GUILTY NV - Tammy Meyers, 44, fatally shot at her Las Vegas home, 12 Feb 2015 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In this video there is more information about taking her off of life support. Yesterday, someone made a post that said it Bob was ready to off her and pull the plug, but the docs said to let her try for another 48 hours. This video tells us they were able to bring in a new doctor to work with her to try give her a few more days to see if they could save her:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvGm0Z9y40s

<mod snip>

Here is what I think is the first press conference given by the police:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eap4hTB6mK4

As I watch this video, I'm reminded of the initial public reaction to the case, which was (summarizing): "Who takes their teenager out for a driving lesson at 11:00 at night on a school night?"

As it turns out, it wasn't a school night due to an extended President's Day holiday.

Admittedly, I was skeptical of some of the early accounts reported in the media. As time has passed and more information has been released, I've dismissed some of my early assumptions that were either based on misreporting or were based upon the accounts of family members that have been relaying second-hand information.

I now realize that much of my skepticism was due to unreliable reports of the incident that came from 2nd & 3rd hand info.

The telephone game comes to mind.

As I watch this video, I'm reminded of the initial public reaction to the case, which was (summarizing): "Who takes their teenager out for a driving lesson at 11:00 at night on a school night?"

As it turns out, it wasn't a school night due to an extended President's Day holiday.

Admittedly, I was skeptical of some of the early accounts reported in the media. As time has passed and more information has been released, I've dismissed some of my early assumptions that were either based on misreporting or were based upon the accounts of family members that have been relaying second-hand information.

I now realize that much of my skepticism was due to unreliable reports of the incident that came from 2nd & 3rd hand info.

Correct--it was a long weekend and it was Matthew's birthday. My thought is they celebrated his birthday and then KM asked her mom to take her to drive after that. Since it was not a school night her mom said ok.

Here is a video from the day after where bob called into the station and was telling them what happened even though he not yet gotten to talk to Brandon (that part happens towards the end of the video):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2szvrgMqUM

This very video reports that police said the vehicle followed TM and her daughter home and opened fire, and that the daughter managed to run inside the house before they began shooting. One incident, not two separate incidents.

Where did that information come from? Obviously not from RM, whose phone call was a surprise to the news station near the end of the video. It came from police, and the police had to have gotten it from either Brandon or his sister.

I'm not sure about the telephone game...
There is a driving curfew in Nevada for teen drivers starting at 10pm. (That's before the time the "alleged lesson" occurred.) And there is the detail about being legal with actually getting the teen a driving permit and insurance.

I understand there is some thinking parents should be able to do whatever they'd like in this department.
Not saying any particular person here thinks that, just some parents in general.

This very video reports that police said the vehicle followed TM and her daughter home and opened fire, and that the daughter managed to run inside the house before they began shooting. One incident, not two separate incidents.

Where did that information come from? Obviously not from RM, whose phone call was a surprise to the news station near the end of the video. It came from police, and the police had to have gotten it from either Brandon or his sister.

I don't think it is that clear.

I'm taking back my statement that Brandon changed his story until I have reviewed all of the videos.

I'm genuinely curious: What do you think LE believes about the incident? One incident, or two separate incidents with the Meyers car going home to swap out passengers during the intermission?

Because remember, both versions are in the arrest affidavit.

http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/pdf/0...5F02612X-declaration-&-complaint_Redacted.pdf
This is what LE said on February 19.
Twists, turns, questions in deadly Las Vegas road rage case
3:53PM Thursday
February 19, 2015

[...]
Las Vegas detectives have given a slightly different version of events than Meyers' husband, saying the mother drove home to pick up her armed son and went back out to look for the suspect and his car.

According to Steiber, "at one point Mrs. Meyers was following what we consider a suspect vehicle. And then, at another point, they broke apart and Mrs. Meyers went home."

The detective said that the second encounter happened at least 5 minutes after Meyers went home the first time and everything unfolded "within a couple blocks" of each other.
The differing versions contained in the warrant affidavit are the "facts" as related to the detectives by various witnesses.

Sonjay, I think you are correct that the kids revised version kind of throws Mom under the bus. BM says he told her " No Mom, let's just call 911, but she made him go with her because otherwise she was going alone ..." ....SERIOUSLY?

That revised version made BM out to be the hero and Mom the one making bad choices. I am just not buying it.

Excellent post, not only did they throw her under the bus, they were driving the bus. My point is to see TM shot right in front of her home and not tell LE the name of the person has to be one of the biggest disrespectful displays I've seen.

I can't imagine when the paramedics arrived and asked what happen not shouting EN shot her or when at the hospital seeing her on life support and not shouting EN shot her. Very disturbing. No TM did not deserve to die. imo as the mother in that house what TM deserved was for her family to tell the truth.
Jmo

ciao

the person in the detox shirt is matthew

Yes it is. And there have been 3 threads of posts that have claimed it's BM wearing that tee-shirt, when, in fact, it was his brother. All this time, I believed it was BM, until this evening when I watched the video and found out otherwise.

I'm happy we're weeding out the dross from the facts of the case. It makes it easier to discuss the case.

I think it's possible that after the driver of the silver Audi picked EN up from the park (before TM & KM had left the parking lot of the school), they followed TM & daughter for a ways on the street. It could be that at that time the driver got out of the Audi and made his verbal threats to TM & daughter, believing EN's possibly paranoid claims that they "were after him". It could be that, afterward, the driver believed that was the end of it because maybe EN was frequently claiming that 'someone was after' him and the driver had been humoring EN by threatening TM.

After TM and daughter went home, dropped daughter off, picked up armed BM, they went out & easily located the silver Audi - perhaps because EN & the driver hadn't left the area, but were sitting in the car laughing about scaring the $h!t out of the occupants of the green car.

When TM & BM found the silver car nearby, BM may have brandished his gun to scare them (not knowing EN was armed & ready & willing to shoot). TM & BM fled the scene after being shot at, hoping the silver Audi wouldn't follow them home, TM likely realizing they'd made a huge mistake by going to try to confront them.

The silver Audi followed them home, with EN opening fire as they approached the Meyers' residence - shooting at the person he thought was heading toward the house and at the person near the car.

Feel free to poke holes in my scenario.

I'm wondering too why the Audi didn't follow TM and KM home the 1st time around (before BM came into the picture)????? It seems the shots were fired AFTER TM and BM went out looking for the Audi...

I opened a media thread an started to fill it in. If anyone would like to add to it, you're more than welcome to do so.

NV - Tammy Meyers Media & Timeline Thread ***NO DISCUSSION***

This is awesome bessie!

:tyou: for not only creating it, but starting us out with nearly two dozen posts to begin with!

I'm already subscribed to it, and it is such a great resource. I need to review what's there, in order to make sure I'm not duplicating posts. :blushing:

No matter our individual perspective or stance on the details of the case, I truly believe we are united in wanting truth and justice for Tammy Meyers. This has already been a winding road, with many twists and turns.

I look forward to what l lies ahead. The fact that we don't always see eye to eye is part of what makes WS such a great place to sleuth and exchange ideas.

I, personally, value all opinions, even the ones that do not match my own. I hope we can do so with continued mutual respect for our differences in opinion.

:sleuth: on :websleuther:

:twocents:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I'm going to believe the story about TM and BM going out to hunt down the driver who threatened TM and KM, then why would the Audi just be sitting/waiting? on the other street not too far from where the Meyers live??? They didn't go hunt them down like they said, instead they were just sitting in their car, then here comes BM and TM pulling up behind the Audi and that is when the chase and shooting began. I hope this makes sense.. lol

There is a driving curfew in Nevada for teen drivers starting at 10pm. (That's before the time the "alleged lesson" occurred.) And there is the detail about being legal with actually getting the teen a driving permit and insurance.

I understand there is some thinking parents should be able to do whatever they'd like in this department.
Not saying any particular person here thinks that, just some parents in general.

This says the curfew only applies if you have your full license:

http://www.dmvnv.com/pdfforms/logbook.pdf

It also seemed to be known in the neighborhood that drugs were commonly dealt at the park at night, so i found it astounding that the mom would take her daughter driving in a dark place with known drug activity in the immediate area.

I haven't had time to look for the video in the threads. I just finished with dinner and watching a show with my son. I see others have found various videos (thanks Bessie!), and most people are satisfied that Brandon wasn't caught in video saying that. Like Gypsy, I remember it, but I'm content with people feeling otherwise because the video isn't necessary to prove Brandon lied. Sonjay pointed out how the initial reports from the family and the police are proof the story changed. That story could only have changed due to Brandon. The later stories are more self serving for Brandon and put TM in a more negative light. His reasons for lying are irrelevant for proving he is a liar. A liar is a liar whatever the reason.

The evolving nature of the story coming out of the Meyers camp reminds me of the telephone game.

Story 1: Driving lessons, road rage, followed home, gunfire. No one knows the shooter.

Story 2: Parallel parking lessons, slow speed causes road rage, driver exits car and yells, followed home, gunfire, Brandon comes out of house with shotgun and returns fire. No one knows the shooter. Sketch is released, manhunt is on.

Story 3: Lane changing and merging lessons, honking horn causes road rage, followed home, gunfire, Brandon comes out of house with handgun and returns fire. No one knows the shooter.

Story 4: Driving lessons included a couple of extra loops around the school, near collision, body molding damage, road rage, followed home, etc. No one knows the shooter.

Story 5: Bombshell! Road rage victim got away from the road rager, went home, dropped off daughter, picked up son with his gun, went out and found road rager, followed home, gunfire. Still no one knows the shooter.

Story 6: Same as previous, but road rage guy passed them in the bike lane and spun out in front of them, exited car, threated to "get you and your daughter." Brandon told mom to call 911, mom refused. No one knows the shooter.

(EN is arrested)

Story 7: Bombshell! Meyers family knew road rager! Consoled him, fed him, told him to pull his pants up. Meyers family knew the road rager all along but couldn't reveal his identity because it would interfere with the police investigation.

Story 8: Road rage incident included another shooting scene, prior to the cul de sac shooting. Police say Meyers had not told LE they knew the road rager.

Story 9: Shooter was bad news, Meyers family paid the shooter to wash their cars, but wouldn't let their children associate with him.

And it just goes on and on and on. Telephone game indeed.

I don't think it is that clear.

I'm taking back my statement that Brandon changed his story until I have reviewed all of the videos.
That video report is from the morning following the incident when the facts had not been sorted out. One thing I've learned over the years is not to rely on preliminary reports. In most instances, reports that come at least 48 hours after an incident prove to be more accurate. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member