NY - Congressman George Santos charged with 13 criminal counts, May 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

A deal that involves no jail time?​

IMO:
I can't imagine Santos agreeing to doing any time because being the arrogant narcissist he is going to trial and swaying a jury would be a cakewalk to him.

'Former congressman George Santos expected to plead guilty to charges related to campaign fraud Monday'​

Source: CNN Politics

Updated 11:28 PM EDT, Fri August 16, 2024

CNN — Former New York Rep. George Santos is expected to plead guilty Monday to federal charges relating to fraudulent activity during his 2022 midterm campaign, according to multiple sources familiar with the deal.

Santos, who was expelled from the House last year, previously pleaded not guilty to 23 federal charges, including allegations of fraud related to Covid-19 unemployment benefits, misusing campaign funds and lying about his personal finances on House disclosure reports.

CNN has reached out to Santos, his attorney and the US Eastern District of New York prosecutor’s office for comment.

The expected plea would come months after his campaign fundraiser, Sam Miele, pleaded guilty to a federal wire fraud charge as part of a plea deal in November. His former campaign treasurer, Nancy Marks, pleaded guilty to conspiracy to defraud the United States by committing one or more federal offenses in October.'

Read more: https://www.cnn.com/2024/08/16/politics/santos-expected-plead-guilty-campaign-fraud/index.html

Come Monday we shall see.

Come Monday we shall see.

Will he get jail time? Hope so

Will he get jail time? Hope so
I can't see him ever making a plea deal where jail time is included unless his lawyer(s) finally convinced him that a jury trial would be disastrous for him.
Maybe he's trying for home confinement so he can continue making those stupid "Cameo" videos that people actually pay him for?
Then he can pay back whoever he scammed?
Not many sympathetic juries out there lately for politicians.
Trump and Mendenez come to mind, Bannon and Navaaro too.

I can't see him ever making a plea deal where jail time is included unless his lawyer(s) finally convinced him that a jury trial would be disastrous for him.
Maybe he's trying for home confinement so he can continue making those stupid "Cameo" videos that people actually pay him for?
Then he can pay back whoever he scammed?
Not many sympathetic juries out there lately for politicians.
Trump and Mendenez come to mind, Bannon and Navaaro too.
I had no idea he makes videos that people actually pay him for???
SMH

A reminder of just what Santos was charged with.
It was reported last Dec.that Santos was in negotiations for a plea deal.
I still can't fathom Santos agreeing for any jail time and also can't fathom the state agreeing to no jail time in a plea deal.
???

May 2023 Indictment
October 2023 Superseding Indictment.

Congressman George Santos Charged With Conspiracy ...​

1723983780893.png
United States Department of Justice (.gov)
https://www.justice.gov › usao-edny › congressman-ge...

Oct 10, 2023 — “As alleged, Santos is charged with stealing people's identities and making charges on his own donors' credit cards without their authorization, ...

Congressman George Santos Charged with Fraud, Money ...​

1723983780942.png

May 10, 2023 — Santos Allegedly Embezzled Contributions from Supporters, Fraudulently Obtained Unemployment Benefits, and Lied in Disclosures to the House ...

I had no idea he makes videos that people actually pay him for???
SMH
George Santos joins Cameo app, charging $400 a video. ...

CBS News
https://www.cbsnews.com › MoneyWatch

Dec 6, 2023 — Disgraced former congressman has booked more than $170000 worth of work on the celebrity video platform.

George Santos is now selling drag videos on Cameo

MSNBC News
https://www.msnbc.com › top-stories › latest › george-s...

May 1, 2024 — George Santos, said he will be selling videos on Cameo as his drag queen persona, Kitara Ravache, with some proceeds going to charity.

George Santos announces OnlyFans account​

The Hill
https://thehill.com › policy › technology › 4730226-ge...

Jun 19, 2024 — Embattled former Rep. George Santos (R-N.Y.) announced Wednesday he was joining a new creative platform: OnlyFans.

George Santos joins Cameo app, charging $400 a video. ...
CBS News
https://www.cbsnews.com › MoneyWatch

Dec 6, 2023 — Disgraced former congressman has booked more than $170000 worth of work on the celebrity video platform.

George Santos is now selling drag videos on Cameo
MSNBC News
https://www.msnbc.com › top-stories › latest › george-s...
May 1, 2024 — George Santos, said he will be selling videos on Cameo as his drag queen persona, Kitara Ravache, with some proceeds going to charity.

George Santos announces OnlyFans account

The Hill
https://thehill.com › policy › technology › 4730226-ge...
Jun 19, 2024 — Embattled former Rep. George Santos (R-N.Y.) announced Wednesday he was joining a new creative platform: OnlyFans.
Why people hand over their hard-earned money to charlatans who are accused of financial crimes is beyond me, yet we see it happen.

I don't think a jury will be as generous when they hear evidence he ripped off donors while representing their district in Congress. (I hope they are angry at the local people who propped him up as candidate in the first place too.)

jmo

A reminder of just what Santos was charged with.
It was reported last Dec.that Santos was in negotiations for a plea deal.
I still can't fathom Santos agreeing for any jail time and also can't fathom the state agreeing to no jail time in a plea deal.
???

May 2023 Indictment
October 2023 Superseding Indictment.

Congressman George Santos Charged With Conspiracy ...

View attachment 525374

Oct 10, 2023 — “As alleged, Santos is charged with stealing people's identities and making charges on his own donors' credit cards without their authorization, ...

Congressman George Santos Charged with Fraud, Money ...

View attachment 525375

May 10, 2023 — Santos Allegedly Embezzled Contributions from Supporters, Fraudulently Obtained Unemployment Benefits, and Lied in Disclosures to the House ...

Here is what I have in my notes:

Santos indicted & charged (5/8/23) & arrested & arraigned (5/10/23) with 7 counts of wire fraud, 3 counts of money laundering, 1 count of theft of public funds ($24K) & 2 counts of making materially false statements to the House of Representatives.

Here is what I have in my notes:

Santos indicted & charged (5/8/23) & arrested & arraigned (5/10/23) with 7 counts of wire fraud, 3 counts of money laundering, 1 count of theft of public funds ($24K) & 2 counts of making materially false statements to the House of Representatives.
Plus Oct.2023 Superseding Indictment.

"CENTRAL ISLIP, NY – A 23-count superseding indictment was filed today in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York, charging George Anthony Devolder Santos, better known as “George Santos,” the United States Representative for the Third District of New York, with one count of conspiracy to commit offenses against the United States, two counts of wire fraud, two counts of making materially false statements to the Federal Election Commission (FEC), two counts of falsifying records submitted to obstruct the FEC, two counts of aggravated identity theft, and one count of access device fraud, in addition to the seven counts of wire fraud, three counts of money laundering, one count of theft of public funds, and two counts of making materially false statements to the United States House of Representatives that were charged in the original indictment. Santos is due back in federal court in Central Islip on October 27, 2023.'

Plus Oct.2023 Superseding Indictment.

"CENTRAL ISLIP, NY – A 23-count superseding indictment was filed today in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York, charging George Anthony Devolder Santos, better known as “George Santos,” the United States Representative for the Third District of New York, with one count of conspiracy to commit offenses against the United States, two counts of wire fraud, two counts of making materially false statements to the Federal Election Commission (FEC), two counts of falsifying records submitted to obstruct the FEC, two counts of aggravated identity theft, and one count of access device fraud, in addition to the seven counts of wire fraud, three counts of money laundering, one count of theft of public funds, and two counts of making materially false statements to the United States House of Representatives that were charged in the original indictment. Santos is due back in federal court in Central Islip on October 27, 2023.'

Oops - I see I DO have those also - per my notes:

Superseding Indictment (10/10/23) additionally charged & arraigned (10/27/23) with 1 count of conspiracy to commit offenses against the United States, 2 counts of wire fraud, 2 counts of making materially false statements to the Federal Election Commission (FEC), 2 counts of falsifying records submitted to obstruct the FEC, 2 counts of aggravated identity theft & 1 count of access device fraud.

I did not look far enough down on my notes....

Oops - I see I DO have those also - per my notes:

Superseding Indictment (10/10/23) additionally charged & arraigned (10/27/23) with 1 count of conspiracy to commit offenses against the United States, 2 counts of wire fraud, 2 counts of making materially false statements to the Federal Election Commission (FEC), 2 counts of falsifying records submitted to obstruct the FEC, 2 counts of aggravated identity theft & 1 count of access device fraud.

I did not look far enough down on my notes....
I just can't wrap my head around a plea deal from prosecutors that Santos would agree to that involved prison time.
Which is why I'm hanging in a state of disbelief until we see it.
They'll be a lot of backlash,especially from Long Islanders if Santos got away with house arrest, fines etc.
He committed some serious felonies.

Santos had 32 counts.

Is this going to be one of those deals where he gets to plead guilty to like 2 or 3 of the lesser felonies?

Nancy Mark's sentencing was originally scheduled for Sept and was adjourned until Nov, which indicates she had info on Santos for the prosecution which usually helps in giving one a more lenient sentence.

She was probably required to testify against Santos if he went to trial,common with plea deals.

'Former congressman George Santos expected to plead guilty'​

'The former lawmaker was ousted from the House and is expected to plead guilty to multiple felony counts Monday, according to a person familiar with the matter.'

'Days before the additional charges against Santos were brought last year, Nancy Marks, treasurer for the Santos campaign, pleaded guilty to fraud conspiracy and implicated him in a scheme to embellish his campaign finance reports with a fake loan and fake donors. The next month, another Santos staffer, Samuel Miele, pleaded guilty to a wire fraud charge, conceding that he had claimed to be chief of staff to former House speaker Kevin McCarthy to attract donors to Santos’s campaign.'

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leessa29
Back