Match! NY - Caledonia, WhtFem 1UFNY, 13-19, Turquoise Necklace, Nov'79 *Tammy Alexander*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Helen Marie Green has a thread in 1970s Missing now. Her nose is very similar to Cali's, IMO. Unfortunately there's not a lot of information about her.

IL Il Chicago - Helen Marie Green 12/13 - Missing 1971 or 1972 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I'm glad someone made a post; hopefully her brother will find it. I posted to him where I found his post looking for her but no reply.

Do they have any idea who gave them out and to whom?

They did not track the jackets.

I took a shot in the dark and contacted the woman who runs the website for missing persons in Australia. I provided her the link of our UID and she says that she bears no likeness to anyone in her missing database. http://www.australianmissingpersonsregister.com/
So I think we can rule her out from Australian/Aboriginal descent.
More things to consider: Eskimo descent, Native American descent.
I've read articles that Native Americans like to "handle their own business" so to speak. To keep federal gov't off their land. She may have went missing from a reservation and just not reported. (which I think may be the consensus around here..)
I'm going to scour websites of Tribes in US and Canada to see if they make their own missing flyers. JMO Good Sluething guys, and Good Luck :)

I entered search fields of 1971-1979 for canadas missing persons..even though she doesn't look Native American to me..neither does the UID. MOO
I just can't get over the freckles, strawberry wavy hair and smallish upturned nose. What do you think of a "grown up" version of Cheryl Hanson..1979 would have made her 12ish?
https://secure.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/missing-disparus/case-dossier.jsf?case=2010003699&id=10

That's a better possibility than most of the other recent suggestions. She'd be a bit on the young side, but definitely looks like she could have grown up to look very similar to Cali. Her hair might well have darkened as she got older, too.

Has CarlK done a reconstructive photo on Cali? I believe he's very talented and has an eye for these sorta things. If we can get her true complexion and an Idea of what she might have looked at with her eyes open and a smile, it would be easier. If she had freckles, it's more common that she would have been fairer skinned. Although, I've seen very dark complections with freckles too.(MOO)
O/T: My ex husband was 1/8th cherokee and there was still "telling things" about his background. Even though he had blonde hair and blue eyes. He couldn't grow a beard on the points of his jawbone, had hardly any body hair chest or back; and although he was considered "white" he tanned but never burned.
It makes me wonder if there was a strong presance of Irish/Scottish in our UID to get such brownish/auburn hair and freckles..and if you notice..it looks wet in the picture. I bet it would be a tad lighter if it were dry..MOO, of course..thinking out loud

Has CarlK done a reconstructive photo on Cali? I believe he's very talented and has an eye for these sorta things. If we can get her true complexion and an Idea of what she might have looked at with her eyes open and a smile, it would be easier. If she had freckles, it's more common that she would have been fairer skinned. Although, I've seen very dark complections with freckles too.(MOO)
O/T: My ex husband was 1/8th cherokee and there was still "telling things" about his background. Even though he had blonde hair and blue eyes. He couldn't grow a beard on the points of his jawbone, had hardly any body hair chest or back; and although he was considered "white" he tanned but never burned.
It makes me wonder if there was a strong presance of Irish/Scottish in our UID to get such brownish/auburn hair and freckles..and if you notice..it looks wet in the picture. I bet it would be a tad lighter if it were dry..MOO, of course..thinking out loud

I wouldn't rule out Native American genetics, especially a northeastern tribe. They tend to be a lot less dark than the plains tribes. Especially as only part of her ancestry. Most of us are a lot more mixed than we normally think of ourselves. My son and his fiancee did one of the genetic services tests just for fun -- turns out we've got some probably native blood about four generations back. And his fiancee, who is AA, found out she has a white great-grandparent.

So it wouldn't surprise me to find she's got almost anything in her genetic background.

Has CarlK done a reconstructive photo on Cali?

Yes, it was posted quite a ways back on this thread, but here it is bumped up.

a7f82610-6d89-4d17-874a-8e17a335b745.jpg

I know the nose is off (why doesn't family submit better photos???!!!) but when I saw this girl something told me to post. Same height; age; weight; hair; eye color is hazel but that can be mistaken for brown; right time frame and she is from Louisiana; several folks have mentioned the French creole thing. The area would fit in w/ the pollen found on the clothes and there was something else but my brain just cramped. Again, I know the nose doesn't look similar but please take a look. As always, thanks for your "eyes".

http://identifyla.lsu.edu/profile.php?id=683

I know the nose is off (why doesn't family submit better photos???!!!) but when I saw this girl something told me to post. Same height; age; weight; hair; eye color is hazel but that can be mistaken for brown; right time frame and she is from Louisiana; several folks have mentioned the French creole thing. The area would fit in w/ the pollen found on the clothes and there was something else but my brain just cramped. Again, I know the nose doesn't look similar but please take a look. As always, thanks for your "eyes".

I think with no dentals, no DNA and she is not in Namus she may not have been checked. The nose does not appear as turned up however IMO that should not stop the investigation. Speculation is that Leah was killed by a serial killer, but maybe she got away and or an accomplice or a different perp killed her. I would submit her to see.

I entered search fields of 1971-1979 for canadas missing persons..even though she doesn't look Native American to me..neither does the UID. MOO
I just can't get over the freckles, strawberry wavy hair and smallish upturned nose. What do you think of a "grown up" version of Cheryl Hanson..1979 would have made her 12ish?
https://secure.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/missing-disparus/case-dossier.jsf?case=2010003699&id=10

I agree with CarBuff. The timing gap is a bit of a long shot but the look is similar and not much else has panned out. If she was "raised in captivity" that could explain why no one knows her and why she would not have called home or reached for help if she felt threatened. If she was becoming more independent and older (perhaps out of his target range) her captor may have chosen to end it.

I think with no dentals, no DNA and she is not in Namus she may not have been checked. The nose does not appear as turned up however IMO that should not stop the investigation. Speculation is that Leah was killed by a serial killer, but maybe she got away and or an accomplice or a different perp killed her. I would submit her to see.

Photo of her alleged killer. He died in 1978

Police Officer Sought Car, Found Fugitive . - Google News
news.google.com/newspapers?...
Robert Carl Hohenberger, wanted in Louisiana and California, died late Wednesday of a bullet wound ...
You visited this page on 2/5/14.

Another photo

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=pv&GRid=82286022

Robert Carl Hohenberger is a name that likely still strikes fear in the hearts and minds of native St. Mary Parish residents who are more than a few decades old.

Hohenberger may have been Morgan City, Louisiana’s first known serial killer. No one knows for certain what caused the former California police officer to victimize and kill in the manner in which he did.

The body of one of his young victims, 16-year old Leah Rodermund, was never found, leaving her family with more questions than answers. Rodermund disappeared in March of 1978 while on her way to a drugstore in Morgan City. Her parents reportedly received a ransom call from Hohenberger, but never heard from their daughter again.

http://www.examiner.com/article/morgan-city-louisiana-serial-killer-profile-robert-carl-hohenberger

My first inclination is to say no way is that the girl in the postmortem photos, but with everything else lining up, I'm going to say submit her. Photos can be very misleading and these are old and not very clear.

Also, the murderer clearly traveled around enough that taking her from LA to NY is plausible. I can't tell from the examiner article whether he took his last victims to Washington state -- sounds like he might have.

Cali's blood type A- is relatively rare (6%) but type A is a much higher % in North American cultures. As high as 80% by some reports for the Blackfeet Indians. However I haven't been been able to find data on the rh negative factor. This would suggest some the possibility of some Native American heritage. Although there are some other populations with higher percentages of thpe A blood which seem to be recessive.

If someone with a NamUs account has time to enter her; please do. That will get the ball started.

I say submit or suggest to NAMUS. Praying Cali gets identified by the end of this calendar year.

I did mention both Deloris and Mary Leah to M. Burgess. It did not do a full write up but I did credit websleuths and the specific contributors. We will see.

I did mention both Deloris and Mary Leah to M. Burgess. It did not do a full write up but I did credit websleuths and the specific contributors. We will see.

I am sure that he will respond. But no telling when he will have time. In the mean time. But in the meantime talk amongst yourselves.

Three new rules out on NamUs marked with *. I am not sure what the multiple entries mean -- perhaps multiple looks? However it does look like there is activity.

First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA
Teresa Alfonso 1961 Florida
Lisa Borden 1960 Texas
*Mary Bostwick 1956 New York
*Mary Bostwick 1956 New York

Mary Bostwick 1956 Pennsylvania
Melinda Creech 1965 Indiana
* Alexis Duggan 1951 Florida
* Teresa Fitin 1957 Florida

Lorraine Herbster 1962 New Jersey
Eileen Hynson 1957 California
Nancy Jason 1958 Maryland