NY - $250m fraud against Former President Donald Trump, Trump Org., Eric, Donald Jr., Sept 2022, Trial 2 Oct 2023, #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The due diligence conducted by the Trump Organization's insurance company amounted to nothing more than "airballs and witchcraft," according to the defense's underwriting expert Gary Giulietti.

Giulietti's testimony appeared to cast doubt on the extent to which the Zurich Insurance Group scrutinized Trump's financial documents that are at the center of the case.
[SNIP]

"They should have asked if they wanted it," Giulietti testified, adding that Zurich's approach of relying on media reports about Trump's net worth was "inconsistent" with industry standards.

Giulietti acknowledged that he had an ongoing business relationship with Trump, including making $1.2 million in commissions from the company in 2022. A personal friend of Trump, Giulietti confidently defended his business record on the stand.

"You're sort of insulting me aren't you?" he said after state attorney Andrew Amer, on cross-examination, questioned his qualifications as an expert witness. "There's no one like me in the industry."
[SNIP]
Defense expert questions insurance company's due diligence

Today: Donald Trump says Justice Engoron, his law clerk & AG James “should be sanctioned and prosecuted.”Trump later says “2024 is our final battle” that will demolish, expel, drive out, cast out, throw off, rout, evict his opponents and “finish the job once and for all”

I hope 2024 is the last of him! IMO

Today: Donald Trump says Justice Engoron, his law clerk & AG James “should be sanctioned and prosecuted.”Trump later says “2024 is our final battle” that will demolish, expel, drive out, cast out, throw off, rout, evict his opponents and “finish the job once and for all”

Well, that’s absolutely terrifying.

He's a vindictive, power-hungry sniveler. And unfortunately that seems to be what his followers admire. Imo.

I read this through several times to make sure I was actually reading it correctly. I guess I'm still struggling to wrap my mind around how he's just saying it right out in the open now, IMO. MOO

Well, that’s absolutely terrifying.

I completely agree with you.
Truly terrifying IMO. I hope for truth and justice to prevail before more damage can be done JMO

I read this through several times to make sure I was actually reading it correctly. I guess I'm still struggling to wrap my mind around how he's just saying it right out in the open now, IMO. MOO

Truly terrifying IMO. I hope for truth and justice to prevail before more damage can be done JMO
It wasn’t the weirdest thing he said last night

He's a vindictive, power-hungry sniveler. And unfortunately that seems to be what his followers admire. Imo.
<modsnip - off topic> I ask myself how did we get to a point where 70 million people actually admire a person so corrupt, so vindictive--- so authoritarian, a president that attempted to overthrow an election, and a potential president who vows vengeance against perceived enemies if he is elected president---

Last edited by a moderator:
Monday, November 20th:
*Bench Trial continues (Day 32) (@ 10am ET) – NY - New York vs. Donald J. Trump (76/now 77), Donald Trump, Jr. (45) & Eric Trump (38/now 39) & the Trump Organization, Inc. (Allen Weisselberg (75/now 76) & Jeffrey McConney) are being sued by Letitia James, the New York Attorney General, who is leading a civil investigation (which cannot result in criminal charges filed on 9/21/22) & has spent years looking at whether the company committed various acts of fraud over several decades. In the civil case, Ms. James has filed a lawsuit against Trump & two of his children accusing them of "astounding" fraud & deception.
New York is seeking $250 million in financial penalties & asked the court to ban Trump, Donald Trump Jr. & Eric Trump from serving as an officer or director in any corporation registered or licensed in New York. James also requested the court ban the former president & his business from acquiring real estate in New York or from applying for loans from any New York financial institution for five years. James's civil case accuses Trump of lying from 2011 to 2021 about asset values at the Trump Organization, as well as his own net worth, in order to obtain better terms from lenders & insurers.
Lawsuit against: Donald John Trump, Donald Trump, Jr, Eric Trump, Allen Weisselberg, Jeffrey McConney, The Donald J. Trump Revocable Trust, The Trump Organization, Inc., Trump Organization LLC, DJT Holdings LLC, DJT Holinds Managing Memer, Trump Endeavor 12 LLC, 401 North Wabash Venture LLC, Trump Old Post of Fice LLC, 40 Wall Street LLC & Seven Springs LLC.
All charges against Ivanka Trump were dismissed in June, 2023.
Bench Trial began on 10/2/23. Prosecutors rested their case on 11/8/23. Defense began their case on 11/13/23. (could last until 12/22/23 per Judge).
The lawsuit’s remaining 6 counts allege similar acts of fraud (that Trump inflated his assets on statements of financial condition that he submitted to banks & insurers for personal gain).
Judge Arthur F. Engoron presiding / NY State Attorney General Leticia James & senior enforcement counsel Kevin Wallace, Defense attorney Christopher Kise & Jesus Suarez & Alina Habba for Trump, Weisselberg & the rest of the defendants for Trump Org. / Clifford Robert of Robert & Robert PLLC for Donald, Jr. & Eric.
New York appellate court temporarily paused gag orders on Thursday, 11/16/23 & NY AG Letitia James & representatives for Judge Arthur Engoron have until Wednesday, 11/22/23 to file a response to the appellate judge's stay of the limited gag order imposed last month on Trump by Engoron, according to the appellate judge's order. Trump's reply is then due on 11/27/23 before the appellate court decides whether to fully lift the gag order. The civil fraud trial is expected to wrap up in mid-December.

Case & court info & Summary Judgement from 9/21/22 thru 9/28/23 & Bench Trial Day 1-30 (10/2-11/16/23) reference post #218 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...r-sept-2022-trial-2-oct-2023-2.695170/page-11

11/17/23 Friday, Bench Trial Day 31: Defense witnesses: Real estate expert Steven Laposa back on stand. Underwriting expert Gary Giulietti.
Judge Arthur Engoron denied Trump's request for a mistrial, describing the defendants' arguments as "nonsensical," "disingenuous," & "utterly without merit." Engoron rejected the motion without hearing any arguments from the NY AG, who earlier this week requested that an extended briefing be scheduled.
For more info see post #221 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...r-sept-2022-trial-2-oct-2023-2.695170/page-12
Bench Trial continues on Monday, 11/20/23.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cold case momma
Back