Found Deceased NY - Casie Weese, 37, husband says she walked away after they had flat tire, Apalachin, 1 Mar 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
more info:

The couple left the party in their car and started driving east on Main Street. They only traveled a short distance when their car broke down on Main Street from a flat tire, the trooper said.

When state police interviewed Casie’s husband, Ronnie Weese, troopers said they saw a spare tire on the car. They also said Ronnie Weese has been cooperating with the investigation. He told state police how he asked his daughter to call 911 to report her mother missing after she did not return home later Sunday, and how he and Casie had had a disagreement before she walked away hours earlier.

“They had some sort of disagreement and she walked away on foot,” the trooper said.

Casie Weese was last seen walking east on Main Street, away from the car and away from the party they had just left, the trooper said. State police do not know exactly where on Main Street the car broke down, but they believe it may have been just east of a bridge near Apalachin Creek.

State police did not say what the couple was arguing about or whether they had been drinking alcohol at the party before Casie Weese disappeared.

"I can’t speak intellectually to their level of intoxication,” State police Zone 3 Commander Capt. Erik Dauber said.

“We don’t know what her state was,” Dembinska added.

Dembinska said “there’s a lot of speculation” as to why Casie Weese disappeared, but state police are still trying to iron out all the facts.

New York State Forest Rangers will join the search efforts Tuesday morning.

Search continues for missing Upstate New York woman
His level of intoxication may be the reason he didn't call for help immediately. 1) Not thinking clearly. 2) DUI. JMO

And thanks for this update. It does explain a bunch more. She was not walking back to the party since she continued walking east.

His level of intoxication may be the reason he didn't call for help immediately. 1) Not thinking clearly. 2) DUI. JMO

And thanks for this update. It does explain a bunch more. She was not walking back to the party since she continued walking east.

He didn't call for help. The daughter called police later Sunday, at the request of Casie's husband when she didn't come home by then.

"When state police interviewed Casie’s husband, Ronnie Weese, troopers said they saw a spare tire on the car."
[...]
"Ronnie Weese told state police he asked his daughter to call 911 to report her mother missing after she did not return home later Sunday."
[...]
"He also told police he and Casie had had a disagreement before she walked away hours earlier, Dembinska said."

Search continues for missing Upstate New York woman

They left the party at approx. 1:20 a.m., traveled a short distance, then had a flat tire on Main Street. There had been an argument before Casie was last seen walking away, headed East on Main St. in Apalachin, NY.

When did LE interview the husband?
I get a sense from the article, that Casie was reported missing (by the daughter, as father requested) hours after she walked away. By that time, the husband should have returned home. Why did he not report her missing?

Last edited:
46adfe64-07be-490f-9b6e-4a44bb030f9c-Weese_Casie.jpg
f1e1f6f0-2253-4814-9b81-6e44b457dc91-Weese_Casie_2.jpg
1c4b361a-2977-4adc-9e06-eef5340d9467-image0.jpg

Casie Weese of Glen Aubrey missing after Apalachin party

I would like to know if the flat tire story was verified and if he fixed it or found another way home.

Well, according to the news stories, LE verified that there was a spare tire on the vehicle. We don't when it was put on the vehicle though. Could have been on there for a few hours, or a few days. I know a "donut" tire is only meant to be used for a limited number of miles, until a regular tire can be mounted. Who knows. But I don't like what I'm reading in these articles.

Dozens of police and forest rangers have been searching the Apalachin area for a Glen Aubrey woman who was reported missing.

New York State Police have been trying to find 37-year-old Casie Weese. She reportedly was last seen leaving a party with her husband around 1:30 a.m. Sunday.
Investigators were told Weese was last seen walking east on Main Street in Appalachia after the couple's vehicle had a flat tire shortly after they left the gathering.

A state police helicopter and canine unit were used to search for Weese on Monday.

Lt. Jason Cease said more than 30 people were involved in the effort to locate the missing woman. He said the search focused on the area around Main Street, along with Apalachin Creek and the Susquehanna River.

Searchers in a boat entered the river from a boat launch near the Millennium Bridge shortly after 6 p.m. Monday.

Cease said investigators were looking into several reports of possible sightings of the woman.

Members of the Tioga County search and rescue team will be joining the effort to find Weese Tuesday morning.

State police set up a command post at the Apalachin fire station on Pennsylvania Avenue.

People with information may contact New York State Police at (607) 687-3961.

Police Search Susquehanna River for Missing Broome County Woman

I know the link has been posted by others, but I found it interesting that there's been potential sightings, and also confirmation that Casie has muscular dystrophy.

Missing woman left disabled vehicle, husband: What we know about search for Casie Weese

K (Casie's daughter) has been frequently checking the New York State Police's Facebook page. A post informing the public of Casie's disappearance was published Sunday night, and has since received a thousand comments, four thousand shares and 762 reactions as of Tuesday afternoon.

Some commenters have reported sightings of Casie — including one in Waverly and one in Binghamton — and K has followed up with each sighting, contacting each person and reporting their sightings to the police. Ronnie also has driven around to search for Casie, and he drove to Waverly to pursue the lead.

"I just hope she’s not out there actually needing medical attention or she’s actually hurt," said K, who said Casie has muscular dystrophy and the disease could cause her muscles to lock up. "I just hope that she’s OK and she’s safe. But I would like her to at least know that she can call me and tell me that she’s OK."

Last edited:
Just seen this!! Anyone know any updates as of now?

Drugs could play a part in this. There have been cases of people walking off, stripping off clothes and later found deceased. Could account for the wait in calling her in missing, thinking she would go back to the party when sobered you. Just moo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
insanecobain
Back