NY - Billionaire Jeffrey Epstein arrested on sex trafficking charges, 6 July 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the greatest outrage is these children were so vulnerable and some in foster care. It is just so sickening.

IF we put another name on the title (like Christensen or Ajayi) the outrage would be deafening. Epstein is so freaking connected to powerful people that many will try and minimize the damage. In the "non-prosecution deal" women were to receive compensation but the Herald reported that at least one was put through the mill and described as a prostitute as part of this great bargain that ensured she was compensated. Freaking disgusting.

Mr. Kraft, owner of the Patriots. One of Epstein's survivors had been a spa attendant at Mar-a-Lago as I recall (not saying it has anything to do with anything).

Not at all surprising that rich people like Epstein and Kraft might work around the rules.

Link to a recent article about the settlement of the civil suit that mentions one of the parties working at Mar A Lago

In Major Development, Court Orders Unsealing of Docs Related to Alleged Epstein Sex Trafficking Ring

Virginia Giuffre (formerly Roberts) claimed that Maxwell recruited her to be a “masseuse” for Epstein when she worked at Mar-a-Lago, the Florida club owned by President Donald Trump. As Courthouse News noted, former President Bill Clinton “hitched multiple rides on Epstein’s jet to his private island,” while President Trump “once called Epstein a ‘friend.'” Giuffre alleged that from 1999 to 2002, she was used to perform sexual acts. She said she was just 16 when this began and claimed that other underage girls were used as well. According to the Miami Herald, Maxwell settled the case in 2017 for millions of dollars.

Not implying any connection to the criminal aspects of the new charges, just clarifying w/ a link about the past discussion of Mar A Lago.

I think the greatest outrage is these children were so vulnerable and some in foster care. It is just so sickening.

IF we put another name on the title (like Christensen or Ajayi) the outrage would be deafening. Epstein is so freaking connected to powerful people that many will try and minimize the damage. In the "non-prosecution deal" women were to receive compensation but the Herald reported that at least one was put through the mill and described as a prostitute as part of this great bargain that ensured she was compensated. Freaking disgusting.
I've seen coverage this weekend calling the victims "teenage prostitutes." That's how some people will continue to see them.

jmo

Link to a recent article about the settlement of the civil suit that mentions one of the parties working at Mar A Lago

In Major Development, Court Orders Unsealing of Docs Related to Alleged Epstein Sex Trafficking Ring

Not implying any connection to the criminal aspects of the new charges, just clarifying w/ a link about the past discussion of Mar A Lago.
The charges he is facing now are for crimes committed between 2002-2005. Unless more are added, that's the time frame for the current case.

"The new charges are in a sealed indictment, according to CBS Miami. They 'involve alleged sex trafficking crimes committed between 2002 and 2005, according to law enforcement sources. The indictment alleged that the crimes occurred in both New York and Palm Beach, Florida.'"

Jeffrey Epstein Arrested On Sex Trafficking Allegations

jmo

"Although details of the case remain undisclosed, there are indications that others involved in his crimes could be charged or named as cooperating witnesses.

Among those potentially on the list: Ghislaine Maxwell, a 57-year-old British socialite and publishing heir who has been accused of working as Epstein’s madam; and Jean-Luc Brunel, who, according to court records, was partners with Epstein in an international modeling company."

With Jeffrey Epstein locked up, these are nervous times for his friends, enablers

The charges he is facing now are for crimes committed between 2002-2005. Unless more are added, that's the time frame for the current case.

"The new charges are in a sealed indictment, according to CBS Miami. They 'involve alleged sex trafficking crimes committed between 2002 and 2005, according to law enforcement sources. The indictment alleged that the crimes occurred in both New York and Palm Beach, Florida.'"

Jeffrey Epstein Arrested On Sex Trafficking Allegations

jmo

Regarding the dates, this is an interesting quote:

“'They can’t take information from a case in 2002 or 2005 to get a search warrant today; there had to have been something for probable cause that contains evidence of a crime found now, so I’m interested in what that evidence is,' said Francey Hakes, a former federal prosecutor who once oversaw the Justice Department’s child exploitation crimes division."

With Jeffrey Epstein locked up, these are nervous times for his friends, enablers

The search warrant is the one that was for his residence in Manhattan. LE went there soon after his arrest in NJ on Saturday.

jmo

Maybe I’m just being too Pollyanna-ish, but maybe, just maybe, while there is so much more publicity on sex trafficking/child prostitution in this current social climate....possibly we could see this go down on these charges this time?? A gal can hope!

I've seen coverage this weekend calling the victims "teenage prostitutes." That's how some people will continue to see them.

jmo

Yes, sadly, I realize that. However, in FL a child under 18 can't be a prostitute. So, in this case the procurer (pimp) if these young girls were prostituted would be Epstein. I hope he is charged further.

Child Prostitution
Under Florida’s laws, it is a crime to cause or procure a child under the age of 18 to be prostituted. It is also felony for a parent or guardian of a child to sell or give the child into prostitution (or offer to do so).

Other crimes, such as pimping and offering to find a prostitute for someone, are punished more severely if child prostitution is involved.

(Fla. Stat. § § 796.03, 796.035, 796.036.) Prostitution, Pimping, and Pandering Laws in Florida

$50 million home....and that's just one home. How does court set bail for someone with such wealth and his own plane to fly anywhere in the world?

"Cops and FBI agents also pried their way through the heavy oak doors to Epstein’s $50 million Upper East Side townhouse to search for additional evidence against him."

https://nypost.com/2019/07/07/jeffrey-epstein-busted-for-trafficking-underage-girls-to-ny-source/

And where does all this money come from? I know he worked in finance, which is a high-paying industry, but does he also come from a wealthy family? I'm very curious about his source of extreme wealth. Anyone know?

jmo

From NYTimes:

"Mr. Epstein is charged with using his vast network of contacts and associates to bring a constant stream of underage girls to his Manhattan townhouse, one law enforcement official said. He is accused of shuttling the girls between the townhouse and his home in Palm Beach, Fla., paying them in cash and urging them to recruit other underage girls to visit his home....

The mansion, which runs along East 71st Street between Fifth and Madison Avenues, has been called one of the largest townhouses in Manhattan. It contains at least seven floors and covers 21,000 square feet."

A photo of his NYC residence (with massive doors!) is at the link.

$50 million home....and that's just one home. How does court set bail for someone with such wealth and his own plane to fly anywhere in the world?

"Cops and FBI agents also pried their way through the heavy oak doors to Epstein’s $50 million Upper East Side townhouse to search for additional evidence against him."

https://nypost.com/2019/07/07/jeffrey-epstein-busted-for-trafficking-underage-girls-to-ny-source/

And where does all this money come from? I know he worked in finance, which is a high-paying industry, but does he also come from a wealthy family? I'm very curious about his source of extreme wealth. Anyone know?

jmo

Follow the money! I too am curious about this billionaire where his money came from.

From wikipedia...NO family money, imo

Jeffrey Epstein - Wikipedia

Early life
Epstein was born in 1953 to a family in Brooklyn, New York, and grew up in Coney Island. Epstein's father worked for the New York City Department of Parks and Recreation. After graduating from Lafayette High School in 1969,[5][6] he attended classes at Cooper Union and dropped out in 1971.[7] He later attended the Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences at New York University, but left without receiving a degree.[6]

Here's a clue that answers what we've been wondering about the charges. BBM.

"Convicted pedophile Jeffrey Epstein is facing sex-trafficking charges involving several underage girls he allegedly brought to New York from out of state — and who weren’t part of his previous prosecution, The Post has learned."

I wonder if it is the woman who said she was 13 and attacked in Manhattan at a party. The president was also named in the suit. The suit was thrown out of court a couple of times as it was seen as trying to get around the previous "non-prosecution agreement." The woman never appeard before the press during the 2016 campaign. (Source: Wikipedia under Jeffrey Epstein Jeffrey Epstein - Wikipedia)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman