NY NY - Bambi Madden, 31, Binghamton, 11 Jan 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Went to Bambi's vigil again tonight. Her family needs answers & local LE isn't doing a darn thing about it. Her vigil was beautiful & so sad.

Hello all,
I am complete newcomer to websleuths so bear with me. Hoping there are still people out there working for Bambi and her family. I came upon Bambi's story through BrainScratch on youtube with John Lordan. I can't work at mo due to illness, so bit desperate to keep my small brain going. Didn't think BrainScratch would be my sort of thing but came upon the BrainScratch Searchlight series that John does on missing people. He seems like lovely man and unlike some of the crime documentaries he really tries to get at the facts, check the sources and try and get things going.
What I also like about John is that his compassion for the victims and families/friends really shines through and he makes a point of featuring cases that aren't getting the attention they deserve. John referenced websleuths and gave a shout-out to LavenderLotus here for keeping this thread going and for going to the vigils and handing out fliers. What really came home to me as I've watched more and more cases is that there is this sort of hierarchy of victims and people who have even a sniff of drug use are pretty much at the bottom and this really makes me angry. I don't know if this is why this case hasn't been solved and I should add that in general I have great respect for the police, it's a very hard job and I know I couldn't do it. But from the little I can see Bambi's case really should be solvable.
I was really touched by the Borrelli article in the local press and the video clips of Bambi's family and her home. I live in the New Forest in England (have never been to USA) so it would have been hard for me to visualize this area without that. I noticed in the article that the paper had tried to get the police records released under the Freedom of Information Act but this was denied as "it is an ongoing investigation". At the same time, police said it is a "cold case". Hmmm, I think it has to be one or the other....looks like someone blocking things to me.
I know how hard it can be for families to take on authority, especially the police, and deal with all the grief as well. But something isn't right here with this investigation and those files need to be passed to another police department to do a cold case review on. I know sometimes there are good reasons that police don't say what they are doing but after ten years? I think the answer is maybe already in those files and the family needs someone to help them INSIST that this gets a PROPER review and they get answers. Could the local press take this up again? Or a local politician/advocate? We have a body called the Independent Police Complaints Commission over here, USA must have something similar.
I just think something has gone wrong with this investigation. In all countries though, it is never easy to take on the police/government (as if the family didn't have enough stress) but I think it is the only way the truth is going to come out here. I'll shut up now! Well done to everyone giving this family support and I hope they get a break soon.

Jan 4 2019, 9:52 pm ET
No leads 13 years after Bambi Madden disappeared without a trace
1915202_100122623350790_1693850_n_df1b9bdda5ad31a11d8952ac7e762bf8.nbcnews-ux-1024-900.jpg
1915202_100122016684184_7629331_n_df1b9bdda5ad31a11d8952ac7e762bf8.nbcnews-ux-1024-900.jpg

Bambi Fiske grew up alongside six brothers and sisters in Binghamton, New York. She was very close with everyone in her large family, especially her sister Jackie Fiske, to whom Bambi was closest in age.

“She was so outgoing and she loved us, her family,” Jackie told Dateline. “She was very free-spirited -- just fun-loving and really loved everyone.”

Another of Bambi’s sisters, Amanda Moran, told Dateline the entire family continued to live near each other as they got older.

“We were all really close growing up, and we still are close now,” Amanda told Dateline. Both Amanda and Jackie told Dateline they either spoke to Bambi in person or on the phone at least once a day.

Bambi got married to Tom Madden and together the Maddens had three children, Scott, Christal and Tom Jr, according to Bambi’s sisters.

On the evening of January 11, 2006, Jackie visited Bambi, then 31, at her home. She told Dateline that since she lived just around the corner, she would often go over for short visits.

According to Jackie, Bambi had a court hearing the following day for temporary custody of her granddaughter Brianna. Christal, Bambi’s daughter, had asked her mother for help taking care of Brianna while she was trying to “get back on her feet,” according to Amanda.

“She was very excited about it,” Amanda said, noting Bambi’s love for Brianna. “She wanted to take care of her granddaughter and help out Christal. She really loved her family.”

Read more: No leads 13 years after Bambi Madden disappeared without a trace

I can still remember when my ex husband told me Bambi was missing. I thought she would be back in a day or so. I never imagined it would 13 yrs later and she would still be missing. I honestly don't believe she is alive. I didn't really have a chance to get to know Bambi that well when I was married to her brother, but I do know she loved her kids and idolized my ex. She would never intentionaly stay away this long. Whatever differences I had with my ex inlaws, it's terrible that they never found out what happened to her before they passed.

I didn't know if I wanted to post on here..I'm Bambi sister. We are having a Candlight for her this year of Jan 11..we are trying to keep her in the public. Both my parents passed without answers and we are going to keep her memory alive every year as they did

Bumping for Bambi. I'm hoping somebody local to Bambi (Binghamton) can chime in here. I'm local to this area but I don't know her family directly. I've followed missing persons cases & since I moved to Bing in 2010, I've been following Bambi's case.

I am wondering if I should invite Bambi's family to WS? I know how to contact them. I went to her vigil on the 11th & very briefly met one of her family members. It was sooooo heartbreaking to see. Can somebody help me with what to say if I do contact them to invite them here? Thank you in advance!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deathrowsuperstar
Back