NV NV - Wellington, WhtMale 574UMNV, 35-50, off Sand Canyon Road, Mar'92 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't dig a shallow grave with a crowbar. A shovel would be needed. As a result, we can eliminate last minute planning for disposing of the body. The killer had to think about how to dispose of the body and take a shovel with him to do it.

That road had sandy spots. N.B. Sand Canyon Road. The perp might frequently have gone on roads with sandy spots (or snow). Potential for getting stuck. Ergo, shovel kept in car.

The only problem with that might be...if the feet were cut off with the shoes, then why were the socks left there?

For all we know, this tall victim may have had cowboy boots that looked like they were worth stealing. So unless we know for sure that the feet and hands were "cut off" it's hard to know what type of perpetrator we're dealing with.

The socks could have been an extra pair? Like the spare underwear? A lot of wanderers travel with an extra pair of socks.

The last of the missing in Texas from the Charley Project:

Sims, Scott Andreas Douglass – adult ht/wt unknwn Blond DOB 1950 MSG 1961 (Wichita Falls, TX) *noncustodial bio dad lived in CA
NAMUS: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/4667/0/ NCMEC # 1165700 Dental n/a; DNA Sample submitted - Tests complete

White, George Gilbert – 6’0”-6’2” 190 lbs Brown DOB 1942 MSG 1975 (Grandview, TX)
NAMUS: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/11014/0/ Dental n/a; DNA Sample submitted - Tests complete.

This completes Texas. The rest of the Charley Project missing will be searched by date periods, since the most likely states (western, OK, and TX) have been gone over with a fine-tooth comb. That is, if the detectives still need this. (Need to read the thread and see if there's any update.)

ETA: I also need to probably do Alaska.

The only problem with that might be...if the feet were cut off with the shoes, then why were the socks left there?

For all we know, this tall victim may have had cowboy boots that looked like they were worth stealing. So unless we know for sure that the feet and hands were "cut off" it's hard to know what type of perpetrator we're dealing with.

Personally, I feel that since there was an underwear band mostly missing, a fragment of a T-shirt, a complete sock and a half sock, all out in the open, that someone killed him for whatever reason and stole his pants and boots. In the blanket, the pants and underwear in good condition were protected and did not rot or get torn by animal activity. IMO these were his extras. I still feel that it makes more sense, especially knowing that bone fragments were found within 75 feet of the remains, that the hands and feet were scattered/ carried away by animals. Then this perp drove away and tossed his crappy shoes out the window down the road and put on our vic's boots. This is JMO and I only say boots because I like boots.

I still think he was sleeping in the blanket, and not carried in it. If I am going to wrap a DB in a blanket for transporting why am I putting his undies in there too?

All speculation and not a shred of fact. (aside from the known artifacts)

:cow:

I know we get all exuberant about helping out, but ...

Just a reminder that we do NOT post names of random folks who we do not KNOW are connected to a case. None of us would want peeps finding our names/profession cropping on a true crime forum in relation to a murder investigation. Nay, nay ... not cool !!

PS: I've gone back over a few pages and put asterisks in the D**n / D***es surname

Missing from ALASKA (Charley Project) completed:

Giomanco, Joseph – 5’10” 165 lbs Brown (photo=auburn) DOB 1951 MSG 1982 (Soldotna, AK) Alaska State Troopers Case # 82-4873
NAMUS: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/26376/0/ Dental n/a; DNA n/a

Jenson Jr, Ralph Leon – 6’2” 200 lbs Brown DOB 1946 MSG 1981 (Juneau, AK) Juneau Police Dept. Case # 81001166
NAMUS: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/11179/0/ Dental n/a; DNA Initial inquiry underway.

That's all for tonight, it's pillow-time. :)

I know we get all exuberant about helping out, but ...

Just a reminder that we do NOT post names of random folks who we do not KNOW are connected to a case. None of us would want peeps finding our names/profession cropping on a true crime forum in relation to a murder investigation. Nay, nay ... not cool !!

PS: I've gone back over a few pages and put asterisks in the D**n / D***es surname

Sillybilly, I'm sorry to have reposted the poster's username from the relevant thread. Since it comes up in the links to the thread that were posted in this thread, I had no inkling that that would be considered "identifying." :confused:

Also, if you're wanting to *** out some of the actual D surname, there are a few left in posts 1619, 1624, and 1630.

Sillybilly, I'm sorry to have reposted the poster's username from the relevant thread. Since it comes up in the links to the thread that were posted in this thread, I had no inkling that that would be considered "identifying." :confused:

Also, if you're wanting to *** out some of the actual D surname, there are a few left in posts 1619, 1624, and 1630.
<bbm>

Thanks Poirot, but they are all okay. Where names are KNOWN to be associated with a case (as in the Thomas Blake case), that's one thing (even then we should use initials if they are not the victim, perp/suspect, or POI), but ... the problem is when coming up with random names/surnames of individuals who just happen to be in the same profession in the same state, when we don't know if they are or are not relevant to the case.

Hope that helps.

They are definitely Stadia sneakers. (Read it spelled correctly in a different report; can't get my hands on it now, though). Plus the photo ad posted earlier in the thread was for "Stadia" sneakers.

I'm glad you found one where it was spelled correctly. The ad for Stadias was posted by a user here who found it with the idea in mind that was what the typo meant. It wasn't linked by detectives or anyone with actual inside information though so I thought it was worth addressing once the poster with the ortho shoes of a similar name brought it up. I feel much better having this definitively sorted. Thanks again!

For the first time, I saw the photo of the hair a couple pages back. I am no hair stylist, but I know a little bit about covering up gray hair (not saying why, or my age or anything). It looks to me as though there is gray hair coming "through" the color. May just be the light in the photo or my lack of education in hair. But that's what it looks like to me. I know they are doing isotope testing on the hair right now. Will they also be doing chemical tests to see if the reddish color is hair coloring? Any cosmetologists in this thread?

Also, is there somewhere in the thread where all of the photos of evidence are in one place? OR, can we have a separate thread for just photos?

A cosmetologist friend of a poster looked at pics and was certain it was colored. Detectives asserted their opinion that it was not colored, IIRC. This is probably within pages 2-10 of this thread someplace but it moved quite fast so it could be a tad later.

My own opinion is that the coarseness/texture of this hair reminds me of a close family friend who has grey hair but who I asked one time, did you use to have red hair? Because of the thick, coarse texture of his hair. He had indeed had strawberry blonde/reddish hair. He is Irish, for what it's worth (probably nothing). But I did think, as a NON-cosmetologist, that perhaps the reason some people think it's been colored is the textural appearance. But have no idea.

The socks could have been an extra pair? Like the spare underwear? A lot of wanderers travel with an extra pair of socks.

Maybe...it's hard to know based on info we've been given.

I'm glad you found one where it was spelled correctly. The ad for Stadias was posted by a user here who found it with the idea in mind that was what the typo meant. It wasn't linked by detectives or anyone with actual inside information though so I thought it was worth addressing once the poster with the ortho shoes of a similar name brought it up. I feel much better having this definitively sorted. Thanks again!

No problem! I know I felt more certain after reading that (just wish I could remember where. Sometimes I take screenshots of 'facts' that clarify--I'll doublecheck).

How long would you guess it would take to rule out or confirm if the man who looks VERY much like the photo LE submitted to us is the UID?

Just an FYI. The majority of tweets will be going directly out to specific people. You should only see the regional and general tweets. They may feel redundant because some of the same tweets will target different regional and general areas. I'm going to try to not overflow your pages, but hang in there because the tweets should become less invasive.

How long would you guess it would take to rule out or confirm if the man who looks VERY much like the photo LE submitted to us is the UID?

That would depend on how long it takes to get a DNA sample from the family, or if they can find dental records.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme