Identified! NV - Wellington, WhtMale 574UMNV, 35-50, Off Sand Canyon Road, Mar'92 - #2 - Vincent Marion Trapp

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
......you have a question?

Is there a thread where we can ask questions for our LE guys?

Yes, you can do that here for quickest reply - or you can PM mmarty. LEO do have links for the new forum and their "Reserved for mmarty" thread that bessie set up for this case, but I don't expect that they will be able to check all 48 (now 50) threads plus others - due to time constraints. Keep in mind that LEO may or may not be able to answer our questions, some stuff they are still keeping close to the vest.

...not sure if we originally posted the Levi pants size, but I think it's important, the pants were a size 33 waist and 36 Long. This was a long legged individual.

I bumped this in case it's at all related to our perp's backstory. It seems as though this UID has a torso missing and not just the hands and feet, so I doubt there's relevance, but ya never know....

This one might belong in the Neal Falls thread. They are investigating him in Nevada. I just don't remember his timeline at the moment.

This one might belong in the Neal Falls thread. They are investigating him in Nevada. I just don't remember his timeline at the moment.

You got me intrigued (I forgot that I was sleuthing info about missing hands and feet back in May - see post #196 reposted above by Rickshawfan). So I went looking for the Neal Falls thread here on WS.

Here is a MSM video of Falls and his serial killer kit of multiple implements for sawing/hacking off body parts.

http://www.wsaz.com/home/headlines/WSAZ-Investigates-Death-Of-A-Serial-Killer--339603732.html

Since Falls is now being investigated in NV thought it might be relevant to this case. He is suspected of killing and dismembering women but he had a black book full of names of people who had wronged him. Maybe there was one tall red headed man on that list? I know we're looking for the victim but what if our victim's name was in that black book? Of course, I'm not even sure of Fall's age (how old would he have been in 1990 or 91?) or his timeline.

I think it takes a rare breed of killer who likes to dismember victims. (Zahra Baker's step-momster comes to mind).

I know we are supposed to be narrowing down the list of 50, but if we come across possible additions, should we have a thread for that OR do it here?

And is there handy access to the rule out list somewhere?

I think create a thread for them, and then make a note here so LE sees it and also in the "who's working on what" thread so I can add it to the list I give wenwe4. Yeah, it's a lot of bookkeeping, but we need to keep track of stuff.

Does anybody remember if Timothy John Barnes (http://doenetwork.org/cases/553dmca.html) is on the list of people who has been ruled out? I couldn't find him, but I'm not always the most accurate when it comes to reading lists...

I know we are supposed to be narrowing down the list of 50, but if we come across possible additions, should we have a thread for that OR do it here?

And is there handy access to the rule out list somewhere?

Wenwe is working on updating the big list, and will post it here as reference when it's ready.

All of the names which came up previously have been ruled out by the detectives with the exception of 48, plus two new names we added.

And yes, any new names can be posted here.

My eyes are crossed from trying to catch up. I'm a little confused though. In post#1879 Thomas Blake was ruled out based on DNA, yet he is on this list. I would like to work on him if he is still
on the list for some reason. Waiting for a clarification.

My eyes are crossed from trying to catch up. I'm a little confused though. In post#1879 Thomas Blake was ruled out based on DNA, yet he is on this list. I would like to work on him if he is still

Ask wenwe..... Then if you want to work on him, sign up on Carbuff's thread.

On an entirely different subject, that came to me while pondering the possibility that "our" UID might be a violent, predatory, creep, who kills for the heck of it, e.g. EDER....

There was a real estate flyer/listings in the car, right?
We've been assuming the driver/passenger of that car was looking for a place to live?

1) The flyer might correspond to someone who is recently in Isotope region I (which corresponds to Reno area), IIRC. Of course, it also corresponds to much of NV, so this may be completely irrelevant.

2) he might be looking for a new victim and not at all a place to live?

3) an un-lived in property? a site for a home invasion? random murder victims? a loving family cluster he can torture?

Looking at our UID as a potential criminal on the run has made me look at things quite differently.....

You are right - he was ruled out and still remained on this list. I have noted the rule-out and updated info to LEO.

carbuff said:
No, I didn't find anything better yet. I did find another good article though: http://www.forensicmag.com/articles/2007/01/tracing-unidentified-skeletons-using-stable-isotopes

"In general, 18O decreases from the equator to the poles, and from the west coast of a continent to the interior. Also, 18O is lower in mountains, and on the lee-side of large mountain ranges like the Rockies."

Which explains why Tahoe is a different region: it's at a lower altitude.

(I'm all ears here, just a fly on the wall, but wanted to say wow, thanks yall for posting these articles, very interesting. Good job everyone on organizing and collaborating on this project to give this person back his name. I have high hopes and faith in you guys!)

Ok everyone - I just uploaded the latest alphabetical list in "the List" thread. If you are looking to see if someone has been submitted (or even ruled out) check there first.

I am double (triple checking) on Rule-outs, as some may have not been noted and I want to make sure no names fall through the cracks. Thank you everyone if you find an error I may have done. I am glad I have multiple ways to make sure I am keeping on my toes.

(I'm all ears here, just a fly on the wall, but wanted to say wow, thanks yall for posting these articles, very interesting. Good job everyone on organizing and collaborating on this project to givensure thid person back his name. I have high hopes and faith in you guys!)

I'm right next to you as a fly on the wall. I'm reading along trying to learn a thing or two. Someday I'd like to be able to post something that makes some sort of sense on one of the unidentified missing threads.

I find all the folks who participate in these threads and the work they do amazing!

I'm right next to you as a fly on the wall. I'm reading along trying to learn a thing or two. Someday I'd like to be able to post something that makes some sort of sense on one of the unidentified missing threads.

I find all the folks who participate in these threads and the work they do amazing!

Look at the instructions in the Sticky and pitch in! Maybe look at the info LE has provided so you know something about the UID. No experience necessary. We are all making this up as we go along......

There are Missing People who have been recently uploaded into NaMus (and probably other missing persons sites) since we combed through last April. If anyone would like to look through those sites and see if they find a new submission that is not on the alphabetical list - that would be awesome too. We have discovered that some families have waited years to report a missing person - assuming they would hear from them eventually. If the Sand Canyon Red headed man is in this category - his info might be just recently be uploaded to those sites. (ie: Doe network, the Charley Project, individual State websites, etc).

Also, we could double check to see if the names who haven't been ruled out so far have updated info. For instance, DNA may have been submitted but wasn't complete in April or dentals were submitted but not complete at that time. When LEO checked those names back in April - they may not have had enough to go on yet and were waiting for more to do comparisons.

The remains were skeletonized so identifying marks (ie: mole, tattoo, fingerprints, etc) are no longer available. Our primary ways of finding relevant info is through height, Dentals, and DNA.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mamadeadhead
Back