NY NY - Colin Gillis, 18, Tupper Lake, 11 March 2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bumpin' again for Colin! Someone knows something, we just need them to talk, maybe this forum may be their opportunity to do so. Moderators can we make this the next Spotlight Case? We need to find this young man and bring him home to his family, it's been too long. :(

It has been awhile since I last commented but I have never forgotten about this missing young man. A previous comment on here about it being possible that Colin simply crawled under some brush and succumbed to hypothermia makes sense..it sounds like the terrain can be difficult to search, and perhaps he has simply been "overlooked". Perhaps go back to the areas where he was last seen and his id was found and do a real thorough search on foot. It makes as much sense as my first thought that he was possibly abducted. I'd be curious to know why he left the party ON FOOT that cold night..why didn't any of his CLOSEST FRIENDS give him a ride home? The police need to share more information on these missing person cases in my opinion..if someone isn't found in YEARS then maybe it's time to get the public involved. I truly hope that another EXTREMELY THOROUGH search effort is made within the areas previously mentioned..you never know. One last thing..the newspaper editor that alleges to have seen Colin that early morning describes what sounds to me like Colin just wanting a ride..to get out of the cold night. Think about it..both arms flailing..says to me.."help me." I can understand his not picking Colin up in these "times" but I wonder why he didn't slow down..crack his window open..and find out what was going on. It was obvious Colin had no gun on him because he WAS flailing both arms. Just my observations and thoughts.

Something isn't right about Colin's disappearance, don't know what it is, but y'all have definitely got my mind thinking! Keep it up - don't give up, let's find Colin and bring him home! Still would like for Colin to be the next WS Spotlight Case. I know, sadly, there are so many to "choose" from :( I just want to find and bring them all home!

Something isn't right about Colin's disappearance, don't know what it is, but y'all have definitely got my mind thinking! Keep it up - don't give up, let's find Colin and bring him home! Still would like for Colin to be the next WS Spotlight Case. I know, sadly, there are so many to "choose" from :( I just want to find and bring them all home!

bbm

Did you email a mod to ask them if he could be put on the list?

So is my habit when I am starting to read a new thread, I read the first couple posts that provide basic information, and then post my very first impressions. Especially if it's a case that's been pending for awhile. In this scenario, my very first thought was that his young fellow was attempting to flag a car and got hit. The driver of the car panicked, and disposed the earthly remains. I certainly pray this is wrong. That's what I get based on the first few posts. Now I will go back and read the entire thread. Prayers to the family of this young man.

I *think* this area is heavily forested with undergrowth? I am a westerner, so someone please correct/inform me. I know they have done extensive searches but maybe he is still there?
I am not sure where else he could be. I hope he wasn't taken, but I am aware that it could be a possibility.

Does anyone know how far the wallet and the shoe were from each other? Are we talking within a few feet or much farther apart?

The left behind shoe and wallet roadside tend to support my theory that he was hit by a car and then disposed of. God rest his soul, and God lead us to this young man's earthly remains to give his family closure. I tend to think he could be found within 100 or so feet of where his shoe and wallet were found. In a ravine or ditch or sloped bank of some sort. He's close by I believe. Look closer.
Simply one person's random instinct and deductive reasoning.

Wanting2Help and Nursebeeme - thank you so very much!!! I hope that by making Colin a Spotlight Case that more Websleuthers will take a look at his case and find a way to bring this young man home.

rosesfromangels - your introspect is appreciated and I too wonder whether he was hit by someone. I suppose there would be time, given the nature of the area, for whoever hit him to dispose (I hate that term) of his body? But, also due to the nature of the area, if no one sees it happen, why stop and pick up the body? Evidence on the body (paint, etc. ?) Would there be signs of impact? I don't really know. Or he could be very close to where he was hit, as you suspect, but maybe in an area that is not immediately apparent. Searches have missed finding the missing before so I agree that looking closer is a good idea.

Once again, many thanks! Thank you in advance to other Websleuthers!

Hi Kadence - yes, I believe there is a very strong probability that you will find his remains very close to where his personal effects were found. Thinking on the missing person case of Mike Grefner, search parties must have walked right past his remains several times over the course of months and didn't see him. I think cadaver dogs should be taken to that area if they haven't already, or taken out again. I strongly believe he's there, and close by.

So is my habit when I am starting to read a new thread, I read the first couple posts that provide basic information, and then post my very first impressions. Especially if it's a case that's been pending for awhile. In this scenario, my very first thought was that his young fellow was attempting to flag a car and got hit. The driver of the car panicked, and disposed the earthly remains. I certainly pray this is wrong. That's what I get based on the first few posts. Now I will go back and read the entire thread. Prayers to the family of this young man.

I had the same conclusion after reading a couple posts and articles, I think he was hit and hidden not too far from where his few effects were found. I hope they can find him and take him back home to his family soon.

Wouldn't you think that the area around his shoe and wallet would have been well searched?

Wouldn't you think that the area around his shoe and wallet would have been well searched?

Hap- it's just really hard to find people in heavy thicket, dense territory. I use the example of Mike Grefner, the missing DJ from Whistler, B.C. The search teams checked the area where he was found several times using the grid method. They missed him. Hikers found him months later.

I believe this young man is close by.

I was just thinking of Colin today as I headed through the Adirondacks. I think that if he was hit that he must have been picked up by the person who hit him and disposed of elsewhere. I don't think that it could have been anyone close to the case because I would think that those cars have been searched a long time ago. My opinion now is that he was hit by a random stranger who was likely drunk or impaired and the driver panicked. I really wish that someone would just come forward so that Colin and his family can find peace.

I was just thinking of Colin today as I headed through the Adirondacks. I think that if he was hit that he must have been picked up by the person who hit him and disposed of elsewhere. I don't think that it could have been anyone close to the case because I would think that those cars have been searched a long time ago. My opinion now is that he was hit by a random stranger who was likely drunk or impaired and the driver panicked. I really wish that someone would just come forward so that Colin and his family can find peace.

Hi TripleA, many thanks for contributing to Colin's thread! At first, I thought like you did, and am still on the fence about it, but I'm wondering if someone was drunk if they would have the state of mind to number one, realize what they did, and number two, be able to collect themselves enough to pick Colin up, he might have been thrown from the road, and put him in his/her vehicle and drive away. One way I can see this happening is if there were multiple people in the vehicle, some who were less inebriated who "took charge" of the situation for their friend who hit Colin. The fact that more than one person may know what happened that evening is especially disheartening to me because it becomes a coverup where everyone is protecting each other which silences everyone. If this is the situation, I wish someone would, as you do, come forward so that Colin and his family can find the peace they so deserve, it's NEVER too late to make the right choice.

Bumpin' for Colin! Any other WSers wish to help out? Your help would be appreciated, especially those here who are experts! Thanking you in advance!

It reminds me of the Maura story up north. The girl whose car broke down and she walked away somewhere into the night. It's so sad that Colin's parents have to go through this and not know what happened to their boy. I don't know his time of birth, but I do believe he is dead. Perhaps by another's hand.

I lost my daughter too, so I know the heartache they are experiencing. There is nothing in the world like it. It ends a part of you too. Forever.
But perhaps if they only look to their dreams, they will dream of him and he will console them.

Bumpin' for Colin! Any other WSers wish to help out? Your help would be appreciated, especially those here who are experts! Thanking you in advance!

I am no expert, but will strongly reinforce the idea he is cl I se to where his possessions were found. Cadaver dogs should be considered.

I hate the thought of another winter with Colin still out there somewhere....

The link to Colin's Charley Project listing which SheWhoMustNotBeNamed posted in 2012:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/gillis_colin.html

Also, I wanted to say that my last post requesting expert WSers to look at Colin's case did not exclude those of you that are already experts who have posted for Colin. Looking back, I realize that my post may have made me look like a butthead. :(

The link to Colin's Charley Project listing which SheWhoMustNotBeNamed posted in 2012:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/gillis_colin.html

Also, I wanted to say that my last post requesting expert WSers to look at Colin's case did not exclude those of you that are already experts who have posted for Colin. Looking back, I realize that my post may have made me look like a butthead. :(

Lol....not at all. Hugs. :seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member