GUILTY NV - Tammy Meyers, 44, fatally shot at her Las Vegas home, 12 Feb 2015 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another oddity. Have not read entire context of this, but he makes it sound like he barely knew the M's yet RM says that TM consoled him "numerous times".
That's more barebones than what he states. He does say he had dinner there a few times, I can't remember the exact number. I didn't get the impression he said he barely knew them. I got the impression he was more casual friends with the middle Meyers children, not a best friend who practically lived at their house.

There's a young man in our neighborhood who came to our house after school in the middle school years to play video games until it was time for him to go home for dinner. I don't recall him ever eating dinner at our house. He was here almost every day for a year or two, but I wouldn't describe him as a good friend of our children. I'd describe him as a situational neighborhood kid. If someone asked him today about his relationship with our family, he'd probably say, "I went to their house sometimes to play video games."

If he had gone through a traumatic event (which he didn't) and I consoled him, I could imagine my thinking I made a bigger impact than he thought I did. What EN went through after his father died was a super big deal. I can imagine he didn't really view TM as countering that much.

Miss Muffet said:Good catch. It doesn't make sense though.

Why would TM get out of the car during the gunfire and leave KM behind? This makes me wonder if TM had a gun too.

My reply:
Plus, why would BM try to get his mom out of the drivers seat and not be concerned about his sister in the back? Could the BIG lie be simply that the family is trying to hide that TM would be stupid enough tot take a 15 year old daughter along for a shootout?

Only time to help one? Felt TM needed help more for whatever reason?

so hes helping her out of the car, then shoves her BACK in car, CLOSES THE CAR DOOR, has a shootout, and she gets out of the car DURING the shootout???

I really believe EN was scared. But I don't think it was all in his head. I think people were out to get him.

I wonder what the Meyerses would have done if he hadn't had a gun and hadn't called his friend to come get him to help him get away. To me, all the indications are that they were after him that night, not the other way around.
Then why would EN claim he didn't know the buick and who was in the buick?

It makes more sense that the M's were after the driver of the Audi based on the prior incident since it was established EN and BM didn't know each other.

I'm remembering it as he had dinner there once, but I'll have to check again..

Right. And he had been to their house for dinner, yet KM states she doesn't know "baby G's" name.

So did TM call EN "baby G"? As in, Baby G is coming over for dinner tonight. Or KM, the person sitting across from you is "baby G". Pass the salt.
I got the impression he was friends with MM and Bob Jr. KM would have known him as Baby G via her brothers referring to him as that. It's possible for him to be at the dinner table without the adults ever referring to him as anything.

Ok. That makes more sense. Maybe isnt wasnt like TM was ministering to EN (Bob has made her into St. Tammy) so much-- more like junior brought baby G home and they also had dinner while there.

Then why would EN claim he didn't know the buick and who was in the buick?

It makes more sense that the M's were after the driver of the Audi based on the prior incident since it was established EN and BM didn't know each other.

It hasn't been established that there was any prior incident. The alleged road rage driver in the sketch wasn't EN, and wasn't EN's Audi-driving friend. He's never been found, and the cops aren't looking for him. There was no accident -- no damage to the Buick that can't be accounted for.

We would have to believe there was a road rage incident with some other silver car and that the Meyerses went out looking for that car -- or maybe went out looking to "return to the Sean of the minor accident" -- or maybe went out to draw the silver car away from the house -- and that they just happened to pull up behind EN's friend's car and thought that was the road rage car and chased it.

We would have to believe that KM isn't sure whether there was a "minor accident" or simply a near-miss.

We would have to believe that KM wasn't sure whether her road-rager followed them home or not.

We would have to believe that the first time TM ever takes her daughter for driving lessons was at 11 at night to practice parallel parking.

We would have to believe a lot of things for which there is no evidence whatsoever.

ETA:

We would have to believe KM originally thought there were two black dudes in the silver car along with the driver.

We would have to believe that KM's road rage incident with the "other" silver car almost exactly mirrored the chase with EN.

What really bothers me is that BM was saying that he and TM were crouching down in the car when the first set of gunfire was exchanged and the prosecutor said BM meant to say "leaning back".

Those two things are NOT the same thing. Ducking down is NOT the same thing as leaning back.

And why would they lean back if someone was shooting at them? Surely ducking down makes more sense IF you are defenseless and someone is shooting at you.
This part bothered me too. Not just that it didn't make sense, but also the DA repeatedly trying to focus on this. Since I could imagine crouched and ducked down in a car during gunfire, I was more perplexed by his insistence they were leaning back and slid down. I can imagine that too, but the DA's over-focus on exactly how they were trying to evade gunfire really peaked my interest in why it was so important to him to indicate their heads were back and not downward.

It would be easier to shoot a gun while leaning back than if you were crouching down.

*speculation* MOO :moo:

I have to say, I believe EN's story about what happened.

I think TM went to the park to screw with EN.
I believe EN's story too. The big question is why isn't he admitting to knowing them? I believe his story without him knowing them. If he's telling the truth, why lie about knowing them. He doesn't have a lawyer when he's making this statement and he's freely telling the officer everything. That detail about knowing the M's and knowing they were after him doesn't seem like something he'd hold back since he didn't have a lawyer at this point. I think he would have spilled the beans about everything.

Agree, yes, that was a very odd correction. Ducking down makes much more sense than leaning back.

I'm wondering if it actually has any relevance to anything. I can't figure out why he would even bother "correcting" that.
Exactly! The bolded is how my radar went when reading that part.

Well, the prosecution may have left that part out? If I remember right, Mogg said he wasn't going to go into everything EN told him. IIRC.

EN said he thought that the Buick was after him but my question is how did the Buick know EN was in the park if there wasn't a driving lesson going on? Why would the Buick be at the park?

Maybe they went to the park deliberately for the point of having some type of interaction with EN.

Is it possible EN was turned around and thought he was on some cul de sac, but not necessarily the one the Meyers lived on?

I'm speculating this neighborhood is a development with variations of the same types of houses. I'm guessing not many (if any) custom homes.

I think at night if you turned down the wrong street (or were in a high speed chase), maybe you wouldn't recognize a house you had been to before in the chaos of the chase and pursuit?

BM can't establish what he was doing in the car and his sister doesn't seem to think he lives at the house. I really wonder how many bedrooms that house has. Did BM and his grandmother share a room??? With an Xbox?
LMAO @ sharing a room with grandma. I think you might be onto something. That house strikes me as very small. I'll bet when he moved back into the house, he has been sleeping on the sofa and some of his stuff was kept in his grandmother's room. It could explain KM not listing him as living there if it appeared more as if he was couch surfing.

I also noticed the thing BM was most descriptive about was how TM was so frantic that she yelled so loud as to grab his attention while he was "inside a game". It stuck me as odd that he was on point about that part (cause maybe that is the part that he made up?)
It's hard to grab the attention of gamers when they are "inside games." They have their headsets on and their minds are focused on the game. When my kids are playing a game, I can't get their attention unless I walk into the room they're in. I have to make a super big sound from downstairs to get their attention otherwise. For example, I've knocked (and a few times banged) on the bottom of the stairwell wall, and even that only worked 50% of the times I did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scyna0895