NY - 5 people, 3 of them infants, stabbed at daycare centre, Queens, 21 Sept 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've heard of these Chinese schemes before, but I didn't think the mums get citizenship? You don't get American citizenship because your baby is born in the US, right? There are a lot of Americans born to Mexican parents and their parents have been deported. I've heard that this sort of scheme is so the baby gets citizenship. And it's a very expensive thing to do. The parents have to pay for travel, medical expenses, living expenses whilst in the US... if this place was a place that catered to parents doing this, most of the parents were probably reasonably well-off.

State-regulated child care programs are prohibited from caring for infants younger than than 6 weeks old unless they receive prior approval from OCFS, the statement said.
"Any request must include physician medical approval and detail the extenuating circumstances necessitating such a request," the statement said.
The city's Buildings Department had received several complaints against the property, including the possibility that it was being illegally used as a hotel, records show. Department inspectors were unable to gain access to the home on several occasions.
Day care stabbings: 3-day-old, 2 other infants, 2 adults attacked in New York - CNN

"We pray that all of the victims will be fine and will survive these injuries. We are hoping these young babies - small and so very fragile – are also strong enough to overcome this horrible act of senseless violence," Queens District Attorney Richard Brown said in a statement.

Police said nine children and several parents were at the private home when the attack occurred.

Both of the adults who were stabbed live at the home, a police spokesman said, adding that the assailant worked at the nursery but did not live there.

Brown said the alleged attacker was in custody at a nearby hospital undergoing a psychiatric evaluation as well as treatment for what appeared to be self-inflicted wounds.
Three infants, two adults stabbed at NYC daycare center

I've heard of these Chinese schemes before, but I didn't think the mums get citizenship? You don't get American citizenship because your baby is born in the US, right? There are a lot of Americans born to Mexican parents and their parents have been deported. I've heard that this sort of scheme is so the baby gets citizenship. And it's a very expensive thing to do. The parents have to pay for travel, medical expenses, living expenses whilst in the US... if this place was a place that catered to parents doing this, most of the parents were probably reasonably well-off.

$5,000 for a month's stay...

Disgusting IMO

Yu Fen Wang, 52, of Flushing, has been charged with five counts of attempted murder for the stabbing spree, police said.

Wang allegedly stabbed a 13-day-old girl and a 1-month-old girl in the stomach inside the center on 161st Street shortly before 4 a.m. on Friday.

She also allegedly stabbed a 22-day-old girl, lacerating her ear, chin and lip. All three babies were in critical but stable condition Friday, authorities said.

Authorities said Wang may have attacked the worker before turning on the father after he tried to intervene.

She then allegedly started stabbing the children before two people called 911.

Police said both a butcher knife and a meat cleaver were found at the scene of the stabbings.

Elected officials in the area said the apparently unlicensed facility provided a place for mothers and theri babies to convalesce for a month after birth — a Chinese tradition. Authorities originally described the maternity center as an overnight daycare.
Queens Woman Charged in NYC Maternity Center Stabbing Spree

“Help, help, help,” one caller begged the dispatcher, according to NBC New York. “Hurry up, because my baby’s already been stabbed twice. Someone came in and stabbed my baby twice.”

A next-door neighbor also heard the mayhem erupt at around 3:30 a.m.

“I just heard the screaming,” the woman said. “She was screaming, ‘Somebody help me, please!’”

The dispatcher responded, “Someone stabbed her baby, she said?”

As crying is heard, the caller replied, “Yes. I don’t know this person … I don’t know where this person came from.”

A second person dialed 911 shortly thereafter.

“I’m sleeping … and then I heard somebody yelling … and then they are killing people,” the person said. “I just saw the blood on the floor … and that somebody got hurt.”

The dispatcher asked if the assailant was still in the house.

“I don’t know. I don’t know. I cannot go out to check,” the caller replied. “I’m afraid.”
https://nypost.com/2018/09/21/911-callers-describe-bloodshed-during-nyc-day-care-stabbing-spree/

It may be relevant or not but it's customary in China for women to have a post partum confinement of around a month. Mama pretty much stays in bed recovering. Those who can afford it go to places that are like posh hotels. There, they are fed healthy traditional food and given practical support while Dad goes back to work.

A Tradition for New Mothers in China, Now $27,000 a Month

The madwoman’s butcher knife went clear through Atiana’s 13-day-old body, piercing the newborn’s torso to the right of her navel.

“From the front to the back,” her dad told The Post Saturday — as he clutched his own side in agony.

“I was like, ‘I’m dreaming or something,” Chen Wang, 30, said of learning that his precious girl — his and wife Jin Yu’s first child— was among the four babies attacked in an iillegal Queens baby-care center and was being rushed into surgery.

The center, in a three-story brick rowhouse, offered Chinese clientele the month-long, intensive mother-baby care, called “zuo yue zi” — a centuries-old practice that translates to “sitting the month.”

Up until two years ago, they were all going to LA,” he said of Chinese “tourist babies.”

“Then LA did a big crackdown.”

Atiana’s father said he is a US citizen who lives in Brooklyn — but with little family help available, he still wanted to provide his wife with “zuo yue zi.”

Now, “Mommy is in the hospital,” he said of Jin Yu, who is with the child at Cohen’s Children Medical Center in New Hyde Park.

She can’t even sleep because when she closes her eyes she saw the blood on the baby and on the floor.”
https://nypost.com/2018/09/22/stabbed-babys-father-recounts-terrifying-ordeal-at-day-care/
upload_2018-9-23_7-13-17.jpeg
upload_2018-9-23_7-13-38.jpeg

It may be relevant or not but it's customary in China for women to have a post partum confinement of around a month. Mama pretty much stays in bed recovering. Those who can afford it go to places that are like posh hotels. There, they are fed healthy traditional food and given practical support while Dad goes back to work.

A Tradition for New Mothers in China, Now $27,000 a Month

In which case it's possible that this isn't one of those baby citizenship schemes and instead it's a place for Chinese parents living and working in the US, or Americans of Chinese heritage, to follow such traditions. That does mean the mothers of the babies were probably in the house too, though.

How awful must it be to be woken up by someone saying your newborn has been stabbed, either way. Even if one doesn't agree with the schemes (which this might not be) the victims deserve our sympathy and support.

Chinese day care worker who slashed three babies in nursery claims she confused them with 'wolves' | Daily Mail Online
"Chinese day care worker who slashed three babies in illegal 'birth tourism' nursery in New York claims she thought the newborns were WOLVES
  • Yu Fen Wang, 52, apologized for slashing three newborn infant girls and two adults during a September 20 incident at the illegal Queens business
  • 'At the moment, I thought they were not babies, but wolves. So I slashed,' she said about the 3.45am attack
  • The infants - a 12-day-old, 32-day-old and 33-day-old - were all rushed to the hospital and are listed in critical injuries
  • A fourth infant suffered a skull fracture
  • Wang was charged with five counts of attempted murder
  • She tried to commit suicide and was found bleeding"
"Wang arrived in Queens eight years ago from the Fujian province in China. She and her husband have two sons and three granddaughters.

The grandchildren are ages two, three months and one month.

'I hope to go home and take care of my granddaughters, so that my sons and daughters-in-law can work,' she added. "

Chinese day care worker who slashed three babies in nursery claims she confused them with 'wolves' | Daily Mail Online
"Chinese day care worker who slashed three babies in illegal 'birth tourism' nursery in New York claims she thought the newborns were WOLVES
  • Yu Fen Wang, 52, apologized for slashing three newborn infant girls and two adults during a September 20 incident at the illegal Queens business
  • 'At the moment, I thought they were not babies, but wolves. So I slashed,' she said about the 3.45am attack
  • The infants - a 12-day-old, 32-day-old and 33-day-old - were all rushed to the hospital and are listed in critical injuries
  • A fourth infant suffered a skull fracture
  • Wang was charged with five counts of attempted murder
  • She tried to commit suicide and was found bleeding"
"Wang arrived in Queens eight years ago from the Fujian province in China. She and her husband have two sons and three granddaughters.

The grandchildren are ages two, three months and one month.

'I hope to go home and take care of my granddaughters, so that my sons and daughters-in-law can work,' she added. "
She wants to go home to care for her granddaughters. Who would let this woman care for their children?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand
Back