NY - Christopher Porco - Another Menandez situation? - sentenced

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Originally posted by SheerLuck:
She doesn't remember the attack and loves her son; which we all knew. What surprised me though was she remembers the yard work she did at noon that day, which was only about 14 hours before the attack. I know when people have accidents they can pass out and remember nothing about the accident, but I'm wondering if maybe sometimes in tramatic experiences people can experience some sort of self induced amnesia to where they block out something real unpleasant?

That is what I've thought all along. I think that it is obvious that she knew that her son had serious issues but, I don't think that she can actually go to the place where she could believe that her son, whom she raised and loved, would actually want to murder her and his father. It is easy for us to see but, not her. Of course if there was DNA or blood evidence, it might be a different story.

Wow,what a find. I feel for that poor family. I really hate defense atty's. They really are the scum of the earth(well some). This is just so remenicent of the Peterson trial its astounding. A sociopath,a parent unwilling to see the truth,splitting of 2 families who once cared for each other,and sleazy cheap defense tricks. I hope if and when Chris is convicted, Joan will come back to her family and not spend the rest of her days trying to defend her monster son. They will be all she has left.

Note- The letter is clearly from the Porco side of the family,I would love to hear more from her brother.

jannuncutt said:
Okay, you have got to see what I just found. Apparently, a Porco family member has responded to Upstream (a blog). This family member also has a blog, which is indicated in the link. I'd love to have some opinions on this!

https://mohawkvalley.wordpress.com/2006/08/01/porco-family-member-responds-to-upstream/
Jannuncutt; on the channel 13 blog; which by the way is very good; there are 2 posters who claim to be either family members or very tight with the family. One is them is the same person as the llink you posted here(porcocheckfinder) and the other goes by the name Insider. I've read their comments for 3 weeks now and they do appear to be family members(I suspect one is the uncle John Balzano), as some of their info is very accurate; but I haven't posted about them because both of them refuse to say exactly who they are. While I think they really are family members; there's no way to know for sure and I'm rather conservative by nature. But hey; to see how accurate "insider" is. He said this is the defense list to be called; let's see how he does; I bet he's right. From his blog: The other witnesses on their list include two hired-guns: a neurologist who will say Joan couldn’t have communicated that morning and a forensics expert to say that the attacker would have gotten blood on himself. After that they plan to call a string of character witnesses (no family) including the Polsters, the vet and his wife, Joan’s friend Marg, and some of Chris’s girlfriends. He also added, Oh- one last thing. Joan has told people that Kindlon has ‘a surprise.’ Being that the statutory window to present an alibi has come and gone, most of us think he’s just been telling Joan that to keep her from panicking.

jannuncutt said:
She refuses to acknowledge that Christopher stole her computer, even though that is indeed a fact.

http://timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=504567&category=&BCCode=HOME&newsdate=8/1/2006
On the blog; there are a lot of people with anger towards Joan Porco as they think she's trying to help her son; thus she might allow an axe murderer to be living free among us Albany/Bethlehem folks. He lives in Delmar but does most of his heavy drinking/partying in Albany. In fact this past weekend was the firstone since the trial began, that he wasn't seen drinking and having a great time; somewhere in Albany. As for Joan, my hunch with her is that she might really remember nothing from the attack and might really be telling the truth about everything. If she really wanted to get Chris off; she could have lied and said the attacker was a short fat guy or a black guy; but instead she says she simply has no memory, which leaves the door open to Chris being the killer. I think those e-mails submitted as evidence are very strong; as Chris broke off communications; she was getting very pissed off at Chris and even suggested he was mentally ill. Tomorrow the neighbor who saw the jeep will be the last witness for the prosecution(so I heard)

hockeymom said:
Wow,what a find. I feel for that poor family. I really hate defense atty's. They really are the scum of the earth(well some).

Hey hockeymom; you'll be happy to know that a friend of mine told me that the DNA expert held up very well against Kindlon. The defense gave Shanks a break today and Kindlon laid in prety heavy on the DNA lady, but she held her ground and was very confident in her work. She said the dna on the ticket eliminated 99.61% of the population, but that it was a match for Chris.

SheerLuck said:
hockeymom said:
Wow,what a find. I feel for that poor family. I really hate defense atty's. They really are the scum of the earth(well some).

Hey hockeymom; you'll be happy to know that a friend of mine told me that the DNA expert held up very well against Kindlon. The defense gave Shanks a break today and Kindlon laid in prety heavy on the DNA lady, but she held her ground and was very confident in her work. She said the dna on the ticket eliminated 99.61% of the population, but that it was a match for Chris.

Thats good to know. I think people are more knowledgable about DNA these days,and understand it much better. (unlike the OJ jury).
As for Chris out partying,that just speaks to his personality disorder. If you are innocent,and on trial for your life,are you going to go out and whoop it up?

SheerLuck,

You are so right about Chris' partying. I work in the Legislative Office Building in Albany and as you may know, we have college interns during session. They talked about seeing him out partying all of the time. They referred to him as "the guy who axed his parents". Thanks for the info about the channel 13 blog. I will check it out.

I just read through all of Joan's emails to Chris. Even before the crime,Joan was apparently in denial of her son's problems. I can't imagine my husband or myself giving any of our sons that much slack. It doesn't surprise me that she will not accept this now.

I think Mom has a combination of amnesia from her attack and amnesia from getting such a shock to her psyche that it was her son and it has blocked those memories out or should would go mad. JMHO

This is just my opinion of course; but I think today was a very strong day for the prosecution. The neighbor who testified that he saw the yellow jeep in the driveway at around 4:00 a.m.; had a very believable demeanor and was confident in his statement. He didn't get the brand of jeep right, which was surprising; as he's had so much time to think about his court appearance, but that's really not what matters. What matters is he was sure he saw the jeep there at around 4:00 a.m., which would place Chris Porco at the scene of the murder. When asked if it was Porco's jeep in particular, he said it was because it was the same jeep Porco drove when he lived at home all summer; his specific quote was. "he had frequently seen it driving through the neighborhood at a relatively high speed." If the jury believes the timeline is accurate; then they probably would find Porco guilty at this point Now we'll see what the defense has to offer. They can fight a good fight with the DNA, but that's just a one many pieces to the puzzle.

The judge has also made a decision that helped the prosecution. He told the jury that the time stamps might or might not be valid; they can decide for themself. Previously he had told the jury to disregard the time stamps. The time stamps fit the timeline perfect. 3 hours and 21 minutes from leaving Rochester campus to exit 24 and 3 hours and 26 minutes from when phone line is cut to entering Rochester campus. Cruise control at 74 MPH? The time stamps are right on each photo.

jannuncutt said:
SheerLuck,

You are so right about Chris' partying. I work in the Legislative Office Building in Albany and as you may know, we have college interns during session. They talked about seeing him out partying all of the time. They referred to him as "the guy who axed his parents". Thanks for the info about the channel 13 blog. I will check it out.
I've seen him out a few times with his girlfriend and her friends and he seems to really enjoy being noticed. This was in early July; after the trial started and he has a great time out. A real sick ticket.

hockeymom said:
I just read through all of Joan's emails to Chris. Even before the crime,Joan was apparently in denial of her son's problems. I can't imagine my husband or myself giving any of our sons that much slack. It doesn't surprise me that she will not accept this now.
You know, I got a different impression from Joan's e-mails to Chris. To me, she sounded frustrated, worried and at her wit's end. She was begging him to come clean with her and Peter.

Interesting that the Defense DNA "expert" was none other than Dr. Shields of Scott Petersons trial. From what I read he is a biologist and has not worked with human DNA. but with birds and sturgeon eggs. He certainlyly didn't help Scott's defense.

Got a3 day break and then a few more days and closing arguements. Most of the jurors looked completely bored with Shields and 3 of them even appeared to be nodding off. Hopefully they realize he's just a guy making a living testifying for the likes of O.J., Peterson and other murderers. Monday will have a private investigator who will try to cast doubt on the neighbor who saw the jeep in the driveway. I'm not sure how someone can persuade a jury that a person driving 15 mph with their lights on; would have trouble seeing a bright yellow jeep; that he was already familiar with.

For those curious what Porco looks like; here's a link from a friend of his with lots of pictures. Sure he's a sociopath, but I still think he might have simply been very angry and snapped. I don't think there was as much planning involved as most others here seem to think. Notice the pics and chugging of whiskey and his very wasted and drunk appearance(if the link stays working)

http://community.webshots.com/album/466099744QDBVOo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Senor710
Back