NY – Ex POTUS Donald Trump, sued by E. Jean Carroll, DT found liable re sexual assault, $5M award, countersuit dismissed, appeal rejected, 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
As I understand a civil case, the defendant not showing up and/or not testifying can be considered by the jury in their deliberations. So it would behoove Trump to realize that his credibility is at stake, even if the burden of proof is on Carroll. I believe he waited until the last minute to say he was willing to provide DNA. The judge rightly viewed this as a delaying tactic. “It’s too late baby, now it’s too late…”

Last edited:

In an email to journalists, ex-President Donald Trump posted an attack on E. Jean Carroll that questioned the rape allegations he’s now on trial for.

On Friday, Trump’s campaign sent an email to the media with the subject line “ICYMI: ‘Trump Rape Accuser Admitted to Sexually Harassing Roger Ailes—Told Him He Was Her ‘Future Husband” and said simply “Read the full article by Jim Hoft with the Gateway Pundit here.”

The site is a well-known promoter of far-right conspiracy theories, one of which has resulted in a blockbuster lawsuit by Georgia election workers Wandrea Moss and her mother Ruby Freeman.

Hoft’s article contains a kitchen sink full of oppo and attacks against Carroll. “She sounds like a complete nut,” Hoft wrote.

According to a report in rawstory.com, an article by far-right blogger Jim Hoft, which claims to provide evidence that Carroll was never raped and instead accuses her of being a sexual harasser, was linked on Trump’s presidential campaign website.

The post and the article it was linked to are now missing from the Donald J Trump website. It could have been removed owing to a warning Trump’s lawyer received from a judge for the ex-president’s sensational posts on his social media website, Truth Social.

Judge Lewis Kaplan of the US District Court had cautioned Trump’s legal team over the former president’s social media remarks regarding the case. He warned them that additional statements could create “a new source of potential liability” for the businessman.

Bbm

Agreed. the evidence just isn’t there.
If he gets found guilty it’s because it’s down to bias, not because one is objectively looking at the evidence / facts.
We'll have to see what the fact-finders deliberate, at the end. They are after all, instructed to leave their bias at the door and go by facts only, to be just.

He doesn't have to offer a defense, the burden of proof is hers.
I agree that the evidence she offers must convince the jury that it's more likely than not that the defendant raped her. We haven't heard all of it yet, but I see no reason so far to doubt what she said. I understand how all the usual old defense strategies are supposed to work to undermine her credibility, but we may be in a new day, when they don't anymore. I don't buy them, they just make defense counsel look like an abusive man. We'll see.

In a criminal case, the jury is instructed that they are not permitted to draw any adverse inferences from the fact that the defendant did not testify or offer a defense. This jury will be free to infer from the defendant's unwillingness to deny the allegation that he cannot deny them under oath without committing perjury.

But if the defendant testifies all his past transgressions will be fair game for cross examination. So, he has Hobson's choice, which is no choice at all.

All MOO.

Agreed. the evidence just isn’t there.
If he gets found guilty it’s because it’s down to bias, not because one is objectively looking at the evidence / facts.
He is not presently being tried for rape or even sexual assault.

He is being tried for defamation.

Even if she was falsely accusing him of rape (which she is not, IMO), he could have responded and proclaimed his innocence in a non-defamatory manner.

But he didn't.

Even if she was falsely accusing him of rape (which she is not, IMO), he could have responded and proclaimed his innocence in a non-defamatory manner.

But he didn't.
He's also being sued for Battery in this lawsuit. Battery and defamation. Edited to add link

E. Jean Carroll sues Trump for battery and defamation as lookback window for adult sex abuse survivors' suits opens in New York

I am convinced that Trump raped E. Jean Carroll—and probably many other women, including many young women who were part of Epstein's entourage

RSBM

I was reading a Vanity Fair article yesterday about Jill Harth trying to protect 6 young girls who were participating in the American Dream Festival, in 1993.

They were all invited to Mar A Lago for a tour, DT and Epstein were both there. Jill was able to convince two of the girls to come back to her place. Four stayed at Mar A Lago. Two were already drunk when Jill left.

Jill said she was trying to protect them from DT - she didn't know about Epstein's proclivity at that time, just knew that he touted himself as a scout for Victoria's Secret and the girls all clamoured - but Jill had experienced DT's sexual advances herself.

DT apparently hit on one of the young girls that night (she told Jill the next day). She said she "didn't fool around with people on the first night". DT then slipped into that girl's bed at 5am (through a secret passage at Mar A Lago) and said "It’s the next day. How about it, can we do it now?"

“After Me, Baby, You’re Gonna Be Ruined for Anyone Else”

I was reading a Vanity Fair article yesterday about Jill Harth trying to protect 6 young girls who were participating in the American Dream Festival, in 1993.

They were all invited to Mar A Lago for a tour, DT and Epstein were both there. Jill was able to convince two of the girls to come back to her place. Four stayed at Mar A Lago. Two were already drunk when Jill left.

Jill said she was trying to protect them from DT - she didn't know about Epstein's proclivity at that time, just knew that he touted himself as a scout for Victoria's Secret and the girls all clamoured - but Jill had experienced DT's sexual advances herself.

DT apparently hit on one of the young girls that night (she told Jill the next day). She said she "didn't fool around with people on the first night". DT then slipped into that girl's bed at 5am (through a secret passage at Mar A Lago) and said "It’s the next day. How about it, can we do it now?"

“After Me, Baby, You’re Gonna Be Ruined for Anyone Else”

I love the fact that E. Jean Carroll wrote that article!! :D

But he didn't.
It is "civil battery" and defamation. I know that she has said it is about getting her credibility back, but what did she ask for? Some amount of restitution? I do not understand what the possible result is.

Oops! You are correct! I forgot that the first trial (the suit she filed in 2019 for defamation only) was postponed until after the current trial, with the judge saying that first case "might not be necessary" depending on how this one plays out.

So this IS the case that includes battery as well as defamation, as you said. Apologies.

How does ANYONE even ask a woman that? How does he even find these lawyers? At his club? They appall me! IMO
Mr. Tacopina has been a defense lawyer for a slew of famous and infamous people; he has been on TV a lot:

Trump's team slams his 'loudmouth' lawyer Joe Tacopina

1682823736993.png
New York Post
https://nypost.com › 2023/04/04 › trumps-team-slams-...

Apr 4, 2023 — Tacopina, a high-powered, Brooklyn-born attorney, has made a name for himself representing celebrity clients, including rapper Meek Mill, ...

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298
Back