NY NY - Bethanie Dougherty, 40, Broome County, 1 April 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is one of the most baffling cases, IMO.

Hoppy

Bump

Someone in Killawog or Marathon knows what happened to Buffy. Please, please please come forward with what you know. Don't be afraid.
All it takes is 1 person to come forward.....please be brave and be that person. If for no other reason, do it for Logan, Josh and Samantha.

I use to live in this area, Marathon, and I knew Buffy and her kids. My daughter was in the same class as her son, Josh, and was playmates with her daughter, Samantha. Also, Buffy's ex-husband, Pat McMahon, was my landlord. The children use to hang out @ my house and are great kids. I still remember making brownies for them. Buffy was estranged from her current husband, Bill Dougherty, and had been court ordered to move out of their Jennings Creek home.
I wish that someone would come forward and tell what they know. This area is very rural and made up of small towns or villages. So, basically, everyone knows everyone's business. I am sure someone knows what happened to Buffy and is afraid to come forward.

http://www.findbethaniedougherty.com/

Bumping this info for Bethanie (Buffy) Dougherty

Dougherty's family also created pocket-sized calendars featuring Dougherty's picture and her description: age 40, blue eyes, red hair, 5-foot-9 and 160 pounds. A Web site www.findbethaniedougherty.com is also listed on the card.

Bethanie is my sister. We have the same dad, she is from his first marrage. I was very close to Behtanie. Just want to provide a few answers for you all. I called Bethanie and spoke with her oldest son the day she was discovered missing..... this is how it went down......

Her oldest son lived with her... he was the last known person to see her when she went off to bed....
Bethanie woke early in the morning in order to get to work, usaully around 3 in the morning and was at work by 5 in the moring.... her son was used to her getting up and the noise so he would really not think anything of someone moving about the house.... Bethanie was a smoker and would go outside to smoke in the morning, she never smoked inside, even in the winter....
Her oldest son woke up that morning to leave for school and saw that her work clothes were still laid out on the dining room table along with her purse, smokes, phone and keys..... the car was still in the driveway.......
When he got home her son told me that her phone was blowing up with people from work and friends calling her.... these are the exact words he said next......
"Uncle Wil wanna hear something funny....(my responce)... I woke up this morning and all of mom's stuff was still on the table and the van is still in the driveway and she isn't here..."
I was so scared that I thought I in a dream... that is NOT my sister.... she would never "disappear".....
I asked him if he knew where his step dad was, she was in the middle of a divorce. He said he was out of town..... actually her ex-husband had come back into town that weekend....and saw Bethanie at work.....
I told my nephew to hang up, call his father and then call the ploice.... believe it or not a Sheriff lives next door to her home and he works the night shift and her ex-husbands neice and husband rent from that sheriff in a flat attached to their house....
So I called my family.... got back in touch with my nephew and he said that the police were called and that his stepfather showed up..... the search started and nothing was found, nothing......
The screams that were heard, were heard 800 yards or so from her home... two people called and reported but by the time the sheriffs arrived there was nothing to see, the dark and the rain took care of that.....
Bethanie was all about her children... she wouldn't even leave the house to go to the store without one of them being told....
The media reported that she was under stress.... of course, she was going through a divorce and was working long hours. anyone would be a bit stressed, but believe me, she wouldn't just run off..... she had to be taken and taken by someone that she knew well enough not to be alarmed when she saw them at 3 in the morning....
Keep this story going and find Bethanie

Wil

and was home there last year when i read about Bethane being missing, my Mom had died and was taking care of some things. I cannot believe she has not been found. I am so sorry for your family and her children and cannot even imagine. I have lost a brother and a sister, but certainly not in this way when you do not even know what happened.

I would like to think the state police are doing all they can and I am sure they are...but do you feel that way, as a family member?

Bethanie is my sister. We have the same dad, she is from his first marrage. I was very close to Behtanie. Just want to provide a few answers for you all. I called Bethanie and spoke with her oldest son the day she was discovered missing..... this is how it went down......

Her oldest son lived with her... he was the last known person to see her when she went off to bed....
Bethanie woke early in the morning in order to get to work, usaully around 3 in the morning and was at work by 5 in the moring.... her son was used to her getting up and the noise so he would really not think anything of someone moving about the house.... Bethanie was a smoker and would go outside to smoke in the morning, she never smoked inside, even in the winter....
Her oldest son woke up that morning to leave for school and saw that her work clothes were still laid out on the dining room table along with her purse, smokes, phone and keys..... the car was still in the driveway.......
When he got home her son told me that her phone was blowing up with people from work and friends calling her.... these are the exact words he said next......
"Uncle Wil wanna hear something funny....(my responce)... I woke up this morning and all of mom's stuff was still on the table and the van is still in the driveway and she isn't here..."
I was so scared that I thought I in a dream... that is NOT my sister.... she would never "disappear".....
I asked him if he knew where his step dad was, she was in the middle of a divorce. He said he was out of town..... actually her ex-husband had come back into town that weekend....and saw Bethanie at work.....I told my nephew to hang up, call his father and then call the ploice.... believe it or not a Sheriff lives next door to her home and he works the night shift and her ex-husbands neice and husband rent from that sheriff in a flat attached to their house.... So I called my family.... got back in touch with my nephew and he said that the police were called and that his stepfather showed up..... the search started and nothing was found, nothing......
The screams that were heard, were heard 800 yards or so from her home... two people called and reported but by the time the sheriffs arrived there was nothing to see, the dark and the rain took care of that.....
Bethanie was all about her children... she wouldn't even leave the house to go to the store without one of them being told....
The media reported that she was under stress.... of course, she was going through a divorce and was working long hours. anyone would be a bit stressed, but believe me, she wouldn't just run off..... she had to be taken and taken by someone that she knew well enough not to be alarmed when she saw them at 3 in the morning.... Keep this story going and find Bethanie

Wil

[bbm]

has the ex been cleared? it sticks out to me that he came back into town that weekend ... was it to visit the child(ren) or her or both? you say he visited her at work; was there anything unusual about that? do her co-workers have any info on how that visit went? was it common for him to visit her at work while in town?

has the current husband been cleared? he was out of town ... how soon was he able to get back after the oldest son called him? did he work and/or live out of town? were they recently arguing?

it's been reported that Bethanie had been court-ordered to leave the house - is this true? if so, what date was she supposed to leave? this suggests to me that the divorce was contentious ...

as you said, she had to be taken by someone she knew ... and those two would be the top two person's of interest for sure

welcome to ws and sorry it had to be under such circumstances

if you haven't already, you might want to contact Tricia, the site owner so she can verify your identity (keeps the board ethical)

The screams were heard 800 yards away from the house?
It was 3am, dark, raining. Bethanie would have been outside in her pajamas.
Would she have got into someone's car to talk? Then she would have been out of the rain.

Can family post a map of where Bethanie lived and where the screams came from?

If her husband was out of town, how did he get back into so fast to help with the search?
If her ex husband was in town, why didn't her son call his dad right away?

Why was she being evicted? And by a court order? If this was by the dad of her children, then why would he put his own kids out?

What did her fellow employees mean when they said there were a LOT of men coming in and asking for Bethanie? I am not sure if that was a catty remark or they were suspicious of all the men.

Did Bethanie have a current boyfriend?

Did her ex husband, her current husband, and any current boy friend take lie detector tests?

Does the family suspect any one person?

And I hate to even suggest this, but did Bethanie and her son get along?
Did he have any problems with the police or acting out?

Dougherty.jpg

http://www.findbethaniedougherty.com/

So glad to see some new interest in Bethanie's case.

I'm going to move this thread over to the discussion forum.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8
Back