Match! NY - Caledonia, WhtFem 1UFNY, 13-19, Turquoise Necklace, Nov'79 *Tammy Alexander*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BINGO!
I think this is Cali!!!

Tammy Jo Alexander

5707f71d-7803-40da-ae8c-708df94c2ae5.jpg
a7f82610-6d89-4d17-874a-8e17a335b745.jpg

Just added to NamUs today.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/24778/0

Great job @Carl90245!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Sorry for any typos!

I have been an avid WebSleuths reader for quite a while, and I just want to say some of you ladies and gentlemen truly amaze me! Beyond the perfect match made by Carl, I am also fascinated by how the Florida connection was one of the first "hunches" on this board, back in 2005.
I have learned a lot from just reading these posts, and I just want to say THANK YOU for your dedication!

I'm really glad that WS is getting credit for this. In some of the other cases, the police don't even mention private volunteers and the media barely talks about their role in identifying the victim. I think it's awesome that they've publicly acknowledged Carl's work (and the work done by other WS members who've been following the case for years).

It also goes a long way towards dispelling the "bored housewives playing detective" stereotype, which is important because it could make LE more receptive to tips from online sleuths and less likely to just dismiss them.

Amazing, Carl. You rock! Ditto what Migmuu posted above. I couldn't have said it better.

I just wanted to join in and congratulate everyone who helped to finally ID this beautiful young woman. This case and the Sumter County Does (aka Mystery Couple from South Carolina) have always been the two cases I have gravitated towards. To see a case this old finally get solved after 35 years gives me a renewed hope that the mystery couple who were lost only 3 years earlier a chance to finally get their names returned to them.

Just a few other things I'd like to say.

1. It's amazing to me that having seen the post mortem photo of Tammy as well as the various renderings done over the years, I never would have guessed based on the only known photo we have of Tammy, that they were the same person. I don't know if I focus on the whole picture and not individual areas of the face where they match, but I am glad there are more observant people out there that notice these things and put the two together. I do believe they are the same person, but I am just terrible at matching up people. I go off details and pretty much ignore pics to an extent. I suppose that in death, a lot of things change in the face and I wonder if others like me who know of missing people really expect to see them as their were in life if they ever come across pictures of the dead that they think might be their lost love ones.

2. I am sorry if this appears to angry at such a joyous time, but part of me hopes the SOB that did this is just alive enough to see this as he is rotting in jail on another charge or in some horrible place and he will have some time to dwell on what he did before he meets his maker. I do not know if Tammy had ID on her, but having read that her pockets were turned inside out suggests that this person made an attempt to make things harder for LE to ID her with. I am thrilled that he failed at this and that good people have prevailed.

3. Having only been on this site a little over a year (lurking before joining) I am amazed at how this case and hopefully the Grateful dead doe may have finally been ID'd. I firmly believe in social media and the internet that we can be the advocates for these unidentified people. I realize this sort of thing only appeals to a small portion of people, but the time and energy we spent talking and researching, I really think we can make more pushes and hope we do so to get these other unidentified people out there because there are still people out there that can help us and know these people, but because they don't know about this and other communities they will never be able to help us. Really hoping that some more computer savvy people out there will try to raise some awareness for these people and I hope these stories get into the news more so that other people will come forward with a lost loved one or friend that may have never gotten the attention they deserve.

Some of us (me included) spent WAAAAYYY too much time in our childhoods reading girl detective series books and watching too many cartoons featuring an always hungry large dog. But all those hours can be put to good use on this website. Congratulations to Carl and SSA!!!!!!

WAIT, WAIT, Lucas had a station wagon and admitted to killing Cali Doe, hmmm.

http://98.139.236.92/search/srpcach..._&icp=1&.intl=us&sig=T6hsOPRSmuk3F2_FlvycqA--
Lucas was a little taller than the description but it is not out of the question. Some photos of Lucas do resemble the sketch, but his appearance varied a lot. He would have been in his 40s at the time. He confessed to many killings he could not have committed, but perhaps he did tell the truth occasionally just to throw everyone off. Anyone know if he was in prison at the time?

Carl, congratulations on this one!

BTW, my first thought was that the sketch looks like Harry Potter.

Good job, Carl and everyone involved in getting this girl identified. I always had a feeling that she was from Florida. When Carl posted that picture of Tammy, as a possible match to Cali, I immediately thought, "You know? That could be her!" I'm so glad we now know who she is. I'm so sorry about what happened to Tammy. May they find who did this to her, and bring him to justice if he's still alive.

I pray for God's peace and comfort for Tammy's family, friends and all of those who knew her and loved her. I'm so sorry for your loss.

I'm really glad that WS is getting credit for this. In some of the other cases, the police don't even mention private volunteers and the media barely talks about their role in identifying the victim. I think it's awesome that they've publicly acknowledged Carl's work (and the work done by other WS members who've been following the case for years).

It also goes a long way towards dispelling the "bored housewives playing detective" stereotype, which is important because it could make LE more receptive to tips from online sleuths and less likely to just dismiss them.

Not to mention the Jennifer Ramsaran case, where her husband called us "internet predators." He was convicted of her murder this past Fall and is now sitting in the Elmira Correctional Facility. :jail:

Here is another photo of Tammy provided by her sister.

3b0164c9-9e62-4c00-b0b1-dd1e8034f37e.jpg

... and here she is next to my recon for comparison:

7740e25f-58b3-42e2-9351-2d64c7afc0d9.jpg

I can just imagine her dancing around singing Rod Stewart's Blondes Have More Fun.

Her friend said that was her favorite song.

Here is another photo of Tammy provided by her sister.

3b0164c9-9e62-4c00-b0b1-dd1e8034f37e.jpg

... and here she is next to my recon for comparison:

7740e25f-58b3-42e2-9351-2d64c7afc0d9.jpg

I saw this photo on Facebook and it gave me chills. It looks so much like your recon and so much like how I've always pictured "Cali".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay