NY NY - Bambi Madden, 31, Binghamton, 11 Jan 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bumping. Somebody somewhere has to know something!

Wondering a couple of things-- I know this is sad but is this area anywhere near water? I just think after this many years of being gone it's something to think about. I also wonder if in at the time that Bambi was reported missing UIDs were being matched in systems with missing persons, as I see Bambi IS entered in NAMUS. If not, should we look through UIDs? Again, I'm sorry, I know that's sad, but it's been almost ten years.

As others have said, it is very strange she went missing a day prior to a court hearing. If she was actively pursuing custody of her grandchild then I highly doubt she would just walk off willingly the day before.

Hi kgunzzz. It is very sad. Unfortunately, there are two pretty decent size rivers in our area. The Susquehanna & the Chenango rivers. They converge in the middle of town. The part of the area she was last seen at is right next to the Chenango river but it is lined with a big wall. If she did, god forbid, end up in the river, I don't think it was at that point. I'm not sure if they searched the rivers or not.

I agree that she didn't just walk away unwillingly. I'm not sure if her disappearance has anything to do with the court situation. I don't get the impression of that from her family, kwim. As far as I can tell, they are all active in their search for her.

Wen I search for missing persons in Binghamton, Bambi seems to be the only one. I have never, ever seen or heard of LE doing anything in the years she has been missing. I think they took a report, saw she had a prior drug charge & dismissed her. That is so scary to me. I am a recovering heroin addict, I've been clean for over two years now. My life is 100% different & better than when I was in my using dayss. If I went missing, I'd hate for my family to have to go through the what I can only imagine) extreme frustration of LE not taking it seriously. I can't even imagine what Bambi's family is going through. Their pain was palpable at her vigil a couple weeks ago.

It really saddens me that so many missing people that have addictions are just kind of overlooked. They're just as human as everyone else, they have family and friends too that love, care about them and are worried.

Bumping for Bambi again. Why aren't local LE doing anything? :banghead::please:please Bing Police! DO SOMETHING. It pisses me off. I'm sorry for the rant but Jesus Christ; it's like LE doesn't even care.

Bumping for Bambi. Again. Somebody has to know something! :bump::heartbeat:

There is no way that this isn't related to the court case she was involved in. It would have to be one hell of a coincidence for it not to be.

I am her ex sister in law. Knowing this family like I do I can assure you the custody case had nothing to do with her disappearance. I can't tell you much more as I have been divorced from her brother for a long time and only know what the public knows.

I am her ex sister in law. Knowing this family like I do I can assure you the custody case had nothing to do with her disappearance. I can't tell you much more as I have been divorced from her brother for a long time and only know what the public knows.

Hi, plynch! You add a very interesting perspective to this case, thank you :)

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

You are welcome. I wish I knew more to help out, but I don't. I will answer whatever questions I can as long as it don't invade the privacy of her family. But like I said I don't know much more than what the public knows. I have my ex-husband on my facebook, but I don't much talk to him. I do remember thinking when he told me she was missing that she would return home in a few days. I never expected her to be missing this long.I also was not aware of her having court the next day or I wouldn't have thought that. She loved her kids/grandkids and I know she wouldn't have willingly missed her court date.

Binghamton mom of 3 vanished 10 years ago today

http://www.pressconnects.com/story/news/public-safety/2016/01/08/vigil-mark-10-years-since-bambi-madden-disappeared/78521796/

Ten years after Bambi Madden walked out of her Winding Way residence in Binghamton to pick up beer at a convenience store, family members are still waiting for her to return home.

"The family has really never given up on her," said Amanda Barry, a Binghamton resident and Madden's sister. "We may never find Bambi ... but we deserve to find out what happened."

madden_bambi2.jpg
madden_bambi5.jpg

Bumping for Bambi. I was going to attend her vigil again this year but a family emergency came up & sadly, I was unable to attend.

I do have a question about the details of her disappearance. Bambi's vigil is always held at the One Stop, which is close to Winding Way. But her details say that she was headed to the Hess on Main Street. The One Stop is closer so I was wondering why she didn't go there or are the details of where she was headed wrong? As I said before, I don't think her family has anything to do with this, even in light of the upcoming court date for the petition of her grandchild.

I once spoke with somebody who works for the Sheriff's Department (can't remember his name or position in the department) that says he knows what happened to her; that she was killed over a drug/prostitute type situation which I don't believe for one second. It just doesn't make sense. That goes to show that they have already formed their opinion & don't feel the need to investigate further. It really sucks & it's unfair & they should be doing more to investigate. Her family is always trying to keep her case front & center but the police don't seem to care at all.

I know it's a long shot but I sometimes search the NAMUS database. There was skeletal remains found in March of last year in Suffolk County, NY. There hasn't been any matches yet. It says the dental are complete but the DNA is pending. Would it be stupid to email the County Medical Examiner to ask about a possible match?

Here is a link to the case report for the Suffolk County remains: https://identifyus.org/en/cases/full_report/13776

Bumping for Bambi. I was going to attend her vigil again this year but a family emergency came up & sadly, I was unable to attend.

I do have a question about the details of her disappearance. Bambi's vigil is always held at the One Stop, which is close to Winding Way. But her details say that she was headed to the Hess on Main Street. The One Stop is closer so I was wondering why she didn't go there or are the details of where she was headed wrong? As I said before, I don't think her family has anything to do with this, even in light of the upcoming court date for the petition of her grandchild.

I once spoke with somebody who works for the Sheriff's Department (can't remember his name or position in the department) that says he knows what happened to her; that she was killed over a drug/prostitute type situation which I don't believe for one second. It just doesn't make sense. That goes to show that they have already formed their opinion & don't feel the need to investigate further. It really sucks & it's unfair & they should be doing more to investigate. Her family is always trying to keep her case front & center but the police don't seem to care at all.

I really didnt know Bambi all that well. The 2 years I lived in New York with my ex, she was somewhere else. But I do not believe for one minute she was involved in prostitution. As far as going to a store that was farther away, I would guess that maybe she preferred that store or maybe their prices were a little cheaper. I know when I didn't have a car, I would walk a little further to go to a store I liked better or was maybe a little cheaper.

I know it's a long shot but I sometimes search the NAMUS database. There was skeletal remains found in March of last year in Suffolk County, NY. There hasn't been any matches yet. It says the dental are complete but the DNA is pending. Would it be stupid to email the County Medical Examiner to ask about a possible match?

Here is a link to the case report for the Suffolk County remains: https://identifyus.org/en/cases/full_report/13776

I don't think it would be stupid. There is always that chance. If you like I can message my ex on Facebook and see if they are aware of this. I don't think he gets on Facebook too often so I'm not sure how long it would take to get a reply. They also have a Facebook for Bambi, if you want to send a friend request and then PM them the info to see if they are aware of it.

A well-done article here; hoping her family can receive answers soon.

Vanished: What really happened to Bambi Madden?

Even now, sometimes Jackie Fiske catches a glimpse of just-so-blonde hair on a woman in a crowd or on a sidewalk, and it stops her cold.

Maybe, just maybe, this time it's her.

Jackie's big sister.

Bambi.

They were born two years apart, best friends with a knack for seeing each other's point of view on nearly anything. They loved listening to classic rock, passing the evening in the company of family. They had the same shade of hair.

Jackie is 42 now.

Her sister — if she is alive — is 44.

Bambi's is a "cold case," according to Binghamton Police Capt. Jack Collins, interviewed in the days after the 10-year anniversary of her disappearance. Such a designation isn't tied to how much time has elapsed since an incident occurred, but to whether a case can be pursued without new evidence being discovered.

This disappearance, Collins says, has long vexed investigators. No crime scene. No suspects. No body.

"It becomes a cold case when you've exhausted all your investigative leads and you have nothing else to go on," Collins says.

I don't think it would be stupid. There is always that chance. If you like I can message my ex on Facebook and see if they are aware of this. I don't think he gets on Facebook too often so I'm not sure how long it would take to get a reply. They also have a Facebook for Bambi, if you want to send a friend request and then PM them the info to see if they are aware of it.

I'm fb friends with Bambi's page & I've been talking with one of her sisters. Tonight, at the City Hall meeting, they officially made January 11 "Bambi's Day" in honor of Bambi. This is great to keep her name out there & fresh in Bing's minds.

Last weekend we hung up fliers also. I was thinking about asking her sister about the unidentified person but I don't want to bring up anything painful. I want to be helpful but I don't want to cause any more pain, know what I mean? Even though I don't know Bambi, I just feel compelled to help in any way I can. Her family that I've met are so very nice. I don't know what it's like to have a missing loved one & im such an awkward person; I don't want to make anything more painful. If that makes sense. Even if there isn't any way I can help, I just generally want to be supportive.

VIGIL PLANNED: After 11 years, Bambi Madden's family seeks answers
Bambi Madden has been missing for 11 years, and her family members say they are still seeking to learn what happened to her.

The 43-year-old Binghamton woman's family is organizing their annual candlelight vigil Jan. 11 — the anniversary of her disappearance — at the American Legion, 1 Grace St., in Binghamton. Members of Madden's family say the community is encouraged to attend the vigil, which will take place at 7 p.m.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deathrowsuperstar
Back