GUILTY NY - 30 injured in Manhattan bombing, 17 Sept 2016 *Ahmad Khan Rahimi arrested*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I always have tons of windows open- and i dont like remeber where I am so no link but compelling information

Officials familiar with the investigation tell NBC News that all devices had old, flip-style cell phone as possible detonators, raising concerns that the New Jersey and Manhattan events could be linked. Those officials also say that at least one surveillance video from 27th Street in Manhattan shows a man leaving a piece of luggage on the sidewalk, and then two other men come and dump the contents of the suitcase and take the empty suitcase. The officials say police are seeking the men, who likely did not know the bag might contain a device, to confirm what they found. -

http://www.breakingnews.com/topic/explosion-in-seaside-park-nj-sept-17-2016/

Both NYC "bomb" and explosive device in New Jersey used flip-phones.

Police had said the blast in the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan appeared to come from inside a large trash bin, and law enforcement sources said they have video of a man dropping something into or next to a dumpster on 23rd Street.

Another video from 27th Street shows a man leaving behind a piece of luggage before two other people come along, take a device out of the bag and walk away with just the suitcase.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/29-hurt-manhattan-explosion-called-intentional-act-n650041

Just catching up. Could that blog be a way to shame the real bomber? I mean, if the actual bomber targeted Chelsea, which has a high population of LGBT residents, it seems likely that he is not an advocate for LGBT rights. So, by putting it out there that he/she is an advocate, they are shaming the actual bomber...any more attempts to blow things up will be said to have been done for the purpose of promoting LGBT rights. The actual bomber, if this is a fundamentalist behind it (domestic or ISIL related), is probably not supportive of LGBT rights. Just a thought. It could also be a valid blog, of course. Sorry if this has already been posted, will go back and attempt to see what has been going on since last night.

Snip

Police sources described the secondary device as a cooker with wiring and a cell phone attached inside a plastic grocery bag, which had been placed inside a garbage can.

“The bomb squad believes it’s real,” a police source with knowledge of the investigation told The Post of that second device, found at 27th Street between Sixth and Seventh avenues. The cooker was safely removed from the scene by NYPD.

The Bomb Squad took the suspicious device to the NYPD gun range in The Bronx to be safely tested.

Pressure cookers were used by the Boston Marathon bombers, killing three people and injuring at least 264 others on April 15, 2013.

A pressure cooker device was also featured in a failed jihadist plot to attack New York’s Times Square in 2010.

http://nypost.com/2016/09/18/authorities-investigate-chelsea-explosion-as-an-intentional-act/

A bunch of lies, can any of us really beleive at this point they dont know it was real or a barbie doll - that is insulting

cant release - compromise the person that did it knows if he put bomb orr rice in it

They are trying NOT to explode it so that all evidence remains. That is what was said....using a robot to make it safe to open.....JMO Sure have had it a long time, though.....

ISIS will probably want credit or will praise the act, but I think you're right.

I do want to know who, and why? The motivation? Why there?

Just feel it is a disgruntled military person who did not get treatment , lost his wife and kids and IS pissed

I am part of the LGTB community. This is horrible if true. Sigh.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Stay safe Lauranyc83! I'm having trouble with someone from the LGBTQ community doing this. I don't think an explosive would have been left in the LGBTQ community where someone who's already oppressed could be targeted. JMO.

..."so far" no ties to terrorist group. Does this mean no group has yet taken credit for this?

IMO we have to remeber this is not a sophisticated anything - they killed noone in NJ , the bomb there melted a garbage can , 2/3 of it did not go off.

Fast foward, their next attempt did not kill anyone.

Fast forward device did not go off - this is not IMO some terrorist anything, this is a bunch of young disenfranchised, thankfully , kids , who have a grudge with the American military ( mom dad brother died , came back and was not treated and killed himself, something like that)

Sadly at this point in the mess, ISIS can make bombs that explode and kill moo

just

Watching everyone run on the video and knowing that exact reaction was someone's INTENT, well it's clearly terrorism. And a crime! We deserve to know and we can deal with the truth so be honest already.

But they don't want people to panic, I guess? Or start setting Mosques on fire? If only they had that kind of control.

And hey - there could be panic, 4.6 million people are not leaving where they are etc etc , so telling the truth ie fine -- when is the last time a politican told the truth -- its alian to them

aint gonna happen -- any of us truly beleive they dont know if it was a real bomb by now ..................anyone heard them "clear" that up?

Dont give us this dont want to threaten the ivestigation -- whover did it , know weather they made a bomb, of a hoax - the "case" is not compromised by releasing if it was a bomb or not

please moo.............

The locations don't seem significant, either. Wonder if they were just convenient.....like perp or perps live nearby and wanted to watch the fear and chaos. JMO

hummmmmmmmmmmmmmm interesting ---- like a firefighter arsonist????

Stay safe Lauranyc83! I'm having trouble with someone from the LGBTQ community doing this. I don't think an explosive would have been left in the LGBTQ community where someone who's already oppressed could be targeted. JMO.

I also have trouble thinking someone from the LGBTQ (or any ally in the straight community) would do this. It just is not ringing true to me at this point (though we don't know much yet).

At this point, I'm not getting any particular vibe from the case except my first thoughts were of the Boston bombers.

I will be following this case closely.

Has there been info about where the trashcan was located? Was it on the sidewalk - near the street or near the building?

#BREAKING @FBI/NYPD probing suspicious Uber passenger last night in #Chelsea. Driver reported incident today. Via @ADiLorenzoTV

[video=twitter;777612605867327489]https://twitter.com/NYCityAlerts/status/777612605867327489[/video]

http://via.pix11.com/WkPmQ

Just received this from Notify NYC Alerts:

Brooklyn: 54th St & New Utrecht Ave. Suspicious package in @NYPD66Pct. Requesting @NYPDSpecialops to the scene.

From twitter now:
[video=twitter;777621729141256194]https://twitter.com/NYScanner/status/777621729141256194[/video]

This is from the twitter feed of a NY1 reporter:

Dean Meminger ‏@DeanMeminger
Appears #NYPD is about to blow up that pressure cooker. Controlled Detonation activity is to occur from 4:30-6:30PM, Rodman's Neck, #Bronx.

https://twitter.com/DeanMeminger

Snip

unnamed law enforcement official told Fox News on Sunday that the bombs in New Jersey and New York were "from the same person". But the claim could not be independently confirmed.

The devices in both explosions included mobile phones. The New Jersey device contained evidence of a black powder explosive. Whilst a source told the Associated Press that the New York device had used Tannerite, an explosive which is often used in target shooting to mark a shot with a cloud of smoke and small explosion.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ty-25-reported-injuries/#update-20160918-2227

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
N2URIQ
Back