NY NY - Audrey Herron, 32, Catskill, 29 Aug 2002

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was just looking if Audrey's page was back up and came across a new one -

http://riding4audrey.com/

I thought this was an interesting comment on the page.

[SIZE=+1]REMARKS[/SIZE]
Audrey May Herron was last seen wearing dark green medical scrubs and a blue turtleneck. She had on a yellow gold necklace with a pendant reading "#1 Mom", and a watch with a white leather band and a white metal face. Herron may wear eyeglasses. She has a mole on her right knee and a scar on the thumb portion of her hand.

There is some controversy regarding the remarks above, according to some reports she was wearing the necklace described above. Friends and family members are not quite certain of this and have some uncertainty as to whether this was indeed the case. No one is certain at this point as to who gave the information about the necklace to the police or the FBI.

Thanks for bumping.

Whenever I think of Audrey I think about Danielle Imbo and Richard Petrone. I don't think the cases are connected but they are similar. Imbo and Petrone were driving home from dinner w/ friends in New Jersey when they and the SUV they were driving vanished. No trace of them has ever been found.

The biggest thing that bothers me about Aubrey disappearence is the discovery that her purse, cigarettes and credit cards were at her home. Did she really go to work without her ciggies and wallet? It almost looks like Audrey made it home at some point. Were the children usually in bed by the time she arrived home? It also bothers me that it wasn't reported until the day after. I know that if I did not make it home withint 2-3 hours of when I said I was coming my fiance would be freaking out calling the police - he has before and as a result I always call and let him know if I am stopping off. I tend to think that it was not normal for Audrey to go out after work so the hubby didn't think it was worrisome when she wasn't home by oh, 2:00am?

http://www.dailyfreeman.com/site/news.cfm?..._id=74969&rfi=6

Greene County woman missing for six years
By Ariel Zangla, Freeman staff
08/29/2008
Email to a friendPost a CommentPrinter-friendly

Audrey May Herron
CATSKILL - It's been six years since Freehold resident Audrey May Herron last was seen by family, friends and co-workers.
Herron, 31 at the time, left work at the Greene County Long Term Health Care Center in the Jefferson Heights section of Catskill the evening of Aug. 29, 2002, and vanished without a trace.

Herron, a licensed practical nurse, left the health facility driving a black 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee with New York license plates X23-3UV but never came home to her husband and three children.

The vehicle also remains unaccounted for.

Scott Youngblood, a senior investigator at the state police barracks in Catskill, said Herron's case remains open and that local investigators constantly are being contacted by law-enforcement agencies from around the country and the world regarding similar cases and the discoveries of any unidentified human remains.

Advertisement

"We know that there's someone out there that has information on what happened to Audrey May Herron," Youngblood said, adding that anyone with information about the case, no matter how insignificant it may seem, should call the Catskill barracks at (518) 622-8600.

Immediately after Herron's disappearance, police and volunteers conducted ground searches by retracing her possible routes home, covering about 120 miles of roads and trails. Police also used helicopters to trace the routes Herron might have taken.

Youngblood said police have rechecked those possible routes two or three times over the past six years. He also said police have received no tips about the case since a deck of New York "cold case" playing cards was released in May by state authorities.

The cards, relating to both homicide and missing-person cases, were given to jail and prison inmates in hopes they might recognize someone and be able to provide authorities with information. Herron's card is the jack of diamonds.

At the time of her disappearance, Herron was described by police as white, 5 feet tall and 105 pounds, with hazel eyes and light brown hair. She last was seen wearing green medical scrubs and a blue turtleneck top.

Last year, I got very interested in the Audrey Herron case and looked up everything possible on it.
I do not recall reading that her cigarettes and purse were at her house.
But I do not doubt that.
What I found interesting, is that her husband took one lie detector test and refused a second one.
He did allow 3 searches of their property. But, were the house and garage searched?

Audrey H left work around 11:00pm that night. It was summer, foggy and rainy.
It was 12 miles to home. She would have been home by 11:30pm or 12am,
if she did make it home.

Kids turn out to support missing kids

By the whooping of the hundreds of A.W. Becker kids lined up outside the school’s entrance Friday you would have thought Miley Cyrus was on the way.

But what had the kids cheering was the third annual Greater Capital District Ride for Missing Children bike caravan snaking southward down Rte. 9W and onto the school grounds.

[snip]

Shirley Olmsted, mother of Audrey May Herron, a Greene County nurse who has been missing since August 29, 2002, said events like the Ride for Missing Children are indescribable. “They provide so much hope for the families,” she said.

Herron’s oldest daughter, Sonsia Court, graduated from RCS High School in June, 2010.

Ironically, Sonsia is now studying nursing at Columbia-Greene Community College and working in the same place, the Greene County Long-Term Health Care Center in Jefferson Heights, where her mother was employed and where she was last seen.

Olmsted said she wanted to thank the riders for their continued support.

http://www.thedailymail.net/articles/2010/09/30/ravena_news/news/doc4ca0a63fb33db934778490.txt

just got this poster in my email

AUDREY-MAY-TURK-HERRON-23-CATSKILL-NEWYORK-AUG2002.jpg

Missing, never forgotten

The 10th annual New York State Missing Persons Day was an opportunity to remember those who are missing and to find new strength to push ahead.

[snip]

Hamilton came to the event after volunteering with her husband, Tom Hamilton, in the efforts to raise awareness and find Audrey May Herron, who disappeared Aug. 29, 2002, while on her way home from Catskill to Freehold.

Bumping this thread up for Audrey. Where is she, and where is that darn jeep?

She and I were the same age and had kids the exact same age when she went missing...I think of her and her children often. I would really like to see an ID channel episode of "Disappeared" done for her as well.

Bumping for 10 year anniversary..

Someone knows something. Never give up!

I saw lots of Audrey's friends and family requesting that Katie Couric feature Audrey's case on an episode of her show so I thought I would come and bump up her thread.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966
Back