NY NY - Colin Gillis, 18, Tupper Lake, 11 March 2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snipped from above...Rob Gillis said state police are still following up on a lot of leads that come their way, and much of the information they can't share with the family.

"They filter it; they follow up; they cannot really discuss it," he told the Enterprise. "So far, nothing."

Unfortunately after this amount of time I assume Colin is no longer with us. I really thought he would be found this hunting season... After the 1st couple of weeks when he didn't show up, I thought maybe he was hit by a random car and the driver panicked and dumped him somewhere. Now I'm not so sure. Would a random stranger take the time to hide him so well that 10 months later he has still not been found? I also wonder about him falling through the ice but I'm not sure about that either. They would have been able to see any break in the ice right away. If they had they wouldn't still be continuing land searches...

I have heard that there have been Search and Rescue, Forest Rangers, LE, Firefighters, hunters, hikers, etc that have been continuing to search for him on there own. Where are you Collin???

Thoughts?

W2H - even tho LE said they aren't involved, my thoughts go back to these two dirty rotters - admittedly in the area the night Colin magically vanished into thin air:

snipped...Davison said there's no reason to believe the investigation into the disappearance of Burns and Roberts is connected to the search for 18-year-old Colin Gillis of Tupper Lake.

snipped...Police said Roberts initially told them she was in an auto accident but later said that wasn't true.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NY NY - Colin Gillis, 18, Tupper Lake, 2am on 11 March 2012

ETA: Another thought - Ive also considered IK as possibly involved based on his cabin upstate and a cache of 'trade tools' hidden in that neck of the woods also.

http://pressrepublican.com/0100_news/x254598196/Colin-Gillis-missing-for-one-year

It has been one year since Colin Gillis disappeared after a party at a private home on Paskungameh Road.

The 18-year-old college student was on spring break from the College at Brockport.

March 4 was his 19th birthday.

Snipped...
...A pre-med student, Colin was last seen walking along State Route 3 at about 1:45 a.m. March 11 last year.

His cellphone logged a call at 1:30 a.m., according to State Police.

...“The police have had success using these types of road signs in the past few years. Maybe at a later date, we might move them to other communities, to the west, toward Watertown.”

That is the direction Colin was headed early in the morning of March 11, 2012.

At least one eyewitnesses saw a young man fitting his description walking toward Piercefield at about 1:45 a.m. The witness reported the siting to State Police, who responded to search along the roadway and found no one.

During hunting season, DEC encouraged hunters to keep an eye out for any sign of the missing college student.

So who else crossed paths with Colin that early morning one year ago...???

http://www.whec.com/news/stories/s2543358.shtml

"...Despite a massive search this week, 18-year-old Colin Gillis is still missing. ... have found two of his belongings one of which was a shoe...."

The above quote was in the story when I first read it, but the story has since been updated to remove the quote about the shoe...I wonder why?...was the information incorrect or did the police not want that information to be released publicly? I did not get a screen cap of the original story...what I quoted above is what I got on search results page when I googled Colin Gillis shoe....the story today says nothing about a shoe.

http://brockport-spencerport.whec.com/
"...Forest rangers and family members are still working to find a missing student..."

I am starting to be really worried that foul play was involved...what happened to Colin?

http://www.whec.com/news/stories/s2535269.shtml

"..News10NBC talks to the person who may have been the last to see the missing Brockport student..."

I do not think this witness had anything to do with Colin's disappearance...in fact the witness was traveling with his elderly mother in the car and drove straight to the police station after seeing Colin.

What happened?

bumping...

Police Still Following Leads In Missing Teen Case

In the 12 months that Colin Gillis has been missing, his uncle and other family members have been putting up missing person posters with his picture and holding out hope he will be found.

[snip]

State Police investigators say while no new clues or signs of the teen have surfaced, the investigation remains ongoing and nothing has been ruled out.

"We've got not just one investigator or two investigators, but entire units working this case," said Captain John Tibbets of the New York State Police.

More: http://www.wwnytv.com/news/local/Po...-Missing-Teen-Case-196986141.html?skipthumb=Y

Just read this thread and have no reason to say this other than that feeling and MOO - bad cop.

:bump: for Colin...

TupperLakeMystery.jpg

http://killingkillers.blogspot.ca/2013/02/double-money-search-for-colin-gillis.html

so, where is he? have any of the other kids at the party that night said anything publicly? how his parents must be hurting over this........

I was in the Adirondack's this week and drove through Tupper Lake. On the way into and out of town they have huge billboards on the side of the road with Colin's picture and his missing/reward info. It is very surreal, traveling a very rural mountain road and then suddenly seeing Colin's bright smile looking at me. I can not stop thinking about what happened to him.
I drove down the road where he was last seen. Strangely, there is a "Gillis Realty" sign on the corner of the road and a house for sale by Gillis realty on the very road he went missing from. The road does lead to the water, but considering he made it off that road and was seen walking on a route 3, which is more of a main road, I can't imagine him turning back onto Paskagunamah Rd and making it all the way to the water.
I was surprised to see that he was not all that far from civilization but being winter when he went missing I am guessing some of the businesses and homes may not have been occupied at the time.
There were a number of desolate or abandoned looking homes and businesses in the area, I am guessing they have been searched? But there are a lot of areas one could be hidden in that area. My gut feeling is Colin was picked up by someone...but who?? and then what???? I do not think, IMO, that he ended up in the water. I also do not think IK stumbled upon him,

http://www.wcax.com/story/21568766/investigators
Serial killer Israel Keyes owned property in northern Franklin County and robbed a bank in Tupper Lake in 2009. But authorities say that based on a travel log compiled by the FBI, it appears Keyes was not in the area around the time Colin Gillis went missing.

I got a couple of photos as I neared the area and would have liked to get more but my cell car charger wasn't working. I also did not have cell reception and my phone battery drained quickly and died while it was searching and searching for a signal.

I feel so badly for Colin and his family and the whole community of Tupper Lake. Such a mystery, that needs to be solved!

Bumping for Colin! Let's bring this young man home!

I'm going to chime in on this thread. Over the years, I have found that lost individuals in cold climates tend to do two things. First is behavior found in some individuals with Hypothermia...they begin to shed clothing (shoe?). Second is that in an attempt to find someplace warm, they will burrow in under a pine tree or thicket to find relief from cold, wind and snow. If they expire, it makes them very hard to find. You are not looking for a person laying on the ground next to the trail...you are looking for a "lump" in the ground litter or using a flashlight to look into thickets, under pines and in any hole or cave. Many untrained or inexperienced searchers tend to miss this.

Bumpin' for Colin!! Continued prayers for an answer to his disappearance. Love to his family and friends.

Just read this thread and have no reason to say this other than that feeling and MOO - bad cop.

Wow - I can see where a person might get that feeling , I'm truly shocked by what's out there on the overall subject matter.

Honestly...

:thud:

Where IS Colin Gillis?

This saddens me! I joined WS during the mickey shunick case, which was a couple months after this man went missing, and I was just baffled by no real leads in this case. One shoe, one witness, and a DL is not much at all. I often wondered if he was "bumped" by the vehicle by the two (three?) people arrested in that area...the vehicle that was in an accident, then not?!?! I thought there were reports of windshield damage to that vehicle?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Damo