NV NV - Wellington, WhtMale 574UMNV, 35-50, off Sand Canyon Road, Mar'92 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
mmarty, are you able to give us any more R/O's?

We could begin digging into WS threads here for more info on these missing people if they aren't ruled out or appear to be some of the better leads.

I never heard back from the Audubon society.

I'm taking my laptop to The National Aviary tomorrow to get a professional bird expert's opinion.

Hi all, hoping we find an a name for this person so we can send him back to his family, thoughts and prayers from New Zealand

So I am torn now between it being an owl or a hawk or a wild turkey. Look at these birds and maybe we can narrow it down maybe.

View attachment 72833

View attachment 72834

View attachment 72835

first is a hawk the last two are owls. Try to stay focused girls. LOL

View attachment 72836

It's not a wild turkey, unless they come in different colors and patterns. I hunt them every year. :) We only have the one variety here in Kentucky.

Color Pattern
Turkeys are dark overall with a bronze-green iridescence to most of their plumage. Their wings are dark, boldly barred with white. Their rump and tail feathers are broadly tipped with rusty or white. The bare skin of the head and neck varies from red to blue to gray.

And I also have to clean them lol.

Color Pattern
Turkeys are dark overall with a bronze-green iridescence to most of their plumage. Their wings are dark, boldly barred with white. Their rump and tail feathers are broadly tipped with rusty or white. The bare skin of the head and neck varies from red to blue to gray.

http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Wild_Turkey/id

Also, I don't see any owl likeness in that picture at all.

Update....

The good news is we now have a DNA profile entered into CODIS for our John Doe, which is a huge step in the right direction! Unfortunately, we do not have any "hits" on the profile at this time.

We need your help. Attached is a photograph of a piece of a T-shirt. We believe the T-shirt was originally white. We need your help with identifying the design. Does anyone recognize it? Thank you in advance for your time and efforts!

Their rump and tail feathers are broadly tipped with rusty or white. Just not seeing a turkey there.

Ugh, picture didn't quote.

I have been fascinated by what wear patterns on the inside of shoes and the bottoms of shoes can tell forensics. You stated Wayne Hickman was pigeon toed. Wouldn't that cause a particular wear pattern on shoes? The detective (can't remember which one) stated that the shoes had been repaired in an unusual way, IIRC. This fascinates me and I would like to see a pic of the shoes.

FWIW, my husband had bars on his shoes when he was a baby, between his ankles sort of, to correct something about the angle of his feet. Now his sneakers always wear funny on the outside, going flatter on the outer edges first. So after awhile he uses his belt sander to do an "unusual repair" on them - to grind down the inside of the soles to even them out!

No idea if this could be helpful in any way.

edited to add: he also has large callouses on his big toe undersides and as a result of all of this off-set stuff, he has bunions starting on his big toe joints. I would think if they HAD the feet this might be an avenue to go down to try to match footwear to foot bones, but I suppose this is not useful as things stand.

I always knew bald eagles have massive wingspan, but this picture certainly puts it into perspective.

tumblr_nmgq1sM6Al1t0gs1do1_500.jpg

Regarding the shirt - It reminds me of the souvenir t shirts we would buy when we went to the Adirondacks when I was little - nature preserve type places seem to feature realistic animal prints in my (limited) experience, like that shirt seems to be. It does appear to be early 1980s to me. (I say this because I'm one of six kids and my many brothers had many 1970s and 80s t shirts.)

I don't think this person is in the databases. Maybe wasn't even reported missing. I say this because of one of my brothers could have become this person, but for the grace of God. He took off hitchiking in about 1979 with a friend. They worked at state parks around the country, in Florida at one point and then getting jobs out west (at Lake Tahoe at one point in fact, weirdly enough) which they just sort of winged it to get to when it was time. Rides, busses, etc. All cash or whatever back then, no records of travel. At one point my brother became despondent and went to Yosemite and had his friend drop him off and leave him there alone.. he was going to walk off a cliff. Instead he fell in love with being a mountain man... he left when I was about 6 and I didn't know if he was alive or dead until I was more than 30. I'm 42 now and still haven't seen or spoken to him but he wrote a little book about his journey and decision and way of living up there in the Sierra Nevadas now, and one of my other siblings found reference to it and his name, as author, on facebook and that's how we found he was alive. (His book literally begins with "Big cliffs are easy to step off".. that's how I know why he went there. Crazy.)

But my whole point is, we never reported him missing because he WASN"T missing.. I mean, we had an address and birthday cards and letters wouldn't be returned to us.. and at one point he wrote back to me once.. but said he was going on a trip aroudn the world with a great girl he'd met and wouldn't be in contact for awhile... and he'd always been a bad one with writing and calling anyway (those days there was no cellphone or internet of course) .. but then we heard nothing for months then years, till before you know it, years after mom died my other sibling found that facebook reference. I do genealogy research and sometimes would look for his name and social security number in the social security death index but never found anything. Still never occurred to me to report him missing though. He was just.. not talkative we figured. He'd gone his own way.

I think the unidentified male in this case is probably like my brother.

Just my opinion and sorry to sidetrack.

Editing to add: If so, social media could be very helpful. Instead of asking if anyone recognizes this "missing person" who was found, playing up the angle of "do you have a relative you haven't spoken to in longer than you realize who matches this description" type of thing, you know?

I think there's a high likelihood you're right. There are thousands and thousands of men and women like him in the country, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
f48567899