GUILTY NV - Tammy Meyers, 44, fatally shot at her Las Vegas home, 12 Feb 2015 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But only one of them is dead, so I'll give the benefit of the doubt to the deceased, unless solid evidence is presented that exonerates the accused murderer and implicates someone else.

My theory actually gives more benefit of the doubt to the deceased. Your theory has the deceased acting like a vigilante. Mine does not. Mine allows for the deceased to be totally, completely, 100% innocent. So I'll continue giving the benefit of the doubt to the deceased, unless solid evidence is presented that the deceased actually acted like a vigilante and deliberately put her child in danger.

More from Lt. Steiber:

Vegas police, family defend mom killed in road-rage shootout
By KEN RITTER
Associated Press
(no date, approx Feb 18-19)

[...]
"She figured that this person was speeding, and needed to be corrected. Right or wrong, she beeped the horn," Steiber said.

The man then blocked their car, got out and said "some words" that "frightened Mrs. Meyers and her daughter, at which time Mrs. Meyers sped past him" and went home, Steiber said.

"Here's what happens when she gets home," the lieutenant continued. "Mrs. Meyers is scared, but she's upset. She tells her daughter to go wake up her son, 22, to wake him up and have him come outside and get in the car with her so later they can find who frightened them and her daughter out on the roadway."

"They left the house in search of that person," Steiber said, and found a grey or silver four-door sedan matching the description of the car in the earlier confrontation. She followed the "suspect vehicle," then they broke apart and she drove home. Then the vehicle came into their cul-de-sac.

"There was a volley of rounds fired from that vehicle," and Brandon Meyers "returned fire," the officer said. "When the firing was done, he found that his mother had been struck by gunfire. The suspect vehicle then backed out and sped away. That's what happened. Tammy is a victim."

more at the link
Note, fwiw, Lt. Steiber says nothing about TM telling BM to get his gun.

Wow, you're right! That article does mention BM getting his gun to bring with him -- earlier in the article, it says this:

"But the fatal shooting turned out to be a two-way shootout, provoked by an encounter with unidentified assailants, after Tammy Meyers had her daughter rouse her older son Brandon, who grabbed his gun and joined her in a hunt for the driver she had encountered earlier, Steiber said."

So do we have one more example of the story changing?

Version 5a: Tammy gets Brandon, Brandon decides to bring his gun
Version 5b: Tammy gets Brandon, tells Brandon to bring his gun

Or is this just imprecise reporting?

Wow, you're right! That article does mention BM getting his gun to bring with him -- earlier in the article, it says this:

"But the fatal shooting turned out to be a two-way shootout, provoked by an encounter with unidentified assailants, after Tammy Meyers had her daughter rouse her older son Brandon, who grabbed his gun and joined her in a hunt for the driver she had encountered earlier, Steiber said."

Well, you got me on that one. That's what I get for trying to skim through too fast. Although, it's not a direct quote, so yeah, take with a grain of salt.

We already know that TM went home to get BM & his gun.

This has never been disputed by LE, if I recall correctly. Am I wrong?

IIRC, some of the theories presented in these threads have stated that TM was either never in the car to begin with, that BM was in the car the whole time, that BM & KM were in the car and TM raced out of the house into the yard to find out what the commotion was all about.

Is it a huge revelation that TM went home to drop KM off and pick up BM & his gun? I don't think it is. I think that's what LE has reported from day one.

Unless I'm totally missing what's going on here, I don't think we're any further along than we were earlier.

All the early reports I watched/read mentioned that TM told BM to bring his gun. I'm thinking this is misreporting in that article. I may be wrong. Won't be the first time.

IIRC, one of the things that had so many outraged was hearing that TM told her son to bring his gun before they went out to try to find the silver car.

RBBM

However, your last question brings up the legitimate issue of where the reporter is / was getting their information.

I mean, s/he couldn't just pull this out of thin air, right?

No snark, I'm honestly asking.

:thinking:

:confused:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IIRC, some of the theories presented in these threads have stated that TM was either never in the car to begin with, that BM was in the car the whole time, that BM & KM were in the car and TM raced out of the house into the yard to find out what the commotion was all about.

Is it a huge revelation that TM went home to drop KM off and pick up BM & his gun? I don't think it is. I think that's what LE has reported from day one.

Unless I'm totally missing what's going on here, I don't think we're any further along than we were earlier.

All the early reports I watched/read mentioned that TM told BM to bring his gun. I'm thinking this is misreporting in that article. I may be wrong. Won't be the first time.

IIRC, one of the things that had so many outraged was hearing that TM told her son to bring his gun before they went out to try to find the silver car.

I guess you did come into this discussion late. Yes, it was a huge revelation on the 17th, five days after the shooting, when it was first "revealed" that TM went home to drop off KM and pick up BM and his gun.

For the first few days after the shooting, there was no mention whatsoever that TM had gone home and back out again, or that Brandon was ever in the car that night.

With the two EN friends telling police that EN described a single incident similar to the single incident that was reported by the Meyerses for the first 5 days, I really don't think it's at all far-fetched to think that it might, in fact, have been a single incident, that TM in fact never went home and back out again.

RBBM

However, your last question brings up the legitimate issue of where the reporter is / was getting their information.

I mean, s/he couldn't just pull this out of thin air, right?

No snark, I'm honestly asking.

No snark inferred.

That article says the information came from police. The police may not have included all the details -- either on purpose or not. The reporter may have misheard or misremembered. The reporter might have reported accurately but the article was later edited for space. Or this may indeed represent another step in the story's evolution. I dunno which it is.

What do you all think about the DA smiling in this video when he says something to the effect "This is not your garden variety run of the mill case. We all know there are certain nuances to this case, but at the end of the day this young man is charged with a senseless stupid act of murder and we intend to prove it in court."

http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/l...-meyers-shooting-death-makes-court-appearance

Nuances. Wonder what he is talking about? Is it the alleged drug aspect of this case? Is it the inconsistent stories that have been told? Something else? Everything combined? Hmmmm....

Nowsch's attorneys drop bombshell in court
2 hours ago

LAS VEGAS - Attorneys for 19-year-old Erich Nowsch Jr., the man accused of shooting and killing Tammy Meyers, dropped a bombshell in court on Thursday - two weeks to the day of the deadly shooting .
His attorneys told a judge they want to test Meyers' body for gunshot residue. They want to know if she, or anyone around her, fired a gun the night of Feb. 12.
Nowsch's attorneys say they must rely on the physical evidence in the case because the witness accounts don't add up .
In court on Thursday, the teen's lawyers asked for police, coroner and dispatch records in preparation for a scheduled March 10 hearing. They say they haven't been given all the evidence against their client and they want investigators to look deeper into the physical evidence on the mother of four.
The requested Gun Shot Residue test, or GSR, would help serve that purpose, his attorneys claim.
"The hope is, or was rather, it would illuminate where she was in relation to the shooting," said attorney Augustus Claus. "Or if she might have been some how a participant in it."
Augustus Claus wants a GSR swab completed on Meyers' remains. He said it would help corroborate witness accounts.
However, something else was revealed to Nowsch's attorneys.
"It is my understanding that Tammy Meyers, may have in fact, been returned to the family," said Claus. "Obviously, no testing can be done at that point, either through contamination or just out right funeral rights having been completed."
The defense attorneys have said they are putting prosecutors on notice - that if any physical evidence was lost or destroyed they are going to hold it against them.
(snip)
The judge agreed to another hearing, so Nowsch and his attorneys are scheduled to be back in court on Friday.
More@Link

http://m.8newsnow.com/article.html#!/2336/16bc7bde732f0cf0baf1fc32310e4f07

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the first report linked in the opening post of thread one, dated Feb 15.

Finding the person who shot and killed a Las Vegas mother of four after an apparent road rage incident is a top priority for police, a spokeswoman said today. Tammy Meyers, a nurse who was shot outside her house after what Las Vegas police said was a "road range incident with another vehicle," died Saturday tonight, a family member told ABC News.

LVMPD spokeswoman Laura Meltzer said today that detectives are "doing everything they can to find the suspect or suspects." Meyers was shot Thursday after a confrontation with several people in another vehicle when she was on the way home from giving her daughter a driving lesson at a nearby school, police said. The other vehicle followed her home, and when she got out of her car, police say someone started shooting.

Meyers' 15-year-old daughter ran into the house before the shooting, and did not witness the incident. Police say one of her brothers came out of the house and fired back at the other vehicle.
https://gma.yahoo.com/husband-las-v...ever-done-211219602--abc-news-topstories.html

What do you all think about the DA smiling in this video when he says something to the effect "This is not your garden variety run of the mill case. We all know there are certain nuances to this case, but at the end of the day this young man is charged with a senseless stupid act of murder and we intend to prove it in court."

http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/l...-meyers-shooting-death-makes-court-appearance

Nuances. Wonder what he is talking about? Is it the alleged drug aspect of this case? Is it the inconsistent stories that have been told? Something else? Everything combined? Hmmmm....

I think the statement you quoted is spot-on. It's not a garden-variety case. There are ... yes ... nuances. (Weirdness abounds in this case. "Nuances" isn't the word I'd have chosen, but okay.) And EN is charged with murder. I hope they can prove it.

But there's a lot more to this case. Those "nuances" are what we're trying to hash out here. The police and DA are playing things very close to the vest. I can't blame them -- they need to protect their case -- but it's frustrating not knowing what the shooting was really about. I'm 100% certain it wasn't about any road rage.

I find it quite interesting that the interview with Nowsch (when he was picked up on the unrelated juvie charge) took place on the 17th, and the 17th is exactly when it was "revealed" that mom got away from the road rager, dropped off KM, picked up Brandon with his gun, and went back out to hunt for EN.

My theory on that is that the Meyers knew EN had been picked up, and figured he'd spill the beans about Brandon being in the car and pointing his gun at the silver car. So they had to put out a story that included Brandon being in the car.

Up until the day EN was picked up on the juvie charge, the Meyerses had not said word one about Brandon ever being in the car that night. Why not? And why did they choose that day to reveal that information?

I posted this earlier and I'll have to find it, but Bob found out about EN possibly being a suspect on the 15th and went knocking on his door. EN was not there because he was in custody, so Bob talked to EN's mom. I've always wondered if this was how his mom found out about it.

Nowsch's attorneys drop bombshell in court
2 hours ago

LAS VEGAS - Attorneys for 19-year-old Erich Nowsch Jr., the man accused of shooting and killing Tammy Meyers, dropped a bombshell in court on Thursday - two weeks to the day of the deadly shooting .
His attorneys told a judge they want to test Meyers' body for gunshot residue. They want to know if she, or anyone around her, fired a gun the night of Feb. 12.
Nowsch's attorneys say they must rely on the physical evidence in the case because the witness accounts don't add up .
In court on Thursday, the teen's lawyers asked for police, coroner and dispatch records in preparation for a scheduled March 10 hearing. They say they haven't been given all the evidence against their client and they want investigators to look deeper into the physical evidence on the mother of four.
The requested Gun Shot Residue test, or GSR, would help serve that purpose, his attorneys claim.
"The hope is, or was rather, it would illuminate where she was in relation to the shooting," said attorney Augustus Claus. "Or if she might have been some how a participant in it."
Augustus Claus wants a GSR swab completed on Meyers' remains. He said it would help corroborate witness accounts.
However, something else was revealed to Nowsch's attorneys.
"It is my understanding that Tammy Meyers, may have in fact, been returned to the family," said Claus. "Obviously, no testing can be done at that point, either through contamination or just out right funeral rights having been completed."
The defense attorneys have said they are putting prosecutors on notice - that if any physical evidence was lost or destroyed they are going to hold it against them.
(snip)
The judge agreed to another hearing, so Nowsch and his attorneys are scheduled to be back in court on Friday.
More@Link

http://m.8newsnow.com/article.html#!/2336/16bc7bde732f0cf0baf1fc32310e4f07
Now we know why he asked for the GSR test! He's setting the stage to use the absence of a GSR test to cast doubt.

The press conference was the 17th. I posted it earlier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eap4hTB6mK4

I posted this earlier and I'll have to find it, but Bob found out about EN possibly being a suspect on the 15th and went knocking on his door. EN was not there because he was in custody, so Bob talked to EN's mom. I've always wondered if this was how his mom found out about it.

Nope, it was Tuesday, Feb. 17th, that EN was picked up.

Article published Friday, Feb. 20, says this:
The police report also says Nowsch had been detained Tuesday for an unrelated warrant

"Tuesday," in an article published Friday, Feb. 20, could only be referring to Tuesday, Feb. 17.

Source: http://fox13now.com/2015/02/20/poli...ad-rage-killing-told-friends-he-shot-someone/

Tuesday, Feb. 17 -- the very same day as the huge revelation that Brandon had been in the car that night with his gun, pointing it at the silver car.

Everything combined! Actually, that talking with a smile is what politicians do when they're irritated but have to be nice. The clip is cut so it doesn't show the reporter's question that caused him to give that answer. I'm sure he was irritated by having to answer a question that has no logical answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste