NY - Congressman George Santos charged with 13 criminal counts, May 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

A deal that involves no jail time?​

IMO:
I can't imagine Santos agreeing to doing any time because being the arrogant narcissist he is going to trial and swaying a jury would be a cakewalk to him.

'Former congressman George Santos expected to plead guilty to charges related to campaign fraud Monday'​

Source: CNN Politics

Updated 11:28 PM EDT, Fri August 16, 2024

CNN — Former New York Rep. George Santos is expected to plead guilty Monday to federal charges relating to fraudulent activity during his 2022 midterm campaign, according to multiple sources familiar with the deal.

Santos, who was expelled from the House last year, previously pleaded not guilty to 23 federal charges, including allegations of fraud related to Covid-19 unemployment benefits, misusing campaign funds and lying about his personal finances on House disclosure reports.

CNN has reached out to Santos, his attorney and the US Eastern District of New York prosecutor’s office for comment.

The expected plea would come months after his campaign fundraiser, Sam Miele, pleaded guilty to a federal wire fraud charge as part of a plea deal in November. His former campaign treasurer, Nancy Marks, pleaded guilty to conspiracy to defraud the United States by committing one or more federal offenses in October.'

Read more: https://www.cnn.com/2024/08/16/politics/santos-expected-plead-guilty-campaign-fraud/index.html

Come Monday we shall see.

Come Monday we shall see.

Will he get jail time? Hope so

Will he get jail time? Hope so
I can't see him ever making a plea deal where jail time is included unless his lawyer(s) finally convinced him that a jury trial would be disastrous for him.
Maybe he's trying for home confinement so he can continue making those stupid "Cameo" videos that people actually pay him for?
Then he can pay back whoever he scammed?
Not many sympathetic juries out there lately for politicians.
Trump and Mendenez come to mind, Bannon and Navaaro too.

I can't see him ever making a plea deal where jail time is included unless his lawyer(s) finally convinced him that a jury trial would be disastrous for him.
Maybe he's trying for home confinement so he can continue making those stupid "Cameo" videos that people actually pay him for?
Then he can pay back whoever he scammed?
Not many sympathetic juries out there lately for politicians.
Trump and Mendenez come to mind, Bannon and Navaaro too.
I had no idea he makes videos that people actually pay him for???
SMH

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paperdoll1
Back