NY - Billionaire Jeffrey Epstein arrested on sex trafficking, 6 July 2019 #2 *FOUND DECEASED IN JAIL

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please see my earlier post that explains augmentation.

Bringing that part over for convenience:

Staffing comes from an entirely different budget supplied through Congress, which often leads to staff shortfalls. That's why you are reading that the Staff that were suppose to be monitoring Epstein were working numerous overtime shifts, as well as one of the staff members being placed on mandatory overtime from another department. This is referred to as "augmenting." ALL staff who work within the confines of a Federal prison are classified as Law Enforcement officers and they must pass through the law enforcement academy - they are trained correctional workers - including Secretaries, Business Office staff, Human Resources staff, etc... everyone. They may not be as familiar with the instant confines of where they are working as a permanent correctional officer, notwithstanding, they are trained to work correctional posts the same as anyone.

NY - Billionaire Jeffrey Epstein arrested on sex trafficking, 6 July 2019 #2 *FOUND DECEASED IN JAIL

Whatever the case, and it may just be your everyday suicide, this sure has the makings of your stereotypical crime novel. So, an irregular "guard" was brought in to oversee Epstein. When this this mystery person arrive, and how long was he alone "watching" the cell? We may never know. So many odd coincidences. Time will tell if there will actually be an investigation. MOO

Rsbm

Epstein dead makes it easier, not more difficult, to prosecute his co-conspirators/pedo partners.

So in a sense, he cooperated with the government by killing himself.

From a long ago high school English class, the final words of Sydney Carton in Dicken’s A Tale of Two Cities echo through time:

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest I go to than I have ever known.

ETA: Tongue stuck firmly in cheek, in case it wasn’t obvious. ;)

Last edited:
The cameras apparently show the outside of the cells, so you can see who is coming and going.

Cameras facing inside cells would be a huge invasion of privacy, provided the inmate is not on suicide watch.

The supreme court ruled that an inmate has no protection of privacy.

Hudson V. Palmer.
Quote:

• 1. A prisoner has no reasonable expectation of privacy in his prison cell entitling him to the protection of the Fourth Amendment against unreasonable searches.

• Block 10 south inside MCC has two cameras to each cell. Those inmates are not on suicide watch.

• Prisons/jails monitor phone calls. Prisons/jails can, and do open inmates mail.

Whatever the case, and it may just be your everyday suicide, this sure has the makings of your stereotypical crime novel. So, an irregular "guard" was brought in to oversee Epstein. When this this mystery person arrive, and how long was he alone "watching" the cell? We may never know. So many odd coincidences. Time will tell if there will actually be an investigation. MOO

I had that exact same thought.
This entire case has such a surreal feel to it.

It's like something from a John Grisham novel, only it's less believable.

Guess it's true, after all:
Truth is Stranger than Fiction.

JMO.

Last edited:
The supreme court ruled that an inmate has no protection of privacy.

Hudson V. Palmer.
Quote:

• 1. A prisoner has no reasonable expectation of privacy in his prison cell entitling him to the protection of the Fourth Amendment against unreasonable searches.

• Block 10 south inside MCC has two cameras to each cell. Those inmates are not on suicide watch.

• Prisons/jails monitor phone calls. Prisons/jails can, and do open inmates mail.

Reading about 10 South, it appears to be a super-max unit.

Inmates also have lights on all day.

That isn’t standard throughout the prison, nor is it standard where Epstein was housed.

Reading about 10 South, it appears to be a super-max unit.

Inmates also have lights on all day.

That isn’t standard throughout the prison, nor is it standard where Epstein was housed.

True, but it has nothing to do with an inmates right to privacy.
It boils down to cost and risk, more than anything.
The cost of cams in every cell as opposed to shaking down those that impose a lesser risk at any time .
There are companies like Vicon that make cameras specifically for the inside of jail cells.

In a court filing Monday, Epstein's accusers said that an agreement he negotiated with federal prosecutors in Florida over a decade ago to grant immunity to his possible accomplices should be thrown out now that he is dead. Under that 2008 agreement, Epstein pleaded guilty to prostitution-related state charges and served 13 months behind bars.
Questions swirl around Epstein's monitoring before suicide

I don't think it would be that hard to commit suicide in jail. I can think of two right off the bat.
Arron Hernandez , and Phillip Markoff (The Craigslist Killer)

It's also not that uncommon and has increased over the years. He's just one more prisoner in a long list. The ONLY reason this is big news, is b/c he's a wealthy man, who had very big connections, who got caught doing very up things, otherwise, I'd not have even seen a thing about his suicide on my local news. It's nothing more than a blip, IF that, if an inmate dies from suicide, overdose, or neglected requests for medical aid, where I live.

I don't think it would be that hard to commit suicide in jail. I can think of two right off the bat.
Arron Hernandez , and Phillip Markoff (The Craigslist Killer)
It's typically not that hard, I would imagine. But the point is that it should have been made impossible in this case. If the MCC can keep John Gotti and El Chapo alive, it should be able to do the same for Epstein. He's one of the highest profile inmates they've had and the implications of his knowledge regarding the crimes of scads of global VIPs should have ensured that he was at the top of the "do not let this guy die under any circumstances" list.

Downhill from the structure, at the end of a service path that branches from the main road leading to the building, lies what appears to be a smaller structure or entrance. Here’s what it currently looks like on Apple Maps (notice the lack of a dome):

5d26134e21a86137292b18b8.jpg

Downhill from the main building, at the end of a service path, sits another, smaller structure.

Apple Maps
The smaller structure is significant if only because it could theoretically offer a second method of accessing or leaving the larger building, which in turn would suggest the presence of a hidden structure underneath it.
Why did Jeffrey Epstein build a temple on his private island?

What in the holy hell was that?

That looks like a huge door at the end of the path. And I'll bet it connects with that temple thingy. And I don't think it's housing the sprinkler system

This is so sinister. What was in there? Is that why there are divers searching around that area.

This just gives me the creeps thinking that he was hiding something - possibly even more depraved that he was doing with young girls.

'Cause I don't think he was quilting or working on his stamp collection in a hidden place like that

Last edited:
It's also not that uncommon and has increased over the years. He's just one more prisoner in a long list. The ONLY reason this is big news, is b/c he's a wealthy man, who had very big connections, who got caught doing very ****** up things, otherwise, I'd not have even seen a thing about his suicide on my local news. It's nothing more than a blip, IF that, if an inmate dies from suicide, overdose, or neglected requests for medical aid, where I live.
I agree. The only reason the two I mentioned came to mind is because they were high profile cases too.
I'm sure there are thousands that we never hear about.

What in the holy hell was that?

That looks like a huge door at the end of the path. And I'll bet it connects with that temple thingy.

This is so sinister. What was in there? Is that why there are divers searching around that area.

This just gives me the creeps thinking that he was hiding something even more depraved that he was doing with young girls.
Epstein, meanwhile, reportedly is building a compound on the 165-acre island of Great St. James, which he purchased in 2016 for $18 million. He lives on the neighboring Little St. James.

The project has been the subject of a stop work order since December, a spokesman for the Virgin Islands Department of Planning and Natural Resources told The Post.

The spokesman confirmed that there has been unauthorized work on the island since the stop work order was issued.

The Virgin Islands Daily News reports that Epstein used a shell company called “Great St. Jim LLC” to purchase a large swath of Great St. James and to apply to the Virgin Islands Department of Planning and Natural Resources to conduct work on the island.

Epstein is building a complex of buildings on the island that include an amphitheater and an “underwater office & pool,” the Virgin Islands Daily News Reports, which will all be linked by a private road.
https://nypost.com/2019/05/09/billi...n-illegally-building-virgin-islands-compound/

upload_2019-8-12_23-41-54.jpeg
A schematic filed with the Department of Planning and Natural Resources shows development plans for Great St. James island.
Epstein building compound on Great St. James

I assume meeting with your attorneys for 12 hours a day is a good way to avoid being stripped naked, sitting in an empty cell, on a suicide watch.

Seriously, that is crazy. It seems like rules did not apply for Epstein. Normally, criminals incarcerated, are not allowed unlimited access and time with their legal team. 12 hours a day? Probably had meals catered.

I sort of thought of that too, but with the documents fixing to be unsealed, I think he offed himself w/a lil help from a friend, or two, three. I'm interested to know if there are any type of drugs in his system. He could probably hang himself on the shower head w/ his prison clothing. Right before doing the deal, he takes an o.d. of drugs. Wouldn't have to be much. His bunk-mate may have even given him instructions.

BBM
-- That's what I think, too. Someone smuggled secobarbital or pentobarbital to him and he took a lethal dose. BTW, this is quick and relatively painless. What doctors give assisted suicide patients.

Off-topic: Secobarbital was sold as Seconal and in the 50s and 60s; physicians prescribed it as a sleep aid. Now, it is almost impossible to get and it is enormously expensive. Sometimes I think our pharmaceutical industry conducts mass population experiments.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member