Identified! NY - Central Valley, Harriman State Park, WhtFem 30-55, UP9736, dyed hair, mother's ring, May'84 - Name withheld

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thinking of this lovely woman both on the anniversary of her discovery and on Mother's Day. 34 years.

Rest in Peace.

Any idea as to why the new page?

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk
Namus just restructured and reformatted, so the links have changed. For now, the old ones redirect.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

We just ticked past the 36th anniversary.

Original
Original

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Jane Ann Porembski, added recently to NAMUS, reminds me of this doe. Unfortunately, information on her case is very sparse.

Original
Original

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Jane Ann Porembski, added recently to NAMUS, reminds me of this doe. Unfortunately, information on her case is very sparse.
I want to retract my above comment about how she was dressed, likely time of year. We don't know from what little we are told whether LE believes that she was shot at that location or just dumped there. Considering she's only wearing a bra and shorts, very possible she was killed somewhere else and then just dumped there, in which case time of year becomes irrelevant.

Last edited:
A few observations as I read through this thread...

The wedding ring was "resized larger"? Many women are given a husband's family ring for their wedding/engagement ring. Like, a man might give his mother's or grandmother's ring to his fiance or wife. So either the resizing could mean this or perhaps this doe could have gained wiegtht over years and had her ring resized? My fingers are certainly not the size they were when I got married.

The mothers ring could mean a lot of things. It could mean the tradional whereas it represents the birthstones of her children and one of the stones was lost out of it for various reasons. Or it could have possibly belonged to her own mother or grandmother and she chose to wear it as a rememberance? One of the birthstones could be her own as one of three sibs and she inherited the ring. I lost my own mother as a child and started wearing her high school graduation ring in my teens as a connection.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CindyW1974
Back