NY NY - Colin Gillis, 18, Tupper Lake, 11 March 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC, I don't think we have seen the actual police report from that evening, have we? I would like to see that. We need to see that. How would one get their hands on that?

Kadence, where are you? I hope you are okay, we need our insider back in this thread.

Still bumping for Colin. Thinking of him and his family tonight.

Also, a shout out to Team Colin. Everyone's welcome to join in the conversation! Let's do this. One thread, 22 pages.

It's been two weeks since anyone posted. Let's push his case up.

Hunting season will begin soon. Hopefully LE/newspapers will ask hunters to be aware of anything they may find...

[video=youtu;V1eKyEArNMU]http://youtu.be/V1eKyEArNMU[/video]

Such a likeable guy...so why are there only 22 pages to this thread???

Where is Colin???

:candle:

With hunting season coming I really hope that the family puts flyers up on trees at regular entrance points and parking areas. I have driven down SR-3 at least 10 times in the last few weeks and I have noticed that I can see further and further into the woods from the main road. I think that it is the perfect time for a new search. Most of the ground vegetation is dying so the ground is more visible and the leaves have not yet fallen. They will by this time next week though and the ground will be covered again. One other thing I have been paying attention to is just how dark that stretch of road is. There are no street lights at all and when a car passes me it is blinding. The car passing would never even notice if I swerved to the shoulder or hit anything because he would be long past me quickly. I think of Colin every single time I go down that road. There are so any small lakes, ponds, rivers and so much forest. He could be anywhere in there! :(

I wonder if/how the dynamics of the community of Tupper Lake is important to this case.
IMO, Tupper is a place where everybody knows everybody...and their grandparents knew each other too. Very small town USA. That can make for a great community but could it also be that nobody wants to fess up to anything they know because then 'the whole town will know I came forward'. That could make for some problems in a small town where everyone talks. I think Colin missing is likely a very touchy subject to many folks there. I wonder if that is why so little is being/has been said on social media and why his case seems to have stalled.

I think for this case to move forward, someone needs to talk...and I think that too many in Tupper are too close to the case and it's players, and too scared. That is just my opinion.

I am not intending to pass any judgement on the citizens of that community, just saying that the tightness of the community might play against solving this.

From following the case, I myself have some opinions on who might be involved...as we have subtly discussed...but the folks I am thinking about aren't necessarily people I might want to mess with, if I had to live in a community with them. Again, 100% my opinion.

I want to know who is investigating his disappearance? Is it the Tupper Lake PD? And, if so, do they have any familial or close ties to the players in this case? That also would not/might not bode well for solving it.

I think about Colin all the time! I wonder what the fight that evening was about? I wonder if Colin's success at 'getting out of Tupper' and going to college would have made him a target for those who were not able to (for whatever reason) do the same. Jealousy, on some level? Just a thought.

For guests who may not be familiar with this case...we could really use your help!! Colin could use your help. It's a short thread, please jump in!!!

andalso, good post. Dynamics can definitely skew an investigation. It's frustrating.

I'm always feeling there's so much more to this story than we know. It is eerily quiet.

I have a "clear picture" of Colin pre-party, but after that, NADA, NIL.

andalso, good post. Dynamics can definitely skew an investigation. It's frustrating.

I'm always feeling there's so much more to this story than we know. It is eerily quiet.

I have a "clear picture" of Colin pre-party, but after that, NADA, NIL.

BBM. I completely agree with all of tonight's posts! I'm sorry I'm late and missed the great 'discussion'. In my opinion, the ongoing silence speaks rather loudly!

[video=youtu;QFj4uuC6E7Q]http://youtu.be/QFj4uuC6E7Q[/video]

Lead us to a place,
Guide us with your grace...

:candle:

http://missing.criminaljustice.ny.gov/missing-college-student/colin-gillis

He was also carrying an orange LL Bean backpack containing a red and black coat. Colin was attending Brockport State College.

BBM: So, his missing poster states the backpack did contain his coat, so guess that answers our question of 'what was in the backpack?' How did we miss that?

SO Colin left the party on foot in the early hours that March morning --- WALKING WITHOUT A COAT ---- but he HAD one in his BACKPACK (that is missing).

WHY? Why would you leave on foot without the jacket you had with you when you left home???

(it doesn't make sense)

:thinking:

SO Colin left the party on foot in the early hours that March morning --- WALKING WITHOUT A COAT ---- but he HAD one in his BACKPACK (that is missing).

WHY? Why would you leave on foot without the jacket you had with you when you left home???

(it doesn't make sense)

:thinking:

If he was intoxicated or high...

Or he got kicked out?

Or left in a hurry?

Or it was already missing/he couldn't find it when he went to leave?

Any other possibilities anyone can think of?

Just reviewing..FWIW, I don't remember a woman seeing him on Route 3?

Also, they say there was booze at the party but dont know if Colin was drinking. His Aunt speak of the strength of the community & how everyone is family.

[video=youtu;4YtHvEFMj5w]http://youtu.be/4YtHvEFMj5w[/video]

Still thinking of Colin and wanting him to be found.

From the description of this town, it sounds a lot like the Colt Haynes, Molly Miller case out of Arkansas.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...nd-Colt-Haynes-21-Wilson-07-July-2013-2/page6

Inasmuch as that there is an element of people there who you wouldn't want to cross or would be afraid to talk because of some of the players involved.

That's the problem with small towns sometimes, as quaint and closeknit as they are, they will protect their own against anything.

Uh oh. Holy moly. Why are all the posts centered now? This is probably a stupid post cuz by the time anyone sees it, the problem will be corrected and the posts will be left justified again.

:bump:

WHERE are you Colin?

Someone needs to speak up!

Make an ANONYMOUS tip if you feel safer. Write a letter & print it from your computer, even send it thru the mail if need be. There are options. You have a means - pick one & just do it!

http://www.tupperlakepd.com/

Tupper Lake Police Department
53 Park Street
Tupper Lake, NY 12986
Phone: (518) 359-3776 - Fax: (518) 359-7356
General Email: tupperlakepd@tupperlakepd.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online