GUILTY NV - Tammy Meyers, 44, fatally shot at her Las Vegas home, 12 Feb 2015 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
the person in the detox shirt is matthew

I was wrong then. It was Matthew. But I am certain I saw him (guy in Detox shirt) on camera saying they the family knew EN had been involved, but that LE asked them not to say anything. I am pretty sure it was in that very same interview, but now it seems to have disappeared. I have spent well over an hour searching for it and it is gone. I would have not wasted that much time if I had not been certain that I saw it. Oh well.

This says the curfew only applies if you have your full license:

http://www.dmvnv.com/pdfforms/logbook.pdf

From the website:
http://www.dmvnv.com/nvdlteens.htmStatewide Driving Curfew

Drivers under 18 may not drive between the hours of 10 p.m. and 5 a.m. unless they are traveling to or from a scheduled event such as school events or work. Law enforcement may ask for satisfactory evidence of the event. This applies to all drivers under the age of 18 until they turn 18.

As it read it, it says all drivers under the age of 18 until they turn 18. It doesn't give an exception for kids with actual permits and insurance that are clocking hours with their parents.

But, if you read it that way, ok. I still read the information as saying getting a legal permit and insurance are not optional.

Added: I went back and read your link. It says the same thing about under 18's that I've been saying.

If the ride occurred, I would see it as a "lets got out and have some fun driving around" with a parent. It wasn't a legal driving lesson in any way.

More from Lt. Steiber:

Vegas police, family defend mom killed in road-rage shootout
By KEN RITTER
Associated Press
(no date, approx Feb 18-19)

[...]
"She figured that this person was speeding, and needed to be corrected. Right or wrong, she beeped the horn," Steiber said.

The man then blocked their car, got out and said "some words" that "frightened Mrs. Meyers and her daughter, at which time Mrs. Meyers sped past him" and went home, Steiber said.

"Here's what happens when she gets home," the lieutenant continued. "Mrs. Meyers is scared, but she's upset. She tells her daughter to go wake up her son, 22, to wake him up and have him come outside and get in the car with her so later they can find who frightened them and her daughter out on the roadway."

"They left the house in search of that person," Steiber said, and found a grey or silver four-door sedan matching the description of the car in the earlier confrontation. She followed the "suspect vehicle," then they broke apart and she drove home. Then the vehicle came into their cul-de-sac.

"There was a volley of rounds fired from that vehicle," and Brandon Meyers "returned fire," the officer said. "When the firing was done, he found that his mother had been struck by gunfire. The suspect vehicle then backed out and sped away. That's what happened. Tammy is a victim."

more at the link
Note, fwiw, Lt. Steiber says nothing about TM telling BM to get his gun.

The evolving nature of the story coming out of the Meyers camp reminds me of the telephone game.

Story 1: Driving lessons, road rage, followed home, gunfire. No one knows the shooter.

Story 2: Parallel parking lessons, slow speed causes road rage, driver exits car and yells, followed home, gunfire, Brandon comes out of house with shotgun and returns fire. No one knows the shooter. Sketch is released, manhunt is on.

Story 3: Lane changing and merging lessons, honking horn causes road rage, followed home, gunfire, Brandon comes out of house with handgun and returns fire. No one knows the shooter.

Story 4: Driving lessons included a couple of extra loops around the school, near collision, body molding damage, road rage, followed home, etc. No one knows the shooter.

Story 5: Bombshell! Road rage victim got away from the road rager, went home, dropped off daughter, picked up son with his gun, went out and found road rager, followed home, gunfire. Still no one knows the shooter.

Story 6: Same as previous, but road rage guy passed them in the bike lane and spun out in front of them, exited car, threated to "get you and your daughter." Brandon told mom to call 911, mom refused. No one knows the shooter.

(EN is arrested)

Story 7: Bombshell! Meyers family knew road rager! Consoled him, fed him, told him to pull his pants up. Meyers family knew the road rager all along but couldn't reveal his identity because it would interfere with the police investigation.

Story 8: Road rage incident included another shooting scene, prior to the cul de sac shooting. Police say Meyers had not told LE they knew the road rager.

Story 9: Shooter was bad news, Meyers family paid the shooter to wash their cars, but wouldn't let their children associate with him.

And it just goes on and on and on. Telephone game indeed.
Awesome synopsis. :loveyou:

That video report is from the morning following the incident when the facts had not been sorted out. One thing I've learned over the years is not to rely on preliminary reports. In most instances, reports that come at least 48 hours after an incident prove to be more accurate. JMO
That's true. I wonder which of the plethora of stories were being told two days later?

It doesn't seem like police nailed down the warrants version until just a few days ago.

According to EN's friends who gave statements to LE, EN was in the park when he saw a green car driving around Johnson Middle School.

http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/pdf/0...5F02612X-declaration-&-complaint_Redacted.pdf

To me, that lends credence to the driving lesson story as reported by TM's daughter and son.

IMO, it's possible that EN was understandably paranoid about being robbed (I think paranoia goes with the territory of being a drug dealer), so when he saw the green car driving around the school, he panicked and called his friend to pick him so he could "get those kids".

EN also reportedly told his friend Krisztian, that he drove by the school in the silver Audi and saw the green car "waiting for him". Page 4 of the affidavit.

This could have been when TM & BM went back to the school looking for the silver car. This could have been when BM allegedly pointed his gun out of the window.

Offering the reward of her prized El Camino:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAMGcoEPBPg
That's four days after she was shot, and it's still being reported as one incident from the school to the house.

btw, you're very organized, Star. The next time I become interested in a murder investigation, I'm going to save copies of news reports in folders so they're easier to find.

Awesome synopsis. :loveyou:

That's true. I wonder which of the plethora of stories were being told two days later?

It doesn't seem like police nailed down the warrants version until just a few days ago.
The affidavit is dated February 19. The interviews with Nowsch and his friends were conducted February 17-18. It's uncertain when the statements were gathered from KM and BM. It's possible they were interviewed more than once beginning February 12.

Oh, yeah, I keep forgetting about the reward.

Why would they offer that car as a reward, when they knew who the shooter was all along?????

That's just ..... weird. Irrational. Nonsensical. It doesn't make sense in any known universe.
JMO, BBM, Yup.
I think they thought the "gesture" would make them appear genuine, generous, and sincere in wanting to find that stranger evil road rager.

Y'all, I feel dumb! We do have a media thread for this case! I didn't know! Just putting it out there just in case anyone else didn't know. Off to go hang my head.....

According to EN's friends who gave statements to LE, EN was in the park when he saw a green car driving around Johnson Middle School.

http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/pdf/0...5F02612X-declaration-&-complaint_Redacted.pdf

To me, that lends credence to the driving lesson story as reported by TM's daughter and son.

IMO, it's possible that EN was understandably paranoid about being robbed, so when he saw the green car driving around the school, he panicked and called his friend to pick him so he could "get those kids".

EN also reportedly told his friend Krisztian, that he drove by the school in the silver Audi and saw the green car "waiting for him". Page 4 of the affidavit.

This could have been when TM & BM went back to the school looking for the silver car. This could have been when BM allegedly pointed his gun out of the window.

BBM. Or it lends credence to the theory that BM & either mom or sister were out looking for EN that night, with gun in hand and trouble in mind. They knew he hung out and did business in that area, so they were driving around that area looking for him.

Neither of those interpretations is definitive. Either one is possible.

It's important to remember that EN's conversation with his friends was when they were all three together at their house. He didn't talk to the two witnesses separately on different occasions.

Y'all, I feel dumb! We do have a media thread for this case! I didn't know! Just putting it out there just in case anyone else didn't know. Off to go hang my head.....
Seriously!??! I had no idea either! :doh:

BBM. Or it lends credence to the theory that BM & either mom or sister were out looking for EN that night, with gun in hand and trouble in mind. They knew he hung out and did business in that area, so they were driving around that area looking for him.

Neither of those interpretations is definitive. Either one is possible.

But only one of them is dead, so I'll give the benefit of the doubt to the deceased, unless solid evidence is presented that exonerates the accused murderer and implicates someone else.

The affidavit is dated February 19. The interviews with Nowsch and his friends were conducted February 17-18. It's uncertain when the statements were gathered from KM and BM. It's possible they were interviewed more than once beginning February 12.

I find it quite interesting that the interview with Nowsch (when he was picked up on the unrelated juvie charge) took place on the 17th, and the 17th is exactly when it was "revealed" that mom got away from the road rager, dropped off KM, picked up Brandon with his gun, and went back out to hunt for EN.

My theory on that is that the Meyers knew EN had been picked up, and figured he'd spill the beans about Brandon being in the car and pointing his gun at the silver car. So they had to put out a story that included Brandon being in the car.

Up until the day EN was picked up on the juvie charge, the Meyerses had not said word one about Brandon ever being in the car that night. Why not? And why did they choose that day to reveal that information?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody