GUILTY NV - Tammy Meyers, 44, fatally shot at her Las Vegas home, 12 Feb 2015 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO I totally agree. And frankly if there were personal issues with the deceased, that could have been addressed in a sympathetic way. People are human. Why didn't they feel compelled to say to LE: This is the situation, we are telling you everything. Nothing will bring our mom back, but we loved her. We want to do the right thing, now.
Instead they consciously opt for a bizarre strategy of multiple stories...here's how it went down version 1, here's how it went down version 2 and so on down the line. It almost seems that they don't get that they aren't in charge. They don't get to invent and reinvent their truth.
Whatever the back story is, it must be huge.

I agree with everything except your last line. The back story, IMO, could be something ridiculously trivial and stupid. People lie about trivial and stupid things. People kill over trivial and stupid things.

I'm convinced there is a back story. I'm not at all convinced it's something worth lying and killing over.

I agree with everything except your last line. The back story, IMO, could be something ridiculously trivial and stupid. People lie about trivial and stupid things. People kill over trivial and stupid things.

I'm convinced there is a back story. I'm not at all convinced it's something worth lying and killing over.

I totally agree with you. I hope I didn't give the impression that I thought the back story was legitimately worth the cover. I don't. My speculation only- I think possibly this is about "business" dealings that are highly profitable....and folks involved think it's no one's business but theirs.

Eventually whatever it is will see the light of day.

Its not going to happen. I don't know why he thinks he is so special from any other defense attorney and gets to jump ahead of what the system entitles him to have in due process.

EN isn't even indicted yet is he? Until he is the DT has no right to discovery and he already knows that so I don't know what silly games he is trying to play other than trying to try his case in the media.

No wonder the DA supposedly said his request is disingenuous. He seems to be showboating to me.

In this case, they can't wait for the indictment, because they have to get the test done before they release the body to the family. DF attorney argued this point in court. Although I agree DF attorney is something of a "showboat" I believe he is doing a fantastic job for his client. DF attorney is former Las Vegas prosecutor, BTW.

I totally agree with you. I hope I didn't give the impression that I thought the back story was legitimately worth the cover. I don't. My speculation only- I think possibly this is about "business" dealings that are highly profitable....and folks involved think it's no one's business but theirs.

Eventually whatever it is will see the light of day.

No, you didn't give that impression. The back story, whatever it is, is important enough to the Meyers family to lie about it and conceal important information from police. And it's important enough to EN, apparently, to kill over it. So clearly it's something that the participants consider to be very important.

I believe, correct me if I am wrong, that jjenny is actually the one who said ham sandwich.
I believe so. Her post is the only place I've read it. She said it to impress upon us that this will be going to trial when we speculated the DA doesn't have enough evidence for a preliminary hearing. But Snoods' sharing the origins of the ham-sandwich-saying was interesting to learn.

In this case, they can't wait for the indictment, because they have to get the test done before they release the body to the family. DF attorney argued this point in court. Although I agree DF attorney is something of a "showboat" I believe he is doing a fantastic job for his client. DF attorney is former Las Vegas prosecutor, BTW.
The test won't be done. The body was already released before the defense requested the test.

:seeya: New thread coming. I'll be back in a few minutes with the link

The test won't be done. The body was already released before the defense requested the test.

Well I might be behind on news then...i watched clips from the hearing and the prosecutor didn't argue that the body was already released. He gave other reasons to not do the test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member