NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the family is considering a vigil. Something to spark more interest in Steven's case.

I don't think so. I sense a frustration with the results of the press conference (only two members of the media showed up, and Rolf's mention of the Powell case got quoted more often than what was said about Steven).

Plus, all those vigils haven't done much for the Powell case, either.

Let's hope more's going on in the background, than is apparent to us.

Because they probably weren't invited?
Was LVPD there or just the Henderson mayor and PD.

I've had some discussions in the past few hours with the UDPS folks, and evidently, this case is being treated as a "walkaway". "Lots of people do that...."

And lots of people are crime victims, too. I hope I was hinky enough with UDPS that they alerted St George PD to investigate ME. I'm serious.

What is UDPS?

I don't think so. I sense a frustration with the results of the press conference (only two members of the media showed up, and Rolf's mention of the Powell case got quoted more often than what was said about Steven).

Plus, all those vigils haven't done much for the Powell case, either.

Let's hope more's going on in the background, than is apparent to us.

There were more than two members of the media at that PC.

There were more than two members of the media at that PC.

I'm sorry, I guess I misunderstood.

Do you remember how many? (I remember you saying there were more people in front of the camera than behind it -- and I was kinda surprised there weren't more questions, tho you did your best!)

I wish the parents would make some kind of statement, or a family spokes person in what direction they would like to go. If they want searches, if they want more pressure on police departments. I just wish they would let people know what they can do!

Do you remember how many? (I remember you saying there were more people in front of the camera than behind it -- and I was kinda surprised there weren't more questions, tho you did your best!)

IIRC, it was KLAS with the cameras - and reporters from the Review-Journal and the Sun.

I've been thinking - and may have posted this before...

One of the questions I asked at the PC was about the discrepancy in the description of what Steven was wearing went he went missing. When I asked, Steven's Mom asked me, "What do YOU think he's wearing?"

I do believe the family is seeking answers, but I also believe they have information we need to move forward. Though I don't know if THEY know it.

I've been thinking - and may have posted this before...

One of the questions I asked at the PC was about the discrepancy in the description of what Steven was wearing went he went missing. When I asked, Steven's Mom asked me, "What do YOU think he's wearing?"

I do believe the family is seeking answers, but I also believe they have information we need to move forward. Though I don't know if THEY know it.

bbm

That is probably true. Surely they are thinking of something to keep his name out there.

I hope something is done because this case is fizzling fast.

I do not want this case to fizzle. There is something so special about Steven. I feel like we are his friends, we need to try and keep things going. I think we need some encouragement too. i want to hear from the family spokes person, and give us a boost. A boost to..... I do not know what, but something!!

I'm going back to all the media releases and found this:

"He's a great guy who has always been spontaneous," said Naegle, who lives in Layton. "It was normal for him to just out of the blue drive somewhere like Vegas to visit friends or go to a party or [church] ward activity."

I don't recall any friends every being mentioned of living in Vegas?? Did I miss a post? I know he had family there.

Thanks Laytonian, that was an education and a half! I had no idea Utahns were so fun (perhaps inadvertantly). :D

I agree with Fairy that the family probably knows something (or has access to information) that they don't realise they have, or they don't realise is important. So frustrating. But I don't think a vigil would help - it's the fam themselves who have to see what might be right there in front of them (yikes, now I sound like Capital Letters Guy from the Facebook post).

I just wanted to go back to see what exactly LE has said. It a nutshell---no foul play and still looking for leads. I wonder if they are still actively investigating his case?

St. George police Lt. James Van Fleet said the investigation is still open, but detectives are waiting for new leads.

"We've put out feelers hoping it will generate something but have no further evidence," Van Fleet said. "We're just hoping he checks in."

Van Fleet said the room Koecher rented at a St. George house was searched with his parents there, but nothing suspicious was found. ---SLT 1/11

Keith Paul, a spokesman for the Henderson Police Department, said Monday that after Steven disappeared, the desert surrounding the area where the car was found was searched by police and volunteers on foot and by helicopter.

Paul said the case is still considered active and police are following up leads, but he was not specific.

"There is nothing to indicate foul play," said Paul--SLT 2/3

Investigators have found that the day he went missing, use of his cell phone, e-mail and a debit card stopped. He is not believed to have left the country, either, because his passport was found during a search of his St. George home. SLT 3/1

I wonder if the family paid the rent thru the month of Dec?

In it, they report that "there is no sign of foul play," which police say still is the case. Though officials from both St. George and Henderson said the investigation is still open and ongoing. DN 2/12

On another note, Steven was "into" volleyball. Apparently a member of UOVA. These are links to the '07 & '08 newsletters. I'm thinking he might have met someone while a participant and the real reason for his move to SG. People all over Utah and some from out-of-state were members. I'm wondering if he was a member in the 2009 season? It would have started about the time he moved.
Maybe someone postintg here can confirm? TIA

http://uova.org/blog/

http://www.123people.com/s/steve+koecher
These are the documents in PDF located in the bottom right hand corner of the 123people webpage.

Utah Outdoor Volleyball Association 2008 Tournament Results ...
Cinco De Mayo - May 3, 2008. 29 Total Teams. Coed B. 1st. Bryce Jeffery. Kris Jeffery. 13 Teams ... Steve Koecher. 3rd. Jackie Mutterspaugh. Mckenzie Mutterspaugh. Women's ... Copyright

Association would like to thank all the tournament directors, sponsors and ... 3rd Steve Koecher. Michael Koecher. Womens Open. 1st Helen Farr. Traci ... In this section, 123people refers to web documents such as PDF formats, in which Steve Koecher is mentioned or quoted. By clicking the icon next to each entry, you can find out the source of the content.

Thanks Laytonian, that was an education and a half! I had no idea Utahns were so fun (perhaps inadvertantly). :D

I agree with Fairy that the family probably knows something (or has access to information) that they don't realise they have, or they don't realise is important. So frustrating. But I don't think a vigil would help - it's the fam themselves who have to see what might be right there in front of them (yikes, now I sound like Capital Letters Guy from the Facebook post).

If you retype his post with normalcy...you'll get a better idea of what he really is saying.....

You'd be surprised at the information you can get by acting like a dumb A sometimes.....:)

Maybe its me, but I cant get the thought of Steven possibly responding to a personal ad or odd job ad in vegas. I mean if you look up the personals in sca in craigslist alone, you will see the sickos that are out there. There are old men in a retirement community actually seeking young men. I can only imagine possible job postings by creeps that were there or the likes of it back in dec.....jmo

Maybe its me, but I cant get the thought of Steven possibly responding to a personal ad or odd job ad in vegas. I mean if you look up the personals in sca in craigslist alone, you will see the sickos that are out there. There are old men in a retirement community actually seeking young men. I can only imagine possible job postings by creeps that were there or the likes of it back in dec.....jmo

my opinion is of course my opinion.

I seriously doubt a resident of SCA led Steven to the community with the intent to do him harm knowing that any visitor would have to drive into the community and then leave the car parked on the street.

I hate to quote movie plots but there was a dark comedy about 30 years ago called Eating Raoul. There a couple lured perverts, killed them, took their money AND THEIR CARS. (that was pre-internet era)

If someone wanted to do Steven harm, they would have taken steps to erase tracks. Leaving their car in the neighborhood is so bizarre, it does not even enter the realm of what I consider remotely probable.

my opinion is of course my opinion.

I seriously doubt a resident of SCA led Steven to the community with the intent to do him harm knowing that any visitor would have to drive into the community and then leave the car parked on the street.

I hate to quote movie plots but there was a dark comedy about 30 years ago called Eating Raoul. There a couple lured perverts, killed them, took their money AND THEIR CARS. (that was pre-internet era)

If someone wanted to do Steven harm, they would have taken steps to erase tracks. Leaving their car in the neighborhood is so bizarre, it does not even enter the realm of what I consider remotely probable.
I agree, as my post was not intended to imply harm or murder, I actually meant quite the opposite.

I'm going back to all the media releases and found this:

"He's a great guy who has always been spontaneous," said Naegle, who lives in Layton. "It was normal for him to just out of the blue drive somewhere like Vegas to visit friends or go to a party or [church] ward activity."

I don't recall any friends every being mentioned of living in Vegas?? Did I miss a post? I know he had family there.

This is a good find. I find it odd that someone from the family would say that it was normal for Steven to visit Vegas when we asked and were told by the family that Steven hadn't been in Vegas in years. The last time he went to Vegas was on a family vacation IIRC. And didn't his mother confirm there was no activity on his bank account from Vegas in the weeks/months prior to his disappearance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003