Identified! NV - Wellington, WhtMale 574UMNV, 35-50, Off Sand Canyon Road, Mar'92 - #2 - Vincent Marion Trapp

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
On the Missing Persons' Cases 1990 - 1995, this man, John Woodrow Flowers, is a possibility; http://www.nampn.org/cases/flowers_john.html. The man was headed out west and fits the general description physically and clothing-wise. I'm not sure about the hair, because of the picture, being so dark. Also, I didn't see his name, on the ruled out list.

Has William Pear been mentioned?

Pear was last seen August 6, 1985 in Morro Bay, CA leaving work. He left all of his personal belongings behind. He was hitchhiking to Long Beach or San Diego.
attachment.php

ETA: Per wenwe4's 12-19-2015 Post #4, under the List - No Discussion thread, he is listed as the following:

-PEAR, William 5'1" 201lbs. ReddishBrwn DOB 1943 MSG 1985 (p74 t2) #299 (Morro Bay, CA) PD Case Number: 85-4939 * no dental, no Namus

Pear is now listed in Namus as MP #30447 There is no DNA sample submitted.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/30447/3

I thought he was way too short when I saw 5'1" but checked his NamUs link and he is actually 70.0 to 72.0 inches. I think he, William Pear, and Chouinard should definitely be checked out. They have pretty strong resemblance.

William Pear thread here http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Morro-Bay-6-Aug-1985&p=12886961#post12886961

And I have just found article from last year :
A recent search by Morro Bay police determined there was no record of Pear in the Social Security Administration database and the Social Security number initially given to investigators in 1985 did not belong to him. Police say it is unknown whether Pear was trying to conceal his true identity.
http://www.ksby.com/story/30449681/m...m-herbert-pear

I would say he definitely need to be checked.

YOU CAN HEAR TONIGHT'S SHOW AFTER 10:30 PM EASTERN ON SPREAKER RIGHT HERE

Tonight we have a group of incredible guests.

We welcome back filmmakers Josh Zeman and Rachel Mills.

Josh and Rachel will discuss the incredible new docu-series called the Killing Season on A&E. Part of the reason this docu-series is so incredible is it features several of our amazing members of Websleuths.

Also, Josh is going to fill us in on this "creepy clown" problem that has been happening it seems like everywhere. Josh and Rachel are experts on all things weird and creepy.

Take a look at their two documentaries. Cropsy and Killer Legends

Later in the show, we welcome Mike Marty. Detective Marty is with the Nevada Division of Public Safety and has been working on a cold case for many years.

It is a murder case. A young man was found murdered on a hiking trail in 1992. No I.D. No clue as to who killed him and to his identity.

Detective Marty came to Websleuths and showed us a shirt the victim was wearing. He asked us to please try and identify where the shirt was made, who made it, where it was available in 1992. Guess what? Our amazing sleuths did exactly what Detective Marty asked for. Equestrianista was the member who made the actual discovery of the t-shirt.

Now, Detective Marty has a new break in the case and he will discuss the latest with you on True Crime Radio TONIGHT.

Listen to True Crime Radio starting at 10:30 PM Eastern TONIGHT.

Was the new image the new break in the case that Marty discussed on the radio show?

WebSleuthers,

Here is the most recent update from us on this case. With the help of Arizona State University, and their amazing forensic sketch artist, we have a potential likeness of the Sand Canyon John Doe. Here you go. One image is black and white and the other is using the victim's hair. This isn't a guess of what our victim looked like this is a scientific recreation (100% more accurate than the clay likeness). View attachment 103369View attachment 103370

Direct all leads to me via email at mmarty@dps.state.nv.us

Thank you again for all your time and effort on this case.
In case anyone missed this post - this is the new image.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I got inspired by a recent show I watched where a man was able to discover his 2nd cousins, birth parents, and his identity through autosomal dna. I wonder that could be done in this case.

I have a hair question. Did the hair that was recovered with the remains indicate how long it was? Do we know if the individual had long hair or short hair?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Are there further details regarding the right side injury? Could they be consistent with a motorcycle accident?

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1083dmco.html
Mitchell Todd Hein
Missing since February 1, 1983 from Golden, Jefferson County, Colorado.
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: October 31, 1960
Age at Time of Disappearance: 23 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 6'0"; 170 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown/auburn naturally curly hair and when last seen it was bushy and unkempt. He also had a full beard when last seen; brown eyes.
Scars, Marks: Had major knee surgery and has a large scar on one of his knees.
Clothing: Last seen wearing tattered blue jeans, a flannel shirt and either tennis shoes or work boots.
Dentals: Available.
DNA: Available.
Aka: Mitch

Circumstances of Disappearance
Mitchell moved out his parent's house in Golden Colorado in 1980. He traveled extensively over the next three years working odd jobs such as rebuilding boats, a car mechanic and work in the oil fields. He was known to have been in Houston Texas, Galveston Texas, Clinton Oklahoma, Neosho Missouri and Indio California. Mitch would send his parents postcards and would visit once a year during the Christmas holidays.
In December 1982 Mitch came home to Colorado for a visit and abruptly left in January or February 1983 without saying goodbye to anyone. He was carrying his clothes and belongings in a black trash bag.
According to a friend, Mitch showed up in Clinton Oklahoma and then in early March 1983 he hitched a ride with the friend's father to California. When they stopped for the night in Indio California Mitch left the hotel room and has not been seen or heard from since.
Mitch may have been involved in drugs and was described by some friends as being anti-establishment. It was reported that Mitch had thrown away his driver's license, social security card and may have had no form of identification on him.
View attachment 118922MTHein1[1].jpg

Hello, everyone! I haven't posted in this thread in a very long time but wanted to share something interesting.

I am robo-watching McLeod's Daughters on HULU. I am on Season 5, Episode 18, and saw the vet on the series wearing a shirt identical to the shirt our John Doe was wearing. The shirt looked blue with blue armbands, the sun/moon on it was yellow, and the hawk was the same as well as the trees. The series originates in Australia. The vet wearing the shirt was looking for unusual birds in a contest along with a female cast member. I got chills when I saw the shirt.

Could the shirt have come from Australia? Could the John Doe be Australian? Are there international bird watchers organizations?

I have obviously missed quite a lot of relevant posts, so forgive me if these questions have been answered or the origin of the shirt been discovered. The series was filmed on location in Australia, the accents are Australian, and the vet is wearing the shirt!

***ETA: I thought I should add that the hawk was in a red circle, but there as also a larger circle of yellow. If it isn't the exact same shirt, it has to be a shirt from the same designer as well as the same manufacturer.

Many Australians have red hair.

Mitch may have been involved in drugs and was described by some friends as being anti-establishment. It was reported that Mitch had thrown away his driver's license, social security card and may have had no form of identification on him.

This and his prior erratic lifestyle makes me wonder if he was having mental health issues. He was about the right age to be sliding into schizophrenia if nothing else.

The vet wearing the shirt was looking for unusual birds in a contest along with a female cast member. I got chills when I saw the shirt.

Sounds like what is known to UK birders as "twitching". Twitchers will travel for days to catch a glimpse of a rare visiting bird.

Could the shirt have come from Australia? Could the John Doe be Australian? Are there international bird watchers organizations?

There's this Australian ornithological organisation:

http://www.birdlife.org.au/

This site has a list of birding clubs in Australia:

https://www.birdsqueensland.org.au/links_clubs_aust.php

Birding holidays and trips are popular amongst birders so this chap could be a foreigner who went missing on a trip. Maybe there's a club out there missing a member.

Many Australians have red hair.

They'll be the ones with ancestry in NW Europe, especially Norway or Scotland.

This and his prior erratic lifestyle makes me wonder if he was having mental health issues. He was about the right age to be sliding into schizophrenia if nothing else.
That was what I was wondering, too. The place where he was last seen is quite a distance but on a fairly direct route; if he continued his pattern of traveling around from job to job, he might well have headed to the Lake Tahoe area where there's lots of tourist industry employment winter and summer.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnootWolf02
Back