GUILTY NV - Tammy Meyers, 44, fatally shot at her Las Vegas home, 12 Feb 2015 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to reconcile these 2 tidbits (sorry no links) I've read about TM.

1. She disliked or loathed "bullies."
2. In car, she, accompanied by son armed w gun, hunted/chased/tracked
ppl in another car, preceded by discussion (presumably) about scaring/assaulting them,
perhaps even shooting (at) them.

So was her thinking -
Bullying = bad; brandishing gun = ok; shooting (at) ppl = ok? IDK.

Nope, it was Tuesday, Feb. 17th, that EN was picked up.

Article published Friday, Feb. 20, says this:
The police report also says Nowsch had been detained Tuesday for an unrelated warrant

"Tuesday," in an article published Friday, Feb. 20, could only be referring to Tuesday, Feb. 17.

Source: http://fox13now.com/2015/02/20/poli...ad-rage-killing-told-friends-he-shot-someone/

Tuesday, Feb. 17 -- the very same day as the huge revelation that Brandon had been in the car that night with his gun, pointing it at the silver car.

So that means that Bob went to Erich's the day after Tammy died. I wonder what Erich's mom told him? that there was no way he did it? Then maybe Ems mom kept after him about it and then finally called police?

Nope, it was Tuesday, Feb. 17th, that EN was picked up.

Article published Friday, Feb. 20, says this:
The police report also says Nowsch had been detained Tuesday for an unrelated warrant

"Tuesday," in an article published Friday, Feb. 20, could only be referring to Tuesday, Feb. 17.

Source: http://fox13now.com/2015/02/20/poli...ad-rage-killing-told-friends-he-shot-someone/

Tuesday, Feb. 17 -- the very same day as the huge revelation that Brandon had been in the car that night with his gun, pointing it at the silver car.
I have a different idea for the reason the Meyerses came forward with the revelation story that day. Not because they learned EN was picked up on the juvenile warrant. Maybe LE interviewed EN's friends that day. Then they picked up EN on the juvenile warrant so they could question him and find out if he had an alibi to corroborate his friends' statements. While trying to verify the statements of EN's friends, they probably went to look for a second shooting scene. Then they went to the Meyerses with questions about a second shooting scene, saying they found bullets. It makes more sense to me this way. We won't know until we learn what date the friends gave their statements.

So that means that Bob went to Erich's the day after Tammy died. I wonder what Erich's mom told him? that there was no way he did it? Then maybe him mom kept after him about it and then finally called police?

Yes, apparently.

Yes, in the press conference video that you linked to above, held on the 17th, two days after Bob went to Erich's, they are still unaware of the suspect's identity or location. They keep referring to the unknown suspect, unknown driver, unknown shooter. He's still a mystery man two days after Bob went to Erich's. It wasn't until the 19th -- 7 days after the shooting, 5 days after her death, 4 days after Bob went to Erich's house, and two days after the huge revelation about TM picking up BM with his gun -- that EN was finally identified and arrested. It wasn't until the 19th, the day of EN's arrest, that Bob finally admitted that the family knew EN, knew who he was all along, had fed him, gave him money, consoled him, and told him to pull his pants up.

Why?

Yes, apparently.

Yes, in the press conference video that you linked to above, held on the 17th, two days after Bob went to Erich's, they are still unaware of the suspect's identity or location. They keep referring to the unknown suspect, unknown driver, unknown shooter. He's still a mystery man two days after Bob went to Erich's. It wasn't until the 19th -- 7 days after the shooting, 5 days after her death, 4 days after Bob went to Erich's house, and two days after the huge revelation about TM picking up BM with his gun -- that EN was finally identified and arrested. It wasn't until the 19th, the day of EN's arrest, that Bob finally admitted that the family knew EN, knew who he was all along, had fed him, gave him money, consoled him, and told him to pull his pants up.

Why?

I think because of just what Bob said--his kid was too ashamed to tell him what happened.

I think the statement you quoted is spot-on. It's not a garden-variety case. There are ... yes ... nuances. (Weirdness abounds in this case. "Nuances" isn't the word I'd have chosen, but okay.) And EN is charged with murder. I hope they can prove it.

But there's a lot more to this case. Those "nuances" are what we're trying to hash out here. The police and DA are playing things very close to the vest. I can't blame them -- they need to protect their case -- but it's frustrating not knowing what the shooting was really about. I'm 100% certain it wasn't about any road rage.

To use the term "nuances" in reference to this case seems like a bit of linguistic sarcasm.
And all those nuances are probably privately very annoying to LE and the prosecution.

I have a different idea for the reason the Meyerses came forward with the revelation story that day. Not because they learned EN was picked up on the juvenile warrant. Maybe LE interviewed EN's friends that day. Then they picked up EN on the juvenile warrant so they could question him and find out if he had an alibi to corroborate his friends' statements. While trying to verify the statements of EN's friends, they also went back to the Meyerses with questions about a second shooting scene. It makes more sense to me this way. We won't know until we learn what date the friends gave their statements.

That could be. It's plausible, just as plausible, I think, as my theory on that. Under either theory, it's not coincidence that the huge revelation was made on the same day that EN was picked up on the juvie warrant. Both theories explain that in a way that it's not mere coincidence.

No, wait. The arrest affidavit says they interviewed the two friends on the 19th, so that doesn't work.

But wait! The affidavit says they interviewed Nowsch when he was in custody on the juvie warrant because "his name was brought up" during the investigation. They don't say who it was brought up by. It could be one of the two friends contacted police and told them they should look at EN, and then the full interview of the 2 friends happened later, on the 19th.

Or it could be that someone else -- one of the Meyerses?? -- did give EN's name to police. No, it couldn't be the Meyerses that gave up his name. The police would have arrested EN and wouldn't have let him go at that time.

So it was either one of the friends who tipped off police, or someone else gave them EN's name prior to his juvie pick-up. So yeah, your theory could work.

I think because of just what Bob said--his kid was too ashamed to tell him what happened.
Bob used that excuse to explain why Brandon hid that his mom rousted him and his gun and they went looking for the vehicle. He didn't use that excuse for Brandon not telling he knew who the shooter was. And IIRC, he used a different word than ashamed.

Bob used that excuse to explain why Brandon hid that his mom rousted him and his gun and they went looking for the vehicle. He didn't use that excuse for Brandon not telling he knew who the shooter was. IIRC, he said guilty instead of ashamed.

IMO, it remains to be seen that Brandon knew who the shooter was.

What exactly was the kid ashamed of, I wonder? If it was the mom who told the kid to get his gun and go with her, and the kid wanted to call 911 but she insisted she was going with or without him, what did he have to ashamed of?

If the kid was out with his sister hunting for EN, and brought death home to their cul de sac, where innocent mom got caught in the crossfire, the kid would have something to be ashamed of. But if the mom played vigilante on her own initiative, the kid had nothing to be ashamed of.

So..... no, sorry, that explanation doesn't work for me. YMMV.

I have a different idea for the reason the Meyerses came forward with the revelation story that day. Not because they learned EN was picked up on the juvenile warrant. Maybe LE interviewed EN's friends that day. Then they picked up EN on the juvenile warrant so they could question him and find out if he had an alibi to corroborate his friends' statements. While trying to verify the statements of EN's friends, they probably went to look for a second shooting scene. Then they went to the Meyerses with questions about a second shooting scene, saying they found bullets. It makes more sense to me this way. We won't know until we learn what date the friends gave their statements.
EN was questioned on the 17th.
The friends were interviewed on Feb 18. It's in the affidavit.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11532919

That's true. Just because TM spent countless hours consoling EN, and EN earned pocket money washing the Meyers' cars, and EN lived just a block away, and EN went to the same school as the Meyers brothers, and EN had tattoos while BM runs a tattoo parlor, and RM refused to let his kids associate with EN, and all the neighbors apparently know EN as the neighborhood drug dealer..... it's theoretically possible that Brandon didn't know EN. I'd be happy to bet your money on that, but I wouldn't bet my own.

As for knowing that EN was the shooter? Uh, yeah. More nuances. The dad went to EN's house the day after TM died. The dad has made it clear he knew all along who the shooter was. How would the dad know, if Brandon didn't?

No, wait. The arrest affidavit says they interviewed the two friends on the 19th, so that doesn't work.

But wait! The affidavit says they interviewed Nowsch when he was in custody on the juvie warrant because "his name was brought up" during the investigation. They don't say who it was brought up by. It could be one of the two friends contacted police and told them they should look at EN, and then the full interview of the 2 friends happened later, on the 19th.
Okay, thanks for clarification of the friends interview being the 19th.

One of them could have talked to police prior to the 19th, which motivated the police to bring him in for questioning, and they didn't bring the friends in for their full interviews until after they verified they had something solid.

Do they do full interviews and write up formal statements for everyone who calls or talks to them? I'm guessing they only do that with the witnesses they determine are important enough to use as witnesses.

What exactly was the kid ashamed of, I wonder? If it was the mom who told the kid to get his gun and go with her, and the kid wanted to call 911 but she insisted she was going with or without him, what did he have to ashamed of?

If the kid was out with his sister hunting for EN, and brought death home to their cul de sac, where innocent mom got caught in the crossfire, the kid would have something to be ashamed of. But if the mom played vigilante on her own initiative, the kid had nothing to be ashamed of.

So..... no, sorry, that explanation doesn't work for me. YMMV.

Just because you wouldn't feel that way, doesn't mean someone else wouldn't. I personally would feel guilty and ashamed about it along with a bunch of other emotions.

That's true. Just because TM spent countless hours consoling EN, and EN earned pocket money washing the Meyers' cars, and EN lived just a block away, and EN went to the same school as the Meyers brothers, and EN had tattoos while BM runs a tattoo parlor, and RM refused to let his kids associate with EN, and all the neighbors apparently know EN as the neighborhood drug dealer..... it's theoretically possible that Brandon didn't know EN. I'd be happy to bet your money on that, but I wouldn't bet my own.

As for knowing that EN was the shooter? Uh, yeah. More nuances. The dad went to EN's house the day after TM died. The dad has made it clear he knew all along who the shooter was. How would the dad know, if Brandon didn't?

Link please where the dad made it clear he all along knew who the shooter was.

Then why are you saying that he was ashamed to tell his dad who the shooter was?

The shooter's identity was the topic of the quote you quoted to answer sonjay's question, "Why?"

Yes, apparently.

Why?

Bob used that excuse to explain why Brandon hid that his mom rousted him and his gun and they went looking for the vehicle. He didn't use that excuse for Brandon not telling he knew who the shooter was. And IIRC, he used a different word than ashamed.

This is the first report linked in the opening post of thread one, dated Feb 15.

Finding the person who shot and killed a Las Vegas mother of four after an apparent road rage incident is a top priority for police, a spokeswoman said today. Tammy Meyers, a nurse who was shot outside her house after what Las Vegas police said was a "road range incident with another vehicle," died Saturday tonight, a family member told ABC News.

LVMPD spokeswoman Laura Meltzer said today that detectives are "doing everything they can to find the suspect or suspects." Meyers was shot Thursday after a confrontation with several people in another vehicle when she was on the way home from giving her daughter a driving lesson at a nearby school, police said. The other vehicle followed her home, and when she got out of her car, police say someone started shooting.

Meyers' 15-year-old daughter ran into the house before the shooting, and did not witness the incident. Police say one of her brothers came out of the house and fired back at the other vehicle.
https://gma.yahoo.com/husband-las-ve...opstories.html
======================================================================================

Thanks Bessie. Yes, this is the very first version that I ever heard. It seemed pretty straight forward. So when the next versions came tumbling out, they seemed more and more convoluted. JMO

Link please where the dad made it clear he all along knew who the shooter was.
Don't ask me which video it's in right now. I think it was the ABC report I linked earlier. But didn't Bob Meyer say that he gave EN's name to LE?

ETA:
In this video the reporter reads a statement from Robert Meyers which says, "I gave Metro his name." He then goes on to say the media couldn't wait and got the story screwed up, in so many words.

“There were things that couldn't be said and things that had to be said certain ways to get what we had done today,” Robert Meyers said

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11532591

The evolving nature of the story coming out of the Meyers camp reminds me of the telephone game.

Story 1: Driving lessons, road rage, followed home, gunfire. No one knows the shooter.

Story 2: Parallel parking lessons, slow speed causes road rage, driver exits car and yells, followed home, gunfire, Brandon comes out of house with shotgun and returns fire. No one knows the shooter. Sketch is released, manhunt is on.

Story 3: Lane changing and merging lessons, honking horn causes road rage, followed home, gunfire, Brandon comes out of house with handgun and returns fire. No one knows the shooter.

Story 4: Driving lessons included a couple of extra loops around the school, near collision, body molding damage, road rage, followed home, etc. No one knows the shooter.

Story 5: Bombshell! Road rage victim got away from the road rager, went home, dropped off daughter, picked up son with his gun, went out and found road rager, followed home, gunfire. Still no one knows the shooter.

Story 6: Same as previous, but road rage guy passed them in the bike lane and spun out in front of them, exited car, threated to "get you and your daughter." Brandon told mom to call 911, mom refused. No one knows the shooter.

(EN is arrested)

Story 7: Bombshell! Meyers family knew road rager! Consoled him, fed him, told him to pull his pants up. Meyers family knew the road rager all along but couldn't reveal his identity because it would interfere with the police investigation.

Story 8: Road rage incident included another shooting scene, prior to the cul de sac shooting. Police say Meyers had not told LE they knew the road rager.

Story 9: Shooter was bad news, Meyers family paid the shooter to wash their cars, but wouldn't let their children associate with him.

And it just goes on and on and on. Telephone game indeed.

Excellent post, Sonjay! The thanks button was simply not enough. :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member