NV NV - Wellington, WhtMale 574UMNV, 35-50, off Sand Canyon Road, Mar'92 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And the same way of doing the signature. This one is much more clear but I think/am willing to bet you got it. Well done!

attachment.php
il_570xN.603329111_ji9r.jpg

Bringing this forward for Miss Muffet and anyone else who didn't see it on the previous page. Jim Kitson. His wife is still alive, her name is in my previous post, he was in California where she still remains.

These are adorable t-shirts. I can't wait until the detectives find out if they were mass produced as early as the 80s or if they were only sold locally or regionally.

Its on the fragment from the deceased I bet. Problem is, that fragment is missing if you look closely and compare the side by sides I didn't need to post. ;)
That's not what I was talking about. When I looked at the etsy page, I thought the seller was the artist and all of the t-shirts for sale were his. My mind is mush now due to lack of sleep and my vision truly has turned blurry. I've been up all night because the discovery of the hawk ended around 3pm my time, and I needed to stay up for an important event for my daughter this morning. I was afraid I wouldn't wake up if I went to bed. My time was useful while everyone was sleeping though because I discovered all sorts of interesting websites about the backpack company and there's a man in the photos that might look like our guy.

http://lighterthanme.tumblr.com/page/13

"A Story I Haven’t Told

This is my favorite necklace. My dad always had it but wouldn’t give it to me when I was younger, afraid that I would lose it. It is a handmade piece by my great uncle Jim Kitson. Him and his wife Sue lived in Alameda. Their house is wonderful, full of cigar smoke and weird, wooden, antique furniture. All sorts of weird trinkets and statues and figures fill the house, spilling out into a backyard full of cacti and succulent plants. Under the wooden stairs that lead out back is the studio. Marked with a cow’s skull, the studio holds all of my aunt’s felting, as well as Jim’s personal collection of bones and pictures and even old gravestones he found. Metal and dye and paint fill the basement and all of his beautiful sculptures and paintings fill every bit of space. His metal work is incredible.

My uncle Jim used to have a business called Hawk Enterprises. He designed jewelry and other pieces around hawks. This necklace is one of his pieces. He casted the hawk himself."

More at link.

eta:

"A few years ago, he was hit by a truck.

It didn’t kill him, but he lost his sense of smell and taste. As a result, he stopped eating very much and became depressed. The damage from the crash left him unable to make his art anymore. He was already skinny from having quit drinking, and losing weight because of that strain. The last time I saw him we were camping in Levitt Meadows, a place my family has come for generations. Jim was so at home in nature.

We had lost so much family on my dad’s side, and Jim used to say “In this family, we need to say I love you as often as we can.” It became a joke that someone was always dying. But I never thought it would be Jim.

Two years ago he shot himself. He cleaned up his house while his wife was out, he wrote a note, and placed his wedding ring on it for her to find when she came home from work. He took his gun, went to the park, and killed himself. "

OMG that is so freaking sad. RIP Jim. Your art will live on forever.

sc0184b8eb.jpeg
CFFshot.JPG

image-13.jpg
DSCN6954.JPG

Bringing this forward for Miss Muffet and anyone else who didn't see it on the previous page. Jim Kitson. His wife is still alive, her name is in my previous post, he was in California where she still remains.
I read that. I hadn't seen the picture. That's all.

I read that. I hadn't seen the picture. That's all.

Yeah I know. I was bringing the image forward for you. Then I added the summary for all the dozens of other people who might read my post later. :)

You're a great mom, staying up for your daughter like this. I don't have the ability to do all nighters anymore! Your dedication to this UID is much like your dedication to your family, and somewhere my personal belief would say he's smiling down at you in thanks and admiration.

All of you are awesome! Every single last one of you!

I wish that etsy guy didn't "upcycle" Jim's raccoon t-shirt. That's like ruining art IMO.

FWIW I just read a recollection of someone who visited Jim and his wife Sue in San Francisco in 1976, where they'd been living since years earlier. Just pointing it out since this shirt's copyright is 1975. He was almost certainly in SF at that time.

page with recollections, already posted earlier but for source purposes - http://www.thehighsierra.org/jim_kitson.htm

edit - on the second page of that site another recollection mentions "We collated his calendar one year in the 70's and drove all over the Bay Area, charming book stores into carrying them. " ... so.. it could be tricky to figure out who all he "charmed" into selling his tees... *eek*

Can someone please try to enlarge the images of this man in these links?

https://books.google.com/books?id=W...BQ#v=onepage&q=mark pack works shirts&f=false

https://books.google.com/books?id=W...B4Q6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=mark-pack-works&f=false

You have to scroll down a little bit on the second link.

I can't seem to copy the pictures because they are in google books.

I'm crossing my fingers we can get a better look at this guy.

Just a general bit of advice, in case you or others don't know - anytime you are in your browser on a windows machine you can hold down "Ctrl" and tap the "+" sign to zoom in / enlarge anything you're looking at and/or reading. Then you can take a screen shot of it by holding down ctrl and alt and prt sc at the same time and letting go, then going into MS Paint and pasting from your clipboard/hitting ctrl and v at the same time.

Which I mention because I was just going to use that method to blow up the image and thought, why catch you all a fish when I can teach you to fish? :D

edit - here ya go - HTH:

attachment.php

Attachments

• markpackworksguyformissmuffet.jpg
    markpackworksguyformissmuffet.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 334
Any chance this guy wasn't wearing a shirt but instead had his own backpack aroudn his neck and arm when he was found, in fragments?)
I just noticed this question. I wondered the same thing briefly last night. The material in the detectives' picture is clearly t-shirt material, and this backpack would be a significantly heavier canvas material. I think the detectives would have known they weren't handling shirt material if it was canvas.

Which I mention because I was just going to use that method to blow up the image and thought, why catch you all a fish when I can teach you to fish? :D
Sorry. I need you to catch fish. I haven't slept, remember?

Would you PLEASE do the second picture with is profile? It seems he has a large nose.

Pretty please! :)

I just noticed this question. I wondered the same thing briefly last night. The material in the detectives' picture is clearly t-shirt material, and this backpack would be a significantly heavier canvas material. I think the detectives would have known they weren't handling shirt material if it was canvas.

Yep good point, thanks, now that I think about it the hi res photos when zoomed in not only showed clearly it was NOT an iron on, but that it's a stitched material/fabric that is definitely not a canvas backpack. no sleep and miss muffet is still kickin butt and takin names.

I did zoom as far as I could. In google books, if you zoom too far, you can't scroll down to see the book. I'm hoping someone can capture the image so we can zoom it as far as we'd like.

ETA: Fantastic. Can you do the other one with the profile of his nose? It looks like it might be big.

thanks! here you go -
attachment.php

ETA other pic from MissMuffet's book links so they're both in one post -
attachment.php

Attachments

• secondpicformm.png
    secondpicformm.png
    176.8 KB · Views: 294
thanks! here you go -
attachment.php

ETA other pic from MissMuffet's book links so they're both in one post -
attachment.php
THANK YOU! His chin was disappointing me in the full face picture. It's not disappointing me in the profile picture. I'm going to enlarge that profile picture more.

Hopefully he shows up in subsequent advertisements through the years. I'm going to have to research that when I'm more alert.

So, he's in his 20s in this picture. He'd be in his 30s in 1992.

I'm not so sure about this. I wish we could make the pictures clearer. And his teeth being in bad condition bothers me. I have to think about that. What other things cause people to lose teeth? Does AIDS cause people to lose teeth? This is San Fran in 1981. I have to ask.

Another potential contact source - "He became a member of the Pacific Rim Sculptor's Society and the East Bay ProArts organization."
here is his artist page (circa 2007) at the East Bay ProArts organization, which lists contact info though the rest is blank, sadly.
https://db.proartsgallery.org/ebosGallery.php?iconNumber=369

ok time to try to switch to doing my taxes. which i really dont' want to do. this is easier IMO!!

edit - can someone find a wikipedia page for him? it seems he needs one of his own. I don't know how to make them but please, if he doesn't have one, someone who is already very skilled at it, create one? I really believe he deserves to have recognition in that form, since it's' today's "Encyclopedia Britannica" (did I just age myself? LOL) thank you.

THANK YOU! His chin was disappointing me in the full face picture. It's not disappointing me in the profile picture. I'm going to enlarge that profile picture more.

Hopefully he shows up in subsequent advertisements through the years. I'm going to have to research that when I'm more alert.

So, he's in his 20s in this picture. He'd be in his 30s in 1992.

I'm not so sure about this. I wish we could make the pictures clearer. And his teeth being in bad condition bothers me. I have to think about that. What other things cause people to lose teeth? Does AIDS cause people to lose teeth? This is San Fran in 1981. I have to ask.

This guy is skinny though! He died in 92, was still wearing vintage clothing. Drugs and homelessness make you lose teeth.

You know how meth and crack cause people to lose their teeth? I don't know how many years it takes for that to happen. I remember in the mid-80s hearing about crack on the news. My first husband and I looked at each other and said, "What's that?" Because we thought we knew it all. LOL

The 70s was mostly weed and psychedelics. Coke made its big appearance in the early early 80s. Then crack arrived in the mid-80s. I just looked it up. 1984. It first started in Los Angeles. Coke addicts who couldn't afford coke switched to crack.

I wonder which teeth our guy is missing. Hmmm.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member