NY – Ex POTUS Donald Trump, sued by E. Jean Carroll, DT found liable re sexual assault, $5M award, countersuit dismissed, appeal rejected, 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yep, most of his followers or people on the right are not very informed on the Carroll trial or 1/6 or Dominion or any of the investigations, because their preferred media like Fox News hardly ever cover those stories, or when they do it's very shoddy coverage. jmo
I just don't get it. I'm old, I thought I had seen it all before the Donald started his anti-foreigner, anti-Hispanic, hellhole descriptors, anti-women, anti-education spiels. I thought he would elicit the same horror from the masses as he did in middle class me. Boy was I wrong. I think it will remain the surprise of my life how many people jump on that bandwagon of hate.

"I love the poorly educated," he said during his victory speech.

Knowing how he (T) treats women, I was very suprised when I heard Kaitlin Collins was moderating. I think it should have been a veteran journalist, male or female, who could push back a bit more. But really, even as I type this, I'm wondering if it really would have made much difference. He never should have been given that platform. I'm tired of hearing him. I thought we were done with him, I really did. Honestly, it is an act of self preservation to avoid him at all costs. He is not worth a square centimeter inside my head.

Hopefully this is the beginning of people in his party actually saying the truth about him and what he’s done to this country and their party.

Unfortunately, like with Comstock, it's only ever Republicans who are out of office or have very safe seats who will criticize Trump, except for the rare cases of Liz Cheney or the few other Republicans who voted to impeach him. And you can see why not when they have been punished for it at the ballot box. Even when they are otherwise very conservative politicians like Cheney. Most politicians aren't brave enough to do the right thing if it will cost them their seat. Though I think if more of them would speak up against Trump, it could sway their voters. You often hear about comments behind closed doors where they are criticizing Trump but then say the opposite in public. jmo

I just don't get it. I'm old, I thought I had seen it all before the Donald started his anti-foreigner, anti-Hispanic, hellhole descriptors, anti-women, anti-education spiels. I thought he would elicit the same horror from the masses as he did in middle class me. Boy was I wrong. I think it will remain the surprise of my life how many people jump on that bandwagon of hate.

"I love the poorly educated," he said during his victory speech.

RBBM - I'm sure he does

E. Jean Carroll is weighing whether to file a new defamation lawsuit against former President Donald J. Trump in the wake of his diatribe against her during a CNN town hall Wednesday night, when he said her claim of a decades-old sexual assault was “fake” and a “made-up story,” her lawyer said on Thursday.

“It’s just stupid, it’s just disgusting, vile, foul, it wounds people,” Ms. Carroll said in an interview with The New York Times, adding that she had been “insulted by better people.”

Ms. Carroll said she had been infuriated when her longtime stylist told her that her 15-year-old son was talking about what Mr. Trump had said.

“I am upset on the behalf of young men in America,” Ms. Carroll said. “They cannot listen to this balderdash and this old-timey view of women, which is a cave-man view.”

On Thursday, Ms. Kaplan said no decision had been made on whether a new defamation suit would be filed in light of Mr. Trump’s latest comments.

“Everything’s on the table, obviously, and we have to give serious consideration to it,” Ms. Kaplan said. “We have to weigh the various pros and cons and we’ll come to a decision in the next day or so, probably.”

Money is irrelevant to Trump. This was like brushing a mosquito off his hand. I don't think his base will even believe it anyway.

I know his base won't believe it. I don't think they've ever believed anything he's been accused of and only swallow the propaganda he spoon feeds them. JMO.

or the barf emoji. That was more than an hour of free rally time for the Donald. Remember before when CNN would televise all of his rallies, complete with loooong waits for the plane to arrive...it's coming, we're told in 15 minutes....there he is.....goosing the fans into ecstatic cheering...

At my job we use Skype messenger to ping/instant message people and they have these emojis on there that are great. There's a vomit one, and then there's one where the smiley just keeps banging his head into a wall. That wall banging one is the one I wish I had in this thread.

Trump is notoriously cheap and doesn't like to spend his own money. Does anybody know whether he can use his supporters' donations to pay for this judgment?

Even if he can't, I'm sure he still will. He uses his supporters' donations for everything (except making Trump University even 1/4 of a decent school instead of a means to rip people off -- I'd honestly rather spend money on Scientology courses)

Imo, DT is an unwell oiled manic. You push his buttons and he says the same things over and over and over again. Different day, different story, same old ss. It's exhausting. So glad to see Elizabeth Vargas back!

Trump saying “I never met this woman. I never saw this woman”. There is a photo of him with E Jean Carroll. #TownHall

People clap when Trump says the US should default on our debt obligations. A default would be catastrophic to the economy and could lead to the loss of 8 million jobs, according to estimates #CNNTownhall

Kaitlan Collins is doing a valiant effort trying to correct or interject when Trump lies or misconstrues at this CNN Town Hall, but Trump just talks over her and she gets rolled as the audience roars with laughter and claps

Trump refuses to say if he would sign a federal ban on abortion or how far along in pregnancy he thinks it should be banned. #CNNTownhall

Trump just repeated his incendiary old lie that the former Dem governor of Virginia pushed for infanticide, for killing babies after they're born. Which CNN itself has debunked in the past: https://cnn.com/2019/04/28/politics/trump-rally-wisconsin-abortion/index.html Tonight, though, Kaitlan Collins said nothing.

“You’re a nasty person” - Trump just now to Kaitlin Collins…to laughter and applause from the audience #CNNTownhall

Irresponsibly unclear why Trump is being questioned about the Presidential Records Act at CNN Town Hall when he’s actually under criminal investigation for retaining national security materials and obstruction of justice.

Hopefully this is the beginning of people in his party actually saying the truth about him and what he’s done to this country and their party.
It would be nice to no longer have "parties" in my honest opinion. I'd like to have a "we the people" party! I know I'm dreaming. Carry on. ;)

My favorite thing from this trial (besides that elderly women held DT accountable for something finally) is when the trial was over & DT’s lawyer went to tell EJC good luck and she just said, “He did it. And you know it.” Epic.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back