NY - Billionaire Jeffrey Epstein arrested on sex trafficking charges, 6 July 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffery Epstein found unconscious in New York jail cell

Tom Livingstone
23 hrs ago

Accused sex trafficker Jeffery Epstein has been found unconscious in his New York jail cell.

Emergency services were called to the Metropolitan Correctional Centre after guards discovered the 66-year-old in his jail cell with apparent self-harm injuries.

The billionaire financier was taken to a local hospital in a stable condition.

• Jeffrey Epstein said his accusers were 'prostitutes' and 'drug addicts' in a taped interview with George Rush back in 2010 that never ran
  • 'He stated that people do not like it when people make good and that was the one reason he was being targeted,' reads the affidavit
  • 'He stated that all the girls sung him are only trying to get a meal ticket'
  • Rush's story was killed by the owner of the Daily News, Mort Zuckerman, who was also a close pal of Epstein
  • That same year Rush was offered a buyout by the paper
  • This was revealed in court documents obtained by DailyMail.com, as were images of the men Epstein hired to stalk some of his accuser
  • Jeffrey Epstein called his victims 'drug addicts' and 'prostitutes' looking 'for a meal ticket' | Daily Mail Online

Leslie Wexner gave Jeffrey Epstein a power of attorney that gave him limitless powers over his personal fortune for nearly two decades
https://int.nyt.com/data/documenthe...4e6cef6bfb8b25c8684/optimized/full.pdf#page=1

Madness!

Somewhat OT—I would love to ask Robert S. Schwartz, the attorney who prepared the power of attorney, what he was thinking and what he perhaps privately advised Wexner about giving Epstein POA. When my mother gave me POA and other control over her money and her life years before she needed my help, her attorney strongly advised her against it and told her that I could take everything from her. My mother said “I trust my daughter. She would never do that.” And I didn’t. But the poor attorney!

So was Schwartz worried about Epstein, who wasn’t even related to Wexner? Ironically, the family law firm founded by Schwartz’ grandfather ended up closing its doors in 1995 after losing some big accounts, including Wexner’s The Limited. It’s an interesting story...

Death of a business - Smart Business Magazine

‘His Weapons Were His Hands’: California Model Says Epstein Posed as Victoria’s Secret Scout to Grope Her

"'His Weapons Were His Hands': California Model Says Epstein Posed as Victoria's Secret Scout to Grope Her"

Bolded by me. The gaps between Coney Island boy and corrupt billionaire are starting to fill in.

"A decade before sex abuse claims against accused sex trafficker Jeffrey Epstein first came to light, the math-teacher-turned-wealthy financier posed as a Victoria’s Secret talent scout ..."

Last edited:
Madness!

Somewhat OT—I would love to ask Robert S. Schwartz, the attorney who prepared the power of attorney, what he was thinking and what he perhaps privately advised Wexner about giving Epstein POA. When my mother gave me POA and other control over her money and her life years before she needed my help, her attorney strongly advised her against it and told her that I could take everything from her. My mother said “I trust my daughter. She would never do that.” And I didn’t. But the poor attorney!
So was Schwartz worried about Epstein, who wasn’t even related to Wexner? Ironically, the family law firm founded by Schwartz’ grandfather ended up closing its doors in 1995 after losing some big accounts, including Wexner’s The Limited. It’s an interesting story...

Death of a business - Smart Business Magazine
This POA thing is really, really weird.

jmo

Seriously?

Epstein was put in a cell with a cop that’s accused of killing 4 men? Did the power go out at the jail when this happened?
The power outage in Manhattan was well before this and didn't effect the neighborhood were the jail is anyway. NYC had a heat wave recently, but it was over by the time this "incident" happened. But I'm sure during the heat wave, the cells were absolutely miserable and hellish.

jmo

Jeffrey Epstein’s Foundation Had Access to 40 Stock Offerings Underwritten by Morgan Stanley
By itself, Epstein’s charitable foundation would seem an unlikely recipient of the allocations, because of its small size.
Stock-offering allocations, which investment bankers give out to their important customers, are some of Wall Street’s most sought-after prizes. The recipients can often count on a quick gain, since bankers traditionally underprice deals to make stocks pop in early trading.

‘His Weapons Were His Hands’: California Model Says Epstein Posed as Victoria’s Secret Scout to Grope Her

"'His Weapons Were His Hands': California Model Says Epstein Posed as Victoria's Secret Scout to Grope Her"

Bolded by me. The gaps between Coney Island boy and corrupt billionaire are starting to fill in.

"A decade before sex abuse claims against accused sex trafficker Jeffrey Epstein first came to light, the math-teacher-turned-wealthy financier posed as a Victoria’s Secret talent scout ..."

There isn't enough brain bleach in the world to wipe out the EEEEEEWWWWWW from this.

Usually I'm indifferent as to whether a prisoner offs himself in jail, but in this case I want Epstein to suffer every day of his hopefully very long and miserable life with the squalor, bad food, noise, and discomfort of jail. I can think of no better punishment for someone who has lived a life of privilege, entitlement, and special treatment.

There isn't enough brain bleach in the world to wipe out the EEEEEEWWWWWW from this.

Usually I'm indifferent as to whether a prisoner offs himself in jail, but in this case I want Epstein to suffer every day of his hopefully very long and miserable life with the squalor, bad food, noise, and discomfort of jail. I can think of no better punishment for someone who has lived a life of privilege, entitlement, and special treatment.
All that....plus: I want him to face the fact that not everyone is corrupt and he's not the only smart person on the planet. I want this case handled honestly and ethically, and I sure hope it is.

jmo

This article points out concerns that Wexner’s associates had about Epstein and the POA. I reeeeaallly want to ask attorney Robert S Schwartz what HE was thinking about the POA he put together! Above all, I’d like to know what Wexner was thinking and why he gave over control to Epstein. What did Epstein have on Wexner?!

Arden’s allegations raise disturbing new questions about what some describe as Epstein's “total control” over Leslie H. Wexner, the billionaire businessman and CEO of L Brands, the parent company of Victoria’s Secret.

Two former executives of the company told the Times alarm bells went off when it was learned that Epstein was attempting to get involved in recruiting lingerie models for Victoria’s Secret in the 1990s. Wexner is said to have been informed of the situation and promised to take care of it, they said, but he didn’t cut ties with Epstein until years later."

And in the meantime, they said, he surrendered almost total control to Epstein, shocking those closest to him, who said they were mostly isolated from Wexner once Epstein came along.

Perhaps the most drastic step of all came in 1991, when Wexner signed a power of attorney giving Epstein “full power and authority to do and perform every act necessary.”

Epstein also went on to take on leadership positions in two of Wexner’s foundations. Epstein had control of Wexner’s financial affairs for the next 16 years, and he managed to scoop up assets previously owned by Wexner or his companies during that period...

Seriously?

Epstein was put in a cell with a cop that’s accused of killing 4 men? Did the power go out at the jail when this happened?

I’m not sure we know if they are actual cell mates or just in the same section, do we? I may have missed it.

This article points out concerns that Wexner’s associates had about Epstein and the POA. I reeeeaallly want to ask attorney Robert S Schwartz what HE was thinking about the POA he put together! Above all, I’d like to know what Wexner was thinking and why he gave over control to Epstein. What did Epstein have on Wexner?!

Arden’s allegations raise disturbing new questions about what some describe as Epstein's “total control” over Leslie H. Wexner, the billionaire businessman and CEO of L Brands, the parent company of Victoria’s Secret.

Two former executives of the company told the Times alarm bells went off when it was learned that Epstein was attempting to get involved in recruiting lingerie models for Victoria’s Secret in the 1990s. Wexner is said to have been informed of the situation and promised to take care of it, they said, but he didn’t cut ties with Epstein until years later."

And in the meantime, they said, he surrendered almost total control to Epstein, shocking those closest to him, who said they were mostly isolated from Wexner once Epstein came along.

Perhaps the most drastic step of all came in 1991, when Wexner signed a power of attorney giving Epstein “full power and authority to do and perform every act necessary.”

Epstein also went on to take on leadership positions in two of Wexner’s foundations. Epstein had control of Wexner’s financial affairs for the next 16 years, and he managed to scoop up assets previously owned by Wexner or his companies during that period...

I don't know if Epstein had something on Wexler (likely) or that Wexner had some dirty business that Epstein agreed to hide.

Or both.

jmo

I don't know if Epstein had something on Wexler (likely) or that Wexner had some dirty business that Epstein agreed to hide.

Or both.

jmo

Both, IMO. Vile as he was (and is), he was clearly charismatic and convincing in pursuit of wealth and connections within the worlds of extreme wealth and power, as evidenced by the ringing endorsements of his charm and brilliance we've seen from those who were in his orbit.

Part of that charm, I suspect, was in effectively mimicking and mirroring the ideas and worldviews of those he wanted to impress, without adding much of substance to any conversation -- the bits and pieces I've seen of JE's "brilliance" in print are pretty lame, but waffly enough to pass as clever. This guy was a textbook grifter and abuser, IMO, who just happened to grift and abuse in rarified circles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member