Identified! NV - Wellington, WhtMale 574UMNV, 35-50, Off Sand Canyon Road, Mar'92 - #2 - Vincent Marion Trapp

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't think we should drop this idea of BigCityAccountant's: the possibility that our UID was associated with Desert Creek campground. Perhaps we should engage this topic again when we get around to more fully discussing the isotope information?

I would suggest we evaluate, not Desert Creek per se, but the general area of the Sweetwater Mountains, which straddle Lyon County, NV, and CA border.

I have developed this concept in the isotope discussion thread.

There is a photo in this post that is mistakenly attached.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-01-05 at 12.09.52 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-01-05 at 12.09.52 PM.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 113
I think you'd use advanced search, and under Case Information, there's a "date entered" option that lets you search for a date range. I think our list is effective from last April, with a couple of additions that we stumbled across recently.

Thank you, carbuff

Very helpful info. I wasn't (especially) thinking of this case at the time I posted, I just happened to be here at the time my brain popped the question :)

I received info today from mmarty that Harmon has been ruled out by dentals.

I got all numerical, alphabetical, and LEO lists updated today (with links) that included the latest 28 (or so) that were uploaded to NaMus in 2015 and a few others. There have been 375 MP submissions to date from WS'rs!

...nothing new on our end here. Just in case it was never mentioned or missed; if the missing person shows as having DNA complete in the system in CODIS, then it can't be a match for our UID, because his DNA has been entered into CODIS.

Thanks again for everyone's continued effort on this case.

M.

I've heard nothing new since last updates. I assume they got busy with other cases in the meantime.

...nothing new on our end here. Just in case it was never mentioned or missed; if the missing person shows as having DNA complete in the system in CODIS, then it can't be a match for our UID, because his DNA has been entered into CODIS.

Thanks again for everyone's continued effort on this case.

M.

wenwe4,
I didn't know this but it makes perfect sense that CODIS did not make a match with this victim.
How do we know if the DNA has been entered in CODIS?
Does NamUs automatically enter DNA into CODIS and note it on the case?
Is there something we can look for to eliminate some of the missing persons?

wenwe4,
I didn't know this but it makes perfect sense that CODIS did not make a match with this victim.

Excellent question and I honestly do not know the answer. Maybe there is something on the Namus site that clarifies this but I don't dare change our submissions without confirmation from LEO. At least we know the submissions are still actively being investigated. If anyone has time to investigate this question please let us know.

Am I the only one who doesn't think the T-shirt matches the backpack? I may have missed something, so if so, let me know! But they look different to me...width of the red part of the circle past the feathers, feather shape, spacing between feathers. They look very similar, but different.

I'm sure this has been compared by experts, I just wanted to post it to see if I was the only one?

4ff3654ab4e0e122db929795da39385a.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

A big shout out to BigCityAccountant! Here is a link (provided by BCA) to Namus DNA information:

https://www.findthemissing.org/documents/NamUs-DNA_Protocol_for_Collection.pdf

" If profiles meet minimum requirements, they are uploaded and stored in the
Combined DNA Index System (CODIS), which is a secure database
managed by the FBI CODIS Unit. "

I would assume that means any pending submissions on our list that have DNA listed as "uploaded" would be a rule-out. I will confirm with LEO before listing them as "ruled out".

wenwe4,
On the person's NAMUS file it will say if DNA has been entered or is pending/awaiting DNA. I would assume entered on NAMUS means it has been entered in CODIS.

I have been repeatedly told by others on the forums that we can't assume DNA uploads. Roslvr can give more info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been repeatedly told by others on the forums that we can't assume DNA uploads. Roslvr can give more info.

That's also what I was told - at the very least confirm the comparison was made.

A falcon flew into my yard this morning and I thought of this.

Any updates?

I just became interested in this case..because of the dog!! I felt so bad for the dog if it Was his owner. The dog looks like a shepherd mix and shepherds are known to be the most faithful of dogs that will totally stay with their person forever.
Makes me think if the woman said she saw the dog wandering 9 months prior to the person being reported dead. I believe one of 2 things . The person was still alive when the dog was coming around and the dog was looking for help. Or the dog finally had it and had to go find food and water. Also as an avid dog person something I have also noticed between dogs and their person is the similarities that they Always have. Dogs almost always look like their owners.
With that in mind I saw the photos of David Arthur Preston and he reminds me a lot of not only the Jone Doe but of also the Dog. http://doenetwork.org/cases/734dmca.html The date seems right and so does his height and even though his hair is said to be blonde it looks darker in the one photo and the other photo it does look red.
Also I was wondering when they did the checking of the car did they check for any fibers or did they have written that there was dog hair in the car.? Because that dog has a lot of thick fur that if he was a passenger in that car he would of definitely left fur.
Another thought does anyone know if any of the missing guys that are on the list were animal lovers because between the tshirt and the fact that he had a dog he depicts a person that likes animals... Not all homeless or not homeless people would travel with a dog unless they really like animals.

I'm sorry to ask if this has already been discussed. I tried to search the forum, but no luck. Probably operator error! I just saw a missing person, Gordon Collins, on Unsolved Mysteries site and was wondering if he'd been considered and/or ruled out. The details of his disappearance and years afterward are somewhat odd. I can't find him on Namus either. Anyone know any further details?

Can I post the link to Unsolved's site?

I don't know if the following name has already been suggested, however I've worked on this case for a few hours and I think I have a lead worth looking at. Apologies if it's a rule out as I don't have time to read 27 pages worth of postings. However, the name I want to suggest is not a ruled-out one at Namus for this Doe.

Potential match: Joseph Anthony Stuart
Namus MP #29973

Stuart was last seen on September 6th, 1991 while our Doe was found in skeletal condition on March 13th, 1992 so there's a chance there that it could be the same person I think. Stuart had brown hair while our Doe is described as reddish-brown so I'm calling that a ballpark match. Stuart was 35 while our Doe is thought to be 35-50 so there is a low-end match there. Stuart was a white male as was our Doe.

Mismatch: Stuart's height was 68" (5'8") while our Doe is estimated to be 72" so there's a 4" discrepancy, however I don't think it's a terrible mismatch. The feathered shirt and the dog do not match any info I found on Stuart however there is something else very intriguing to me.

Stuart was last seen in Fullerton, California and his friend said that he had spoken of going to Reno, Nevada for a job lead. When I look at the most efficient routing that you would take I see someone using Highway 395 in California northward. However, if he was hitchhiking maybe he found a driver that didn't take the most efficient route. If our Doe was a murder victim that could explain going off the most efficient route as well, but it's certainly not like Fullerton to Reno is far off from where he was found.

Thoughts?

Link to Namus

I just became interested in this case..because of the dog!! I felt so bad for the dog if it Was his owner. The dog looks like a shepherd mix and shepherds are known to be the most faithful of dogs that will totally stay with their person forever.
Makes me think if the woman said she saw the dog wandering 9 months prior to the person being reported dead. I believe one of 2 things . The person was still alive when the dog was coming around and the dog was looking for help. Or the dog finally had it and had to go find food and water. Also as an avid dog person something I have also noticed between dogs and their person is the similarities that they Always have. Dogs almost always look like their owners.
With that in mind I saw the photos of David Arthur Preston and he reminds me a lot of not only the Jone Doe but of also the Dog. http://doenetwork.org/cases/734dmca.html The date seems right and so does his height and even though his hair is said to be blonde it looks darker in the one photo and the other photo it does look red.
Also I was wondering when they did the checking of the car did they check for any fibers or did they have written that there was dog hair in the car.? Because that dog has a lot of thick fur that if he was a passenger in that car he would of definitely left fur.
Another thought does anyone know if any of the missing guys that are on the list were animal lovers because between the tshirt and the fact that he had a dog he depicts a person that likes animals... Not all homeless or not homeless people would travel with a dog unless they really like animals.

The car was apparently discovered before the body so wasn't immediately connected to a crime.

Are the detectives still popping in here from time to time? Is there any updated "rule outs"? It's been a while since I looked on this one or helped research some of the names we have listed .. hopefully this one is still being actively worked on!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisy24
Back