NV NV - Wellington, WhtMale 574UMNV, 35-50, off Sand Canyon Road, Mar'92 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so late getting to the party, but WOW, you guys ROCK! so happy you found the artwork and artist and company. Now it is going to get some easier for the detectives. Even the model! Word gets out and we will have detectives from all over joining in. This works. DOING THE HAPPY DANCE, but a bit late.....

Note, I know a lot of you do searches on items for UDI and we never get to see the original anything, most of the time. Save these tee images. As I noted paint fades and things look different. That red, it went to orange, the black faded to brown, and the tee was white as the detectives surmised. This will help down the road with other cases. Great work on all of this! May I never have to see a hawk tee again. kidding, I love the birds now, never knew what I was missing.

So the artist IS Jim Kitson! Are we thinking the Model is our UID?

You know how meth and crack cause people to lose their teeth? I don't know how many years it takes for that to happen. I remember in the mid-80s hearing about crack on the news. My first husband and I looked at each other and said, "What's that?" Because we thought we knew it all. LOL

The 70s was mostly weed and psychedelics. Coke made its big appearance in the early early 80s. Then crack arrived in the mid-80s. I just looked it up. 1984. It first started in Los Angeles. Coke addicts who couldn't afford coke switched to crack.

I wonder which teeth our guy is missing. Hmmm.....

Under ten years of use will do it. IMO that's not what is going on here. We have a california granola-head on our hands IMO. No disrespect, my brother's one and I admire him greatly. Meth rotted teeth usually are neglected, not pulled. But if they ARE pulled for meth rot IMO they'd be the front four that are missing first, top and bottom two. move back from there.

but just gut instinct on this says it's not meth teeth, dunno why but I trust my gut.

I'd give the source of this info but how depressing would that get? But it isn't me or my family.

This guy is skinny though! He died in 92, was still wearing vintage clothing. Drugs and homelessness make you lose teeth.
The guy in the advertisements is skinny too. And while you were typing this post, I was already posting about drug addiction. We don't know if our guy was homeless. There are many drug addicts who aren't homeless. And I believe I still have a valid question about AIDs and teeth. My sister was the director of her local chapter for the AID's Project back in the 80s. I'd ask her if she was still alive. (And, no, she didn't die of AIDs.)

As I noted paint fades and things look different. That red, it went to orange, the black faded to brown, and the tee was white as the detectives surmised.

SBM - yeah but what colors did you see the dress as?

(Come on. Surely you know what I'm talking about. I swear it was whitish periwinkle and babypoo gold darnit!! But yeah because of that I was questioning a lot about the colors here. LOL)

This guy is skinny though! He died in 92, was still wearing vintage clothing. Drugs and homelessness make you lose teeth.

He was found in early 92 with death estimated as early as 18 months prior, I thought? Also.. in my experience from being married to a man for almost 22 years, they'll wear stuff till it falls apart.

I am going to go nominate Equestrianista for post of the day and then I will catch up.
Sheesh you guys went 3 pages in 3 hours, LOL

Under ten years of use will do it. IMO that's not what is going on here. We have a california granola-head on our hands IMO. No disrespect, my brother's one and I admire him greatly. Meth rotted teeth usually are neglected, not pulled. But if they ARE pulled for meth rot IMO they'd be the front four that are missing first, top and bottom two. move back from there.

but just gut instinct on this says it's not meth teeth, dunno why but I trust my gut.
That's why I'm asking these questions. I'm talking about crack because this was the time period crack. Meth came later. Oops. I take that back. I just looked it up. Meth came later on my side of the country. It as a prevalent problem in the California cities in the 1970s and 1980s. San Fran was one of the cities. So, it could be crack or meth during that time period in that area of the country.

I won't discount anything. I ask questions. Lots of questions. And look for answers everywhere. Don't worry, I have no problem dropping a theory and brainstorming another. I can even brainstorm a few conflicting theories all at the same time. I don't latch onto an idea and stick with it for eternity no matter what. These are simply the questions I have right now.

That's why I'm asking these questions. I'm talking about crack because this was the time period crack. Meth came later. Oops. I take that back. Meth came later on the east coast. It as a prevalent problem in the California cities in the 1970s and 1980s. I just looked it up. San Fran was one of the cities. So, it could be crack or meth during that time period in that area of the country.

oops ok gotcha, i'm on the east coast and in 85 I was only 12, for example, so wouldn't have been hearing about stuff like that, especially on the other side of the country.

I am going to go nominate Equestrianista for post of the day and then I will catch up.
Sheesh you guys went 3 pages in 3 hours, LOL

Well, to be fair I'm a female with a pot of coffee. That much talking is a cakewalk. :p And I'm avoiding doing our taxes.

oops ok gotcha, i'm on the east coast and in 85 I was only 12, for example, so wouldn't have been hearing about stuff like that, especially on the other side of the country.
I was 20 in 1985. I hadn't heard about it on the other side of the country. I hadn't heard about meth until in the more recent years. I only googled about when that started right now. Crack I heard about on the news in the mid-80s. It's around the same time we started hearing about AIDS in the news. I already knew about marijuana and hallucinogens because that was the culture of the 60s and 70s. (Students smoked marijuana in the school bathrooms back then to the point big clouds of smoke spilled out into the hallways whenever the bathroom doors opened.) Coke hit the country big time in the 80s.

Anyways, I was just trying to remember drug history to get a sense of if it was possible drug use caused him to lose his teeth in that time period. And since I learned today that meth was prevalent for a long time in California, and crack started in the mid-80s, we know it's possible if he was from that area of area of the country. We won't really know if drug use was the cause of his losing his teeth until the detectives tell us which teeth he was missing.

Meth aka crank aka speed has been a problem in parts of the rural US and in heavily manufacturing areas like Michigan and Pennsylvania since WWII. Also truck drivers and pilots. It let you stay awake and alert for long periods.

P.S. Teehee, you're the same age as my daughter :D

Meth aka crank aka speed has been a problem in parts of the rural US and in heavily manufacturing areas like Michigan and Pennsylvania since WWII. Also truck drivers and pilots. It let you stay awake and alert for long periods.
I know speed was around in the late 70s and 80s. I remember hearing about speed in junior high.

Is speed meth? I didn't know that. I don't think they are the same drug.

Oh, and I'm from one of the heavily manufacturing areas in Pennsylvania, and I'm telling you that meth was not a problem here, at least in my lifetime of the 60s and 70s. It has only become a problem in the past 20 years here. Now everything is a problem. Every single drug is everywhere now. I'm shocked, shocked, shocked at the heroin epidemic today. That wasn't prevalent in the upper classes like it is today. I don't know what's gotten into people's heads that caused them to not get THE WARNING to not try these drugs. We wouldn't go near them in my generation here.

Here's the link that says that meth was only a real big problem in the California cities in the 70s and 80s.

" During the late 1970s and through the early 1980s, the problem of meth use in the U.S. was, for the most part, limited to several California cities (e.g., San Francisco and San Diego), since the primary manufacturers and suppliers of meth at the time were members of Hells Angels and other motorcycle gangs headquartered in California. In the mid-1980s meth use escalated dramatically in Honolulu as “ice,” a smokable form of the drug that was imported onto the island of Oahu from the Philippines."

http://www.methinformation.org/html/overview.html

Of course the legal drug existed since the war, but we're talking about when illegal manufacturing and distribution of the drug started.

Well, to be fair I'm a female with a pot of coffee. That much talking is a cakewalk. :p And I'm avoiding doing our taxes.

And Miss M is lacking SLEEP! :floorlaugh:

I am off to drive my wife. I will have to catch up later ( like 10 pages haha)

You guys are phenomenal and Inspiring!

And Miss M is lacking SLEEP! :floorlaugh:

I am off to drive my wife. I will have to catch up later ( like 10 pages haha)

You guys are phenomenal and Inspiring!
You've only had 3 hours sleep yourself!

btw, I did the calculations for the wingspan for you and posted it somewhere in this thread.

If I recall correctly, it's 14"-15"

Can we correlate the shirt with the hat?

.....a black hat with the words "Heavenly Lake Tahoe"

Brief cursory search brings up a ski resort in Tahoe called Heavenly Mountain resort.

I'm so glad someone identified the artist. I was planning to go to the Andy Warhol Museum at 10am. I wouldn't have been coherent enough to drive there.

But I was awake to wish my daughter GOOD LUCK! That's what matters most. :D

The guy in the advertisements is skinny too. And while you were typing this post, I was already posting about drug addiction. We don't know if our guy was homeless. There are many drug addicts who aren't homeless. And I believe I still have a valid question about AIDs and teeth. My sister was the director of her local chapter for the AID's Project back in the 80s. I'd ask her if she was still alive. (And, no, she didn't die of AIDs.)

Yes I was discussing the model. If he went homeless because of drugs and lost work he may have still been wearing the free t-shirts he got modeling?

:cow:

Can we correlate the shirt with the hat?

.....a black hat with the words "Heavenly Lake Tahoe"

Brief cursory search brings up a ski resort in Tahoe called Heavenly Mountain resort.
We already knew that it was Heavenly ski resort. It's just four hours away from San Fran.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BranVan