NV NV - Wellington, WhtMale 574UMNV, 35-50, off Sand Canyon Road, Mar'92 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a wholesale and manufacturing company. At least we know they were doing mail order in the early days.

Fingers crossed we can get a region for where they sent their catalogs if there wasn't a storefront.

Oh, my, what if our guy was associated with the company in some way.
I was looking very hard at the man wearing their outfit in the article. Maybe you should take a look at him, too. The photo was black and white so difficult to tell about the hair color.

https://books.google.com/books?id=W...BQ#v=onepage&q=mark pack works shirts&f=false

Page 91

If it comes down to it, they could contact Colleen Fitzpatrick. She currently is a forensic genealogy consultant with Yeiser & Associates and Identifinders in Huntington Beach, California. They use DNA to narrow it down to surnames and areas.

http://www.identifinders.com/law-enforcement.html

I honestly don't know much about their track record on cases, but I don't see what it could hurt if it gives up any useful information on a John/Jane Does.
That's a good possibility they might consider. I was just sharing what I know the detective's goal was.

Is that Helly Hansen of Norway in both pictures or just the picture on the right?

Or is Helly Hansen a company in Norway?

In the picture on the left, he has one hell of a nose for the picture being so small.

I wish we could enlarge this picture.

Is that Helly Hansen of Norway in both pictures or just the picture on the right?

In the picture on the left, he has one hell of a nose for the picture being so small.

I wish we could enlarge this picture.

Well, until we know if the picture on the left is Helly Hanson or not, we'll start where we can.

Let's determine if Helly Hansen was actively living a life after 1995.
There is only one photo with 3 people under the headline of Outfitting: Piles Of Winter Warmth. The man on the right is wearing the clothing from Mark Pack Works.

Page 91.

Helly Hanson is basically just the name of the company now as he died 1914 and the company went to his son. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helly_Hansen

There is only one photo with 3 people under the headline of Outfitting: Piles Of Winter Warmth. The man on the right is wearing the clothing from Mark Pack Works.
We're looking at two different advertisements. I'm looking at the October 81 issue. What issue are you looking at?

OMG. I found your link above. I think he's the same guy in the 81 advertisement. Big hmmm.....

Okay. We're looking at the same issue. There's an article and then an advertisement in the back. I think they're the same model. I guess it's hard to determine if the hair is red since it's black and white. It looks blonde in the article, but it's darker in the advertisement since the sun isn't shining on it. It could be a dark strawberry blonde but we can't confirm that.

Probably just a model.
Probably. But we don't know when the company was founded. If this was the early years of the company, they would have saved money and not hired a model. And I'm not the type of person to settle for probably. We need to get the pictures enlarged somehow. I have to revisit the composite, brb.

ETA: His eyebrows are close together like the composite. His nose is big in the side picture. It's looks pointy though. He doesn't have cheekbones, but he has a lift on the side of his nose---probably because he's smiling. The composite isn't smiling. His eyes seem deeper, but that could be the sunlight casting a shadow. The jaw and chin seem to be different, but maybe it's the lighting in the pictures and the angle of the composite. The hair looks blonde in the sunlight, but it's not too light in the advertisement. He could be a dark strawberry blonde. I've only been able to enlarge the pictures 225% on my laptop screen. Maybe later this morning, I can enlarge it more on my daughter's computer screen since it's larger.

Two comments upon waking:

1 - I went to bed at 11pm on page 41, how did you all get it to page 46 by the time I woke up??

2 - Even in my dreams nobody knows what this f'kin shirt is about. And that wasn't very restful.

What do you guys think of this hawk? I know it is on a backpack but it looks very close, or pretty much identical IMO. I googled "70's hawk shirt" and this popped up. Here is the link; http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://img.loveitsomuch.com/uploads/201212/06/70/70s%252520rare%252520mark%252520pack%252520works%252520red%252520tail%252520hawk%252520cordura%252520daypack%252520backpack-f57852.jpg&imgrefurl=http://dafortun.loveitsomuch.com/stores/70s-rare-mark-pack-works-red-tail-hawk,436889.html&h=407&w=570&tbnid=EKJMEZ80gsZAQM:&zoom=1&docid=kzZ1pXwIAC6btM&ei=3oQsVerSOO3fsASzsoH4Aw&tbm=isch&ved=0CAoQMygCMAI4ZA

View attachment 73069

ETA: At this link there are other images of the backpack with enlargements and in one of the images there is an artist's name at the bottom and next to the name is says 1975. I am unable to make out the name, perhaps Jim and a last name starting with the letter K? But that is just a guess. https://www.etsy.com/listing/110211620/70s-rare-mark-pack-works-red-tail-hawk

Ah, THIS is how you got five pages ahead. Thank you f or not posting this until 12 minutes after I signed off last night. I bet I'd still be awake right now if you posted it 12 minutes earlier, LOL, great job!!

Here's a closeup of the tail section and artist's name on the Etsy backpack. *(Please excuse the pinkish tones. I have a program on my laptop that 'pinks out' the laptop's hues as the night gets later. Supposed to keep me from staying awake all night, lol.)

It dose a lot more than that. Dr. Kruse would be proud of you for using f.lux. But I won't mix my other obsession with this thread any more... go look for Jack Kruse dot com though and join the forums if you wanna never ever have any time to yourself anymore, LOL.

Good morning, GGE! :D

I've been up all night! I needed to stay up because I have something to do at 7am and I didn't want to sleep in, but I've been keeping myself busy.

LMAO! I think it would be a good idea to focus our efforts on analyzing the missing persons for California and Nevada with a fine tooth comb. Since Martin's was so small in the 70s and 80s, this company might have been too.

Mervyn's. (I'm still catching up on the thread so forgive me if someone else already said this. Also still looking for someone else to have done you guys's side by side comparison not that it still needs it, you obviously found the image. Any chance this guy wasn't wearing a shirt but instead had his own backpack aroudn his neck and arm when he was found, in fragments?)

They're on the NamUs site. And on my computer. Just a sec. I'll upload it.

The ruler pic is not on Namus. there are three different pics. Two on NamUs and one unique one they posted here with the ruler. It's on page two.

Good morning, GGE! :D

I've been up all night! I needed to stay up because I have something to do at 7am and I didn't want to sleep in, but I've been keeping myself busy.

Mornin!

BTW, general comment: The artist's surname appears to begin with Kh IMO. I'm not convinced it is "Jim" either. But perhaps.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Grab your browser window and drag it wider and they'll re-tile to be side by side but the widths of the images are too wide otherwise to NOT stack top to bottom. I can rework it and post one tha's a single side by side comparison composite shot though in a few.

eta:
my lightened and rotated version for comparison as well:

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• tshirtimage.jpg
    tshirtimage.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 306
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics