NY - Billionaire Jeffrey Epstein arrested on sex trafficking charges, 6 July 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From wikipedia...NO family money, imo

Jeffrey Epstein - Wikipedia

Early life
Epstein was born in 1953 to a family in Brooklyn, New York, and grew up in Coney Island. Epstein's father worked for the New York City Department of Parks and Recreation. After graduating from Lafayette High School in 1969,[5][6] he attended classes at Cooper Union and dropped out in 1971.[7] He later attended the Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences at New York University, but left without receiving a degree.[6]
Thank you for that bio. Hmmm.....I'm all the more curious about the source of income.

jmo

$50 million home....and that's just one home. How does court set bail for someone with such wealth and his own plane to fly anywhere in the world?

"Cops and FBI agents also pried their way through the heavy oak doors to Epstein’s $50 million Upper East Side townhouse to search for additional evidence against him."

https://nypost.com/2019/07/07/jeffrey-epstein-busted-for-trafficking-underage-girls-to-ny-source/

And where does all this money come from? I know he worked in finance, which is a high-paying industry, but does he also come from a wealthy family? I'm very curious about his source of extreme wealth. Anyone know?

jmo

Here you go...... he was a high school teacher who tutored a student who was the child of a Bear Sterns bigwig. He got into the field at the right time. (I know of a lot of people who hit finance around this same time and cleaned up with options, bonuses etc). Then left Bear Sterns and took lots of money into the Virgin Islands. Fascinating, murky and totally creepy. Here is the article: Meet Jeffrey Epstein, the billionaire financier reportedly arrested on suspicion of sex trafficking who's rubbed elbows with Donald Trump, Bill Clinton, and Kevin Spacey

I wonder if it is the woman who said she was 13 and attacked in Manhattan at a party. The president was also named in the suit. The suit was thrown out of court a couple of times as it was seen as trying to get around the previous "non-prosecution agreement." The woman never appeard before the press during the 2016 campaign. (Source: Wikipedia under Jeffrey Epstein Jeffrey Epstein - Wikipedia)
Seems like the current charges are about trafficking and conspiracy to traffic, so not sure a specific incident inside the home is included in trafficking? IDK how the term "trafficking" is legally defined.

jmo

Here you go...... he was a high school teacher who tutored a student who was the child of a Bear Sterns bigwig. He got into the field at the right time. (I know of a lot of people who hit finance around this same time and cleaned up with options, bonuses etc). Then left Bear Sterns and took lots of money into the Virgin Islands. Fascinating, murky and totally creepy. Here is the article: Meet Jeffrey Epstein, the billionaire financier reportedly arrested on suspicion of sex trafficking who's rubbed elbows with Donald Trump, Bill Clinton, and Kevin Spacey
I'm familiar with the high incomes and HUGE bonuses of finance industry, but this seems beyond that....but what do I know - not my crowd, lol.

jmo

Seems like the current charges are about trafficking and conspiracy to traffic, so not sure a specific incident inside the home is included in trafficking? IDK how the term "trafficking" is legally defined.

jmo

Trafficking is defined as this:

Federal Anti-Trafficking Laws
The Trafficking Victims Protection Act (TVPA) of 2000 is the first comprehensive federal law to address trafficking in persons. The law provides a three-pronged approach that includes prevention, protection, and prosecution. The TVPA was reauthorized through the Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act (TVPRA) of 2003, 2005, 2008, and 2013.

Under U.S. federal law, “severe forms of trafficking in persons” includes both sex trafficking and labor trafficking:

Sex trafficking is the recruitment, harboring, transportation, provision, obtaining, patronizing, or soliciting of a person for the purposes of a commercial sex act, in which the commercial sex act is induced by force, fraud, or coercion, or in which the person induced to perform such an act has not attained 18 years of age (22 USC § 7102).

Labor trafficking is the recruitment, harboring, transportation, provision, or obtaining of a person for labor or services, through the use of force, fraud, or coercion for the purposes of subjection to involuntary servitude, peonage, debt bondage, or slavery, (22 USC § 7102).

This would be the fed definition. From: Federal Law

New York Magazine credits "those who know Epstein" and "lore" for the only existing and still vague details of the firm's business, which for tax purposes is run from the island of St. Thomas in the US Virgin Islands.

The firm only accepted clients with $1 billion or more of assets and has been shrouded in secrecy since its founding. Les Wexner, the founder of the clothing brand The Limited and a high-flyer in the fashion industry, has been the only identified client of the firm.

"My belief is that Jeff maintains some sort of money-management firm, though you won't get a straight answer from him," one well-known investor told New York Magazine of Epstein in 2002. "He once told me he had 300 people working for him, and I've also heard that he manages Rockefeller money. But one never knows. It's like looking at the Wizard of Oz - there may be less there than meets the eye."

Meet Jeffrey Epstein, the billionaire financier reportedly arrested on suspicion of sex trafficking who's rubbed elbows with Donald Trump, Bill Clinton, and Kevin Spacey

Trafficking is defined as this:

Federal Anti-Trafficking Laws
The Trafficking Victims Protection Act (TVPA) of 2000 is the first comprehensive federal law to address trafficking in persons. The law provides a three-pronged approach that includes prevention, protection, and prosecution. The TVPA was reauthorized through the Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act (TVPRA) of 2003, 2005, 2008, and 2013.

Under U.S. federal law, “severe forms of trafficking in persons” includes both sex trafficking and labor trafficking:

Sex trafficking is the recruitment, harboring, transportation, provision, obtaining, patronizing, or soliciting of a person for the purposes of a commercial sex act, in which the commercial sex act is induced by force, fraud, or coercion, or in which the person induced to perform such an act has not attained 18 years of age (22 USC § 7102).

Labor trafficking is the recruitment, harboring, transportation, provision, or obtaining of a person for labor or services, through the use of force, fraud, or coercion for the purposes of subjection to involuntary servitude, peonage, debt bondage, or slavery, (22 USC § 7102).

This would be the fed definition. From: Federal Law
Thanks. So anything that happened in the home would likely be included so that "trafficking" could be established. I mean, it's not as if he was flying girls to NYC so they could see the Statue of Liberty, and the intent of the travels will have to be proved. ? I would think, then, that rape or assault or some charge like that would also be included, but it's just trafficking and conspiracy to traffic. Or are those assault charges folded into the trafficking charge? IDK!

I guess I'll be learning a lot following this case.

jmo

Thanks. So anything that happened in the home would likely be included so that "trafficking" could be established. I mean, it's not as if he was flying girls to NYC so they could see the Statue of Liberty, and the intent of the travels will have to be proved. ? I would think, then, that rape or assault or some charge like that would also be included, but it's just trafficking and conspiracy to traffic. Or are those assault charges folded into the trafficking charge? IDK!

I guess I'll be learning a lot following this case.

jmo

I wonder how many more charges will be filed. You pose a good point as it pertains to rape/sexual assault/sex abuse.

New York Magazine credits "those who know Epstein" and "lore" for the only existing and still vague details of the firm's business, which for tax purposes is run from the island of St. Thomas in the US Virgin Islands.

The firm only accepted clients with $1 billion or more of assets and has been shrouded in secrecy since its founding. Les Wexner, the founder of the clothing brand The Limited and a high-flyer in the fashion industry, has been the only identified client of the firm.

"My belief is that Jeff maintains some sort of money-management firm, though you won't get a straight answer from him," one well-known investor told New York Magazine of Epstein in 2002. "He once told me he had 300 people working for him, and I've also heard that he manages Rockefeller money. But one never knows. It's like looking at the Wizard of Oz - there may be less there than meets the eye."

Meet Jeffrey Epstein, the billionaire financier reportedly arrested on suspicion of sex trafficking who's rubbed elbows with Donald Trump, Bill Clinton, and Kevin Spacey
Yeah, a business with vague details is often not a good sign! Jmo.

Here's an article about his charitable organization and contributions, which seem odd as well, imo. I tread carefully as it's easy to venture into topics that will shut the thread.

REVEALED: We Found Billionaire Pedophile Jeffrey Epstein’s Secret Charity

Why the Trump White House Is
Caught Up in the Jeffrey Epstein Scandal

<modsnip: not an approved MSM source>

All the assault allegations against Donald Trump, recapped

“Jane Doe” aka “Katie Johnson” – 1994. Lawsuit filed June 2016, refiled October 2016 as reported by Buzzfeed and others, then dropped in November 2016. <modsnip: removed hyperlink to non MSM source>

Jane Doe is an unnamed plaintiff, who has also gone by “Katie Johnson” in legal papers. She claims she was repeatedly raped by Trump and Jeffery Epstein at Epstein’s New York City apartment in 1994, when she was 13 years old. A witness, also given a pseudonym — “Tiffany Doe” — said she recruited “Jane Doe” and others. Doe, using the name “Johnson,” gave an interview to the Daily Mail in which she said she did not know who Trump was at the time of the alleged attack but identified him later when she saw him on television. It is not known why she withdrew the lawsuit. She has not spoken publicly or withdrawn her rape allegation since then.

Last edited by a moderator:

Very creepy, I agree. I have no doubt he and his rich pals got richer from "friends and family" stock shares in all the start-ups in the telecom biz after Clinton signed the Telecom Act in '96 such as Global Crossing, RhythmsNet, all the companies Jack Grubman and other analysts pumped so that rich guys could sell at their peak to unsuspecting buyers and the shares fell to worthless. Glad to see an indictment and looking forward to seeing what else they find slithering around.

JMO

I'll be disappointed if we can't keep the thread open for discussion without resorting to private discussions. :(

Why the Trump White House Is
Caught Up in the Jeffrey Epstein Scandal

<modsnip: not an approved MSM source>

All the assault allegations against Donald Trump, recapped

“Jane Doe” aka “Katie Johnson” – 1994. Lawsuit filed June 2016, refiled October 2016 as reported by Buzzfeed and others, then dropped in November 2016. <modsnip: removed hyperlink to non MSM source>

Jane Doe is an unnamed plaintiff, who has also gone by “Katie Johnson” in legal papers. She claims she was repeatedly raped by Trump and Jeffery Epstein at Epstein’s New York City apartment in 1994, when she was 13 years old. A witness, also given a pseudonym — “Tiffany Doe” — said she recruited “Jane Doe” and others. Doe, using the name “Johnson,” gave an interview to the Daily Mail in which she said she did not know who Trump was at the time of the alleged attack but identified him later when she saw him on television. It is not known why she withdrew the lawsuit. She has not spoken publicly or withdrawn her rape allegation since then.

I don't think it has anything to do with Trump or politics if the scandal goes all the way back to 2008 and was handled in State court. The Daily Mail pays for stories so it isn't a reliable source of information.

We'll hopefully know more tomorrow from more reliable sources.

JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so glad this creep has finally been arrested, and may he never see the light of day again.

I've read a lot about him in the last two days and as others have noted, the source of his wealth is murky at best.

My theory: blackmail. Birds of a feather flocked to him and he obtained compromising information about them as a result.

Also: human sex trafficking. Those with enough money can pay for any sick thing they want at the expense of those held in slavery.

I hope all of his associates who share his depraved interests are revealed and taken down with him. I don't care who they are, what they do, or what their political affiliation is. Turn that nasty rock over and let's see what's under it.

Last edited:
I don't think it has anything to do with Trump or politics if the scandal goes all the way back to 2008 and was handled in State court. The Daily Mail pays for stories so it isn't a reliable source of information.

We'll hopefully know more tomorrow from more reliable sources.

JMO
I agree in part about DM but many, many branches of MSM "pay for stories." (Interesting to note that the article in question is dismissive of the lawsuit's claims.)
The information in my post is chiefly from the NYT and NPR, however.
(And Rawstory, Buzzfeed, and Jezebel, linked as well, also document their information.)

Last edited:
I am so glad this creep has finally been arrested, and may he never see the light of day again.

I've read a lot about him in the last two days and as others have noted, the source of his wealth is murky at best.

My theory: blackmail. Birds of a feather flocked to him and he obtained compromising information about them as a result.

Also: human sex trafficking. Those with enough money can pay for any sick thing they want at the expense of those held in slavery.

I hope all of his associates who share his depraved interests are revealed and taken down with him. I don't care who they are, what they do, or what their political affiliation is. Turn that nasty rock over and let's see what's under it.
Yes, to this, plus perhaps money laundering, imo.

When you can't figure out the flow of money, that's not a sign that things are on the up and up, in my observation.

jmo

I agree in part about DM but many, many branches of MSM "pay for stories." (Interesting to note that the article in question is dismissive of the lawsuit's claims.)
The information in my post is chiefly from the NYT and NPR, however.
(And Rawstory, Buzzfeed, and Jezebel, linked as well, also document their information.)
I'm not interest in politically biased stories and tweets. As I said, if the allegations go all the way back to 2008, Trump wasn't involved in politics then. Neither was Bill Clinton.

The DOJ can't be politically biased. If they have solid evidence, Epstein should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Human trafficking is a serious, serious crime especially considering minors were exploited to such a terrible degree. Politics should have absolutely nothing to do with it.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member