Found Deceased NY - Avonte Oquendo, 14, Long Island City, 4 Oct 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
While I understand the lawsuit, I wish it would wait until Avonte is found!

A time and a place, but now is not the time. JMO

I agree. I could not compartmentalize. My one goal, focus, obsession would be on getting my child back.

"The notice of claim filed Wednesday with the city comptroller’s office said the school failed to properly supervise Avonte, who “has a propensity to run away,” causing emotional and psychological harm to the mother and child."

*Jmo :moo: :moo:
He ran away on Friday and this was filed Wednesday. I admire the optimistic attitude, but it seems hinky that this was filed before they know what he has he to go through. The dollar signs were in the forefront which concerns me.
Brother sets up a account immediately and uses it as his communication tool and mom files claim within five days. Because of this, my hinky meter blipped a little. just a little though :).
It may be just the way this family thinks- money is associated with everything. (I have a family member that would most certainly be looking at the $$$ as hard as looking for the child.). Or recent financial problems could have money in the forefront this family. :moo: :moo:

I agree. I could not compartmentalize. My one goal, focus, obsession would be on getting my child back.

"The notice of claim filed Wednesday with the city comptroller’s office said the school failed to properly supervise Avonte, who “has a propensity to run away,” causing emotional and psychological harm to the mother and child."

*Jmo :moo: :moo:
He ran away on Friday and this was filed Wednesday. I admire the optimistic attitude, but it seems hinky that this was filed before they know what he has he to go through. The dollar signs were in the forefront which concerns me.
Brother sets up a account immediately and uses it as his communication tool and mom files claim within five days. Because of this, my hinky meter blipped a little. just a little though :).
It may be just the way this family thinks- money is associated with everything. (I have a family member that would most certainly be looking at the $$$ as hard as looking for the child.). Or recent financial problems could have money in the forefront this family. :moo: :moo:

this is not about dollar signs at all. Autistic children all run, many cant speak. there was to be a guard at the door. Where was the guard? pure negligence.
This case will prevent this kind of negligence in the future.
I do not agree it is about dollar signs.
I would sue them so bad they would go out of business - that poor family must be going through hell. :(

No details were given in the reports I heard, like where or when. Only that he ran off but was found shortly after in the subway.

I so hope this precious boy is found soon...

Per Wall Street Journal

"Missing Autistic Student's Mother Intends to Sue City"

October 12, 2013

"Ms. Fontaine said that over the summer, Avonte had unlocked the doors at the family's Rego Park home, walked away and was quickly found by police on a local subway platform."

Avonte's mom also says Avonte enjoys watching cooking shows... I wonder if this could be some kind of clue where he may have found a restaurant, food Court (maybe in a mall?) , etc. to be hiding out...

JMO...

this is not about dollar signs at all. Autistic children all run, many cant speak. there was to be a guard at the door. Where was the guard? pure negligence.
I would sue them so bad they would go out of business - that poor family must be going through hell. :(

I am interested in the comment that it is hoped that the city would go out of business...

Note... The mother is attempting to sue the city... Therefore the city taxpayers-citizens would be detrimentally affected, as well...

:waitasec:

LOL What is twerking?It sounds stupid LOL.Should I even ask LOL

You are NOT stupid... But tweaking may be considered so..

Just think of it this way... It doesn't look like this >>>> :Banane59:

:D

Some people have thought the school's doors should have been locked. I wonder if fire codes allow that.

I so hope this precious boy is found soon...

Per Wall Street Journal

"Missing Autistic Student's Mother Intends to Sue City"

October 12, 2013

"Ms. Fontaine said that over the summer, Avonte had unlocked the doors at the family's Rego Park home, walked away and was quickly found by police on a local subway platform."

Avonte's mom also says Avonte enjoys watching cooking shows...
I wonder if this could be some kind of clue where he may have found a restaurant, food Court (maybe in a mall?) , etc. to be hiding out...

JMO...

"Avonte's mom also says Avonte enjoys watching cooking shows...
"

I knew I liked this boy! I love cooking shows too, Avonte. How about showing cooking shows in Times Square? I know, it's a l-o-o-o-n-n-g shot.

BBM

The greater good. It's not about making them pay. Suing so it doesn't happen again, suing so procedures are changed, suing so no other parent has to go through the horror of their child disappearing, suing for doctor bills because of him running away. That is why I would sue. Suing for money is self serving. Jmo

Please look on the video.They are looking into a homeless man dragging a suit case? Near a ware house? Is anyone hearing any more on that now?

http://pix11.com/2013/10/12/search-...-his-safe-return-climbs-to-70k/#axzz2hdauRUoI

I feel the homeless people would know if anything is found on him.Are the police asking the homeless people questions?

Where did the homeless man on that video say Avonte was? I do think he probably did know something.

The dollar signs were in the forefront which concerns me.

BBM, SBM

Do we know for certain yet that the mom is seeking monetary gain with this lawsuit? I'm not being snarky, and I haven't read what she filed. Before I jump the gun and start judging the families motives behind a lawsuit, I'd like to get more facts first. If the are filing just to get better care and system for the kids at that school then I say go for it, the sooner the better. Jmo moo

http://stream.wsj.com/story/latest-headlines/SS-2-63399/SS-2-352443/
The mother of a missing 14-year-old boy with autism has filed legal papers saying she intends to sue the city for $25 million, accusing the city and the department of education of recklessly allowing the student to walk away from school.

Yes, but that may just be a bargaining chip. Hopefully the case never goes to trial, and mom is just looking to having the school knuckle down on security to prevent further disappearing children.

Yes, but that may just be a bargaining chip. Hopefully the case never goes to trial, and mom is just looking to having the school knuckle down on security to prevent further disappearing children.

I suppose one could interpret the intent to sue for $25 million as a bargaining chip.

Please look on the video.They are looking into a homeless man dragging a suit case? Near a ware house? Is anyone hearing any more on that now?

http://pix11.com/2013/10/12/search-...-his-safe-return-climbs-to-70k/#axzz2hdauRUoI

I feel the homeless people would know if anything is found on him.Are the police asking the homeless people questions?

Where did the homeless man on that video say Avonte was? I do think he probably did know something.

I think they edited out the part of the video where the homeless man was told Avonte was. It was so sad when Danny said something to the effect, if you have abducted him just let him go in a public place. He can't talk. He won't be able to remember what you look like. =(

This is not looking good y'all. A $70,000.00 reward and still it's as if he just vanished. I thought the reward would cause someone that knew something to come forward, but still nothing? It's difficult to continue hoping that he is out there existing on his own without having been seen by anybody. Please prove me wrong, Avonte!

I think they edited out the part of the video where the homeless man was told Avonte was. It was so sad when Danny said something to the effect, if you have abducted him just let him go in a public place. He can't talk. He won't be able to remember what you look like. =(

Plumeria, what was the part that was edited out of that video?

You are NOT stupid... But tweaking may be considered so..

Just think of it this way... It doesn't look like this >>>> :Banane59:

:D

:floorlaugh: It's more like this: :Banane39::Banane21::spinner::butthead:

Some people have thought the school's doors should have been locked. I wonder if fire codes allow that.

That's a really good point! I never thought of that. Anyone know about that kind of stuff?

That's a really good point! I never thought of that. Anyone know about that kind of stuff?

I know that here in CA the locked psychiatric wards have a safe guard that unlocks the doors when fire is detected. I don't see why the school can't do that. They could at least alarm the door so if someone bolted, staff could give chase immediately. Jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nat Dru
Back