Identified! NV - Wellington, WhtMale 574UMNV, 35-50, Off Sand Canyon Road, Mar'92 - #2 - Vincent Marion Trapp

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Does anyone recall the projected weight of our UID? I'm having trouble finding it.

Wouldn't previous broken bones be relevant also?
One of mine had a previous broken collarbone which I added to his file.

ETA - Should I report that on Marty's thread?

Question for LE. Re the abandoned car with OK plates. Were the plates valid in 1991? Or had they expired?

Wouldn't previous broken bones be relevant also?
One of mine had a previous broken collarbone which I added to his file.

ETA - Should I report that on Marty's thread?

I just put everything in the MP's file since I have no way to evaluate what's significant and what isn't from an LE detective point of view, especially since we don't have all the available evidence. I'm thinking a bone break would leave a trace.

The jeans at the scene are curious. Sort of. If they were removed after the killing, they could have just been cut off, but actually they were in relatively good condition. The remains of underpants (presumably critters liked the cotton for nests and left the waist band) were there too.

How do your pants get away from you? When you're in the backcountry? And your shirt's still on?

Was the UID caught by the perp in flagrante delicto? Without his pants on? He took his pants off to get some jollies? To commit a crime?

The blanket was more "comfy" than bare ground for whatever compromising fun was going down?

Getting sex into this adds a whole new dimension.....

The UID was forced to remove his underpants and jeans? So he could be castrated while alive?

In the last couple of days, I've been researching some very evil red heads so I have evil on the brain. Revenge killing?

Sleeping in his underwear and t-shirt, and clothes thrown out along with body?

I'm wondering about the license plates on the OK car thinking they might be related to an unsolved and heinous crime in OK...

This is an extreme shot in the dark, since the car is from OK, but that doesn't mean if it was stolen to escape from a crime that the crime occurred in OK.

I am halfway convinced that a career evil criminal is either the UID or perp and that he was involved in prior cold case violent crimes serving as the backstory for stealing an OK car.

If the plates were valid in 1991, I'll look over 1991 first. Otherwise, I'll look in 1990.

I'm wondering about the license plates on the OK car thinking they might be related to an unsolved and heinous crime in OK...

This is an extreme shot in the dark, since the car is from OK, but that doesn't mean if it was stolen to escape from a crime that the crime occurred in OK.

I am halfway convinced that a career evil criminal is either the UID or perp and that he was involved in prior cold case violent crimes serving as the backstory for stealing an OK car.

If the plates were valid in 1991, I'll look over 1991 first. Otherwise, I'll look in 1990.

I thought of that idea a while back, before the group effort, and did some initial investigation. Came up blank. I mean, there's plenty of crime in Oklahoma over the course of the year, but not really any way to tell if any of them were linked to this crime.

With the broken dog collar and the dog wandering in the vicinity, wondering if the dog may have broken loose while trying to protect his master, and whether local hospitals were checked for anyone coming in with dog bites.

Just posting a quick thank you to rickshawfan for letting me know that there was a renewed group effort going on with this case, and to everyone here who is working so hard to find this person his name. I've spent this morning reading over the past handful of pages and am just so impressed with the organization and group spirit. I look forward to continuing to catch myself up with this case and finding a way to help (I do have the new subforum open in a new tab and will now begin reading through the stickies, etc over there). Very happy to have been included. Great work so far everyone!

I'm new....I'm not sure if the T-Shirt was ever identified, but when I looked at the photo I thought of Thunderbird car T-Shirt from the 80's. When I did a google image search under 1980's Thunderbird car, the attached image was one of the images....ironically it is not related to Thunderbird cars---but I think it has significance to the partial T-Shirt found.
Bundle Addict: Pakaian Bundle Terpilih!: (BA-4703) Stussy U.S. ...bundleaddict.blogspot.com1000 × 600Search by image(BA-4703) Stussy U.S. Tour 1980 Ladies Sleeveless T-Shirt

Sorry I'm afraid to click on the link, as I have gotten the crypto-wall virus doing that.

From Wikopedia.....
Stüssy /ˈstuːsi/ is a clothing brand and private company started in the early 1980s by Shawn Stussy. The company is one of many that benefited from the surfwear trend originating in Orange County, California, but it has largely been adopted by the streetwear and hip-hop scenes.[SUP][1][/SUP]
[h=2]Contents[/h] [hide]​

[h=2]History[edit][/h]The logo which has defined the brand started in the early 1980s after Shawn Stussy and his assistant, Christian Anicete began scrawling their surnames on his handcrafted surfboards with a broad tipped marker.[SUP][2][/SUP] He began using the logo on T-shirts, shorts and caps that he sold out of his car around Laguna Beach, California.[SUP][3][/SUP][SUP][4][/SUP] The signature was derived from that of his uncle, Jan Stussy.[SUP][5][/SUP]
In 1984, Stussy and his friend, Frank Sinatra Jr. (not related to the singer),[SUP][6][/SUP] partnered to sell the apparel.[SUP][7][/SUP] The company expanded to Europe by 1988 and later opened a boutique store in SoHo, New York. The brand continued to open successful locations throughout the 1990s.[SUP][2][/SUP] It was reported that revenues reached $17 million in 1991[SUP][4][/SUP] and $20 million in 1992.[SUP][8][/SUP] By 1992, the brand was sold throughout the United States at specialty boutiques and department stores alongside other high-priced "California lifestyle" clothing. Outside of the country, the brand was found in specialty shops alongside clothing from high-end international designers.[SUP][9][/SUP]
In 1996, Stussy resigned as president of the company[SUP][10][/SUP] and Sinatra bought his share of the company holdings. The design department has since been headed up by Creative Director, Nick Bower.[SUP][2][/SUP] According to the company's website, the brand is available in company branded stores and other retailers in Europe, Asia, the United States, Canada and Australia.
[h=2]Style[edit][/h]The early success of the brand has been attributed to its popularity in the hip-hop DJ and Skater / Surfer scenes. The brand was also embraced by Punks and other street subcultures.[SUP][3][/SUP] In a 1992 interview Stussy said: "Everybody calls it surf wear, or urban street wear, or surf street... I don't name it, and I don't name it on purpose."[SUP][8][/SUP]

Welcome to the forum BigCity!!!

The great news is one of our valued posters here identified the tee shirt last spring.
Since you are fearful of clicking links here, I will direct you to the image on the tee shirt. Scroll to the top of this page click on Sand Canyon John Doe. Then in the top 4 or 5 threads (one with a "sticky) is The Hawk Tee Shirt. Click that link and you can see the original image found with the remains and the subsequent results of Equestrianista's extraordinary sleuthing. Posters were able to identify the artist, the area the shirt came from and other info. It was extremely helpful to law enforcement to finally have a full image they could see. Another poster copied the image to a tee shirt to get a real feel of what the UID was wearing at the time of his demise.

Go ahead and poke around on the threads. Glad you are here.

There are new additions to NamUs all the time, does anyone know if there a method to search NamUs for recently added profiles??

Of the items found, was there any DNA testing done? If so, what were the results? I'm assuming victims DNA would be on underpants, no? Possibly, perps too?

A makeshift campsite was located nearby, within a 105 plus feet, in which the following was found: A blanket, a black hat with the words "Heavenly Lake Tahoe", blue jeans, black men's
Haines underpants size 32 to 34. A broken dog collar was also found at the scene.

Of the items found, was there any DNA testing done? If so, what were the results? I'm assuming victims DNA would be on underpants, no? Possibly, perps too?

A makeshift campsite was located nearby, within a 105 plus feet, in which the following was found: A blanket, a black hat with the words "Heavenly Lake Tahoe", blue jeans, black men's
Haines underpants size 32 to 34. A broken dog collar was also found at the scene.

IIRC:
The detectives have DNA and dentals on this UID. They are not public information. We have been told not necessarily to think of the items as being located in an actual "campsite"; it may be just a place where people have randomly thrown stuff away. It is unclear whether any of these items are associated with the UID. We have sizing on the jeans. The underpants were waistband only. The blanket is like a moving blanket; has paint splotches on it.

Also: DNA results would be of no use to amateur researchers (i.e. us), since they are like "codes" and MP DNA codes aren't published either, nor are anyone else's. DNA is a personal medical confidential matter, not our business.

If you'd like followup on the details of the UID find site, as well as the dog, you might look upthread and in the general thread #1. They have been substantially discussed, though you might have some new thoughts?

According to the LE's post the blanket contained black men's Haines underpants size 32 or 34. I asked because I assumed it was obvious that LE would have tested those, no?

Ok, I believe this UID is Kent Ware. I believe he left the area (born and raised in Henderson) worked in LV in 1984. He went North, worked up there a while and then headed back home in 1991, when tragedy struck.

This thought came to me last night before I went to bed...The blanket with paint on it could have been someone who moved into the area in 1991. I'm guessing this UID didn't lose his life where he was found, he was dumped there. I'm also guessing the crime occurred either in the Carson City area or the Tahoe area. The perp traveled down from there to dump the victim. Has LE checked out people who moved to the area at that time?

Paint/moving blanket = someone just moving in? Perp has done this before? Painted to remove evidence from house/apt?

I'm also going out on a limb here too--Victim bought vehicle from guy who owned it. (now living in Colorado) That is all victim could afford and was intending on registering it when he got home (Henderson, NV). So, victim traveled through OK, when he bought the car. Could explain isotopes region.

Victim could not find hotel room in Carson City or Tahoe that would accept dog. Perp offered to put him up for the night.

After perp dumped body/dog/car...how did he get back? Was anyone seen hitch-hiking in the area at the time?

Is it possible the victim was staying at the Desert Creek Campground and met the perp there? Do you have to register at the campground? If so, was there anyone who registered that went missing? I found this website about the campground where the author states...We're the only ones here at this little campground, but there are other people camping in non-campground spots in the area. Is it common for this area for people to stay at "non-campground" sites in the area?

All just my opinion and speculation...

Camping in non-campground spots is very common. It is called "dispersed camping". It is permissible on much of federal forest and range land, with certain rules. Some agencies specifically designate areas for "dispersed camping."

The UID discovery site, I imagine (but am not certain), is an example of somewhere that has seen "dispersed camping".

Judging from the satellite map, it would not be a quick trip between Desert Creek Campground and the UID discovery site, because of terrain.

The Sweetwater Mountains as a hang-out are a definite thought.....I wonder what isotope zone they'd be in.

An impressionistic narrative about the Sweetwater Mountains about the same time of year as our UID was killed. http://nevadamagazine.com/home/extras/sweetwater-mountains/

There are new additions to NamUs all the time, does anyone know if there a method to search NamUs for recently added profiles??

I think you'd use advanced search, and under Case Information, there's a "date entered" option that lets you search for a date range. I think our list is effective from last April, with a couple of additions that we stumbled across recently.

:seeya: Happy New Year to all, and a huge thank you for the incredible work you're doing. THIS is what WS is all about. My hat's off to each of you.

:tyou:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli
Back