Match! NY - Caledonia, WhtFem 1UFNY, 13-19, Turquoise Necklace, Nov'79 *Tammy Alexander*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This makes me feel better about her case honestly. I hate to wonder how many missing persons reports just weren't/aren't taken seriously. I'm glad to know they did care.

I'm writing my own statement for Cali's FB page today. My 17 month old grandson has had a stomach virus since Thursday; my daughter is now coming down with it. To top it off she had appointments yesterday afternoon; then NJ got hit with snow. lol I've shoveled; daughter is set up; grandson hopefully will go for a nap shortly; then maybe I can write something out before rushing around for my hub to fly home.

Her sister will be doing a few interviews today; so she is going to have her day too. Praying they print all that she says. We have posted that Pam told us her parents did file a missing person's report. I really do not feel FL law enforcement can say either way whether a report was taken & purged like Michelle Knight (Ariel Castro's victim) or that they refused because she had run away before. I feel it is very unfair to say either way because her parents are not alive to defend themselves to set the record straight

I think what happened yesterday was the NY team did not know the full story. I also feel that they failed Tammy with the bad recons. Had they been better; someone may have caught it the many times they plastered Florida with her image. Praying for justice that her killer is caught; can't believe they did not figure it out before her identity was released. I know they tried

I'm writing my own statement for Cali's FB page today. My 17 month old grandson has had a stomach virus since Thursday; my daughter is now coming down with it. To top it off she had appointments yesterday afternoon; then NJ got hit with snow. lol I've shoveled; daughter is set up; grandson hopefully will go for a nap shortly; then maybe I can write something out before rushing around for my hub to fly home.

Her sister will be doing a few interviews today; so she is going to have her day too. Praying they print all that she says. We have posted that Pam told us her parents did file a missing person's report. I really do not feel FL law enforcement can say either way whether a report was taken & purged like Michelle Knight (Ariel Castro's victim) or that they refused because she had run away before. I feel it is very unfair to say either way because her parents are not alive to defend themselves to set the record straight

I think what happened yesterday was the NY team did not know the full story. I also feel that they failed Tammy with the bad recons. Had they been better; someone may have caught it the many times they plastered Florida with her image. Praying for justice that her killer is caught; can't believe they did not figure it out before her identity was released. I know they tried

I just watched an interview that a news group had with Tammy's sister (interview via phone) she sounded so sad that the Police said that no one ever looked for her. It breaks my heart for her.

I think the best reconstruction of Cali/Tammy is the one that Carl did.

In response to a question about what Tammy's personality was like, and her musical tastes, etc. Her friend replied:

Tammy was in the Future Business Leaders of America in High School, she had talked of going to the University of Florida, she said she was planning on marrying Kevin W. when she turned 18, her favorite song was Rod Stewart Blondes have more fun, she was very outgoing, not a shy bone in her, she loved chatting on the CB radio with the truckers.

Well done Carl, amazing work! I'm from England and only became aware of this case yesterday. I sat and read the whole thread whilst awaiting the results. Just goes to show how important sites such as this are. The police in any area have enough going on to have the time to work on cold cases unfortunately. Congratulations again Carl and other sleuths involved! What a result. Fly high Tammy Jo.

To be fair to the artists, the Tammy in the school photo doesn't look like the Tammy in the postmortem photos. I actually think this girl resembles the postmortem photos more than Tammy did.

I think the gunshot did so much damage to her skull that it literally changed her face a bit. Most notably her nose and the right side of her face, which looks "caved in" a little (for lack of better words). The artists had to try to piece together what her face would've looked like when she was alive, and they all came to different estimations. Forensic art isn't really a science and, like all art, much of it is up to the creator's own interpretation.

And all of them did come out resembling Tammy (except for that old NCMEC one where they practically gave her a snout). IMO, Carl's recon and the most recent NCMEC ones were the closest. I think they all did the best they could with what they had.

Fox News had it on this AM about Cali. I about fell out of my chair because I didn't think we would know this soon. WTG Carl, SSA, Rose and all. Jason, Tammy....who's next?

BINGO!
I think this is Cali!!!

Tammy Jo Alexander

5707f71d-7803-40da-ae8c-708df94c2ae5.jpg
a7f82610-6d89-4d17-874a-8e17a335b745.jpg

Just added to NamUs today.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/24778/0

This is history right here.The discovery that this was Tammy Jo Alexander.

September 24 2014, 8:21 PM.

Post Number 1482

Page 60 of this thread.

Thank you for giving this girl her name back and her sister and friend answers they needed! If her killer is out there I hope he lives in fear of getting that knock at his door every day for the rest of his miserable life, and if he has met his maker I hope he has to look at Tammy with her beautiful angel wings from whatever pit he is spending his eternity in.

I never cease to be amazed at what the people here accomplish! The fact that Tammy got her name back, and it appears grateful doe may have his back shortly just blows my mind! Y'all are truly AMAZING!

Carl's avatar sealed it for me too:) BTW YOU ROCK CARL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In response to a question about what Tammy's personality was like, and her musical tastes, etc. Her friend replied:
"Tammy was in the Future Business Leaders of America in High School, she had talked of going to the University of Florida, she said she was planning on marrying Kevin W. when she turned 18, her favorite song was Rod Stewart Blondes have more fun, she was very outgoing, not a shy bone in her, she loved chatting on the CB radio with the truckers."

That last sentence may be the key.

She had a name.
Her name was Tammy.
Speak her name.

Rest in peace, sweet girl. For 36 years you were loved by one group of people as Tammy and another group of people as Cali. And now we all both celebrate your return to your family and grieve for you.

She had a name.
Her name was Tammy.
Speak her name.

Now let's find out who did this.

Rest in peace, Tammy Jo Alexander....I call your name to the four winds.:up:

I am just so amazed at something so good and pure that was done here.

This is something that makes me believe in the good of humanity.
This is something I would love to learn how to help with.

I'm so happy that Cali was identified yet can't help but feel incredible sadness for the young lady that was Tammy Jo. So much life to live...such a senseless act of violence.

Grateful to her childhood friend for going that extra mile and filing the missing person's report. Grateful to Carl for making the connection. Grateful to her half sister for consenting to a DNA test...may she rest in peace and may LE somehow find who's responsible for her murder.

Just read some of the media stories on this - very cool that Carl is being publicly recognized for this!!! This is such a moving story!

Just heard the news! I knew Cali was Tammy when she was first posted here. Great job Carl!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Brilliant to see that Cali Jane Doe has been identified, and that there will be some closure for her family. Well done CarlK90245 and all at Websleuths, and I am so glad that Tammy's friend and sister came forward. Now Tammy Alexander can finally RIP *advertiser censored*

Said it before and I'll say it again. YOU ROCK CARL!

R.I.P DEAR CALI. R.I.P. DEAR TAMMY. GOD BLESS YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS.

NOW, let's all get back to work and find out who did this to this child.

God bless you sluethers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member