NY NY - Corinna Slusser, 19, Queens, 20 Sept 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thank you for the welcome to websleuths everyone.

I've followed Corinna's case for a while. Because I can personally relate to her situation.
I was forced into the Vancouver British Columbia sextrade at 13. My father hired private detectives numerous times to locate me. I was held against my will by a group of pimps and passed around from pimp to pimp and forced to take drugs to be more productive and make more money. The longest I was gone was over a year, I was SO brain washed and afraid my loved ones would be killed if I ever asked for help. I had NO choice but to submit and comply.

Over the years, which felt like an eternity, I saw many young girls and women just disappear. On the street MISSING means many things.

Some of the young girls and women I knew were murdered, I knew a few of the girls/women that were murdered by Picton. One of my elementary school friends mom was on the list of missing women and was living a perfectly normal life with a new husband and other children.

A friend of mine was on the list and was found to be living in Arizona and was in and out of psychiatric units.

Bit of hope, I must apologize and correct myself, it's a missing Corinna Slusser Facebook private Group, NOT a page.

I don't believe that Corinna was or is a student at the university I mentioned. It only caught my attention because it said she left in 2021 and she went missing in 2017(?)

Im also not sure if Corinna's instagram picture has been changed.
But certainly her Facebook has been tampered with.

Hi and welcome @Jayla604. Can you please link the missing Corinna page? I don't think her Instagram picture has changed since her missing date.

Facebook "does things" by itself....Corinna never went to university, but she might have put her dreams/wishes on FB earlier on.....saying she was entering university. From the CP file...Corinna Paige Slusser – The Charley Project In 2017, Slusser dropped out of Bloomsburg Area High School one class short of graduation. There are other cases where this kind of stuff happened....If you want I can search for it....not have it on hand right now. I have lot's of FB friends saying they went to university such and such....and I know this is not true. It's throwing people off.

I also looked at Corinna's likes, and whoever is operating her page liked one of the MISSING Corinna Slusser Facebook groups.
Hi and welcome @Jayla604. Can you please link the missing Corinna page? I don't think her Instagram picture has changed since her missing date.

Facebook "does things" by itself....Corinna never went to university, but she might have put her dreams/wishes on FB earlier on.....saying she was entering university. From the CP file...Corinna Paige Slusser – The Charley Project In 2017, Slusser dropped out of Bloomsburg Area High School one class short of graduation. There are other cases where this kind of stuff happened....If you want I can search for it....not have it on hand right now. I have lot's of FB friends saying they went to university such and such....and I know this is not true. It's throwing people off.

I also looked at Corinna's likes, and whoever is operating her page liked one of the MISSING Corinna Slusser Facebook groups.

Do you mean on her personal FB page?

ETA = Edited to add (a few times)

Do you mean on her personal FB page?

ETA = Edited to add (a few times)

Last edited:
@Jayla604 Thank you for sharing your story and the additional info. So very sorry this happened to you. I hope you are safe now. The Pickton case is gruesome and shows that girls "on the streets" are very easy targets.

I see what you mean now with the changes on Corinna's personal FB account (University and liking the Corinna Slusser Missing FB site in the "Likes" list) It's kind of upsetting, because it's suggesting that Corinna is still out there somewhere (and not murdered). I don't believe she made the changes herself, but I could be wrong, so who has access to her personal FB account? I'm curious what her mother thinks about it. Did you see a reaction of her mother or aunt on all of this somewhere?

I remembered the missing case where the same thing happened with a graduation post. WA - WA - Ruthie Fawn Kindness, 20, Parkland, 7 Feb 2011 This was said about it:

Her facebook page has updates up until January 2011 just before she went missing. Then oddly there is one further update about her graduating from Cal State Northridge that appears to be from 2015, but when you look further actually says it was added Jan 2016. Wonder who had access to her page to add that?

My only guess would be that when she entered her school information there could have been options of start date and expected graduation date that she filled in. When the expected graduation date came Facebook automatically updated accordingly. I'm not positive if that's how that works though.

I'm confused now about the changed Instagram profile picture, because I was sure it's the same and I sadly didn't made a picture of it earlier on. If others are sure I go along with that. Maybe her mother changed it, putting in a more "decent" picture of Corinna, instead of a pot smoking person or Corinna in a bikini top. Just a guess.

I just remembered Corinna's case, went to check her instagram and now the profile picture was changed to a different bikini picture. This isn't something instagram can do by itself (info for anyone who has never used the app), someone definitely has her password and is changing the pictures (or she is but I don't think so).

I just remembered Corinna's case, went to check her instagram and now the profile picture was changed to a different bikini picture. This isn't something instagram can do by itself (info for anyone who has never used the app), someone definitely has her password and is changing the pictures (or she is but I don't think so).

Is it possible to put in a link? ....Thank you upfront.

Thank you!
Her mom on FB (in a private group concerned with finding Corinna) said someone got into Corinna's account and changed the profile picture and then she (The mom who also has the login I guess) changed it back (but now it was changed to a third picture). Weird and confusing tbh. I wish there were some actual updates on Corinna's case / whereabouts instead of just tracking what seems to be an instagram hacker troll messing with her loved ones.

Hello everyone, I'm the person who reported the sliced up clothing to the Bergen County NJ Sheriff's officers back in 2019. I pushed hard for DNA testing immediately, and it took months before NJ state police eventually sent the clothing to another state, I think it was Ohio..... to allow them to test for DNA out there because they believed at the time that they were involved in a crime. Unfortunately from what I was told back then, no DNA was found. This case still haunts me since it was never solved, and I still live here in Fair Lawn with my family.... looking at that small wooded area has ever since only evoked unsettling reminders, that someone sinister ...likely committed a terrible crime, and then that person hid evidence feet from our backyard. Likely buried in snow at the time, until it began to melt and my daughter found them while back there with my wife and her friends. I'm writing to see if anyone here has followed up in any way with the Ohio State police (where I belive the clothes are now being held) to see what, if anything new has transpired with the search for the women who was wearing that outfit. I also just recently began thinking about how large a network of people it took online to help find Gabby Petito...then realized, that even though the story of the clothes we found went viral on Facebook, and made some news channels..... it wasn't enough. Some girl who was probably in trouble, or potentially killed, was wearing that outfit. The bra, and underwear... complete with a panty liner, were included.... I believe someone wanted every shred of what that girl had on her body, gone. I assume they took the body somewhere else and made it more difficult for investigators to figure out who she was, or who killed her etc.... I've spent hundreds of hours staring out my window at the highway, day and night, trying to imagine any other reason for the clothes, in the condition they were found in, to have been discarded there..... and I've got nothing. I know it may never be solved, but like I said, maybe in the wake of the Gabby Petito case, we could get the story up front again to get more eyes on the photos I took of the clothes.... I believe someone, somewhere in the country knows the woman who left the house one morning, in that outfit.... and I can't help but continue to feel like it's my moral obligation to try, however else I can, every so often, to not let this sit cold and unsolved indefinitely. I figure this is a community that may want to help too. Thanks in advance. - Dave Carota

Hello everyone, I'm the person who reported the sliced up clothing to the Bergen County NJ Sheriff's officers back in 2019. I pushed hard for DNA testing immediately, and it took months before NJ state police eventually sent the clothing to another state, I think it was Ohio..... to allow them to test for DNA out there because they believed at the time that they were involved in a crime. Unfortunately from what I was told back then, no DNA was found. This case still haunts me since it was never solved, and I still live here in Fair Lawn with my family.... looking at that small wooded area has ever since only evoked unsettling reminders, that someone sinister ...likely committed a terrible crime, and then that person hid evidence feet from our backyard. Likely buried in snow at the time, until it began to melt and my daughter found them while back there with my wife and her friends. I'm writing to see if anyone here has followed up in any way with the Ohio State police (where I belive the clothes are now being held) to see what, if anything new has transpired with the search for the women who was wearing that outfit. I also just recently began thinking about how large a network of people it took online to help find Gabby Petito...then realized, that even though the story of the clothes we found went viral on Facebook, and made some news channels..... it wasn't enough. Some girl who was probably in trouble, or potentially killed, was wearing that outfit. The bra, and underwear... complete with a panty liner, were included.... I believe someone wanted every shred of what that girl had on her body, gone. I assume they took the body somewhere else and made it more difficult for investigators to figure out who she was, or who killed her etc.... I've spent hundreds of hours staring out my window at the highway, day and night, trying to imagine any other reason for the clothes, in the condition they were found in, to have been discarded there..... and I've got nothing. I know it may never be solved, but like I said, maybe in the wake of the Gabby Petito case, we could get the story up front again to get more eyes on the photos I took of the clothes.... I believe someone, somewhere in the country knows the woman who left the house one morning, in that outfit.... and I can't help but continue to feel like it's my moral obligation to try, however else I can, every so often, to not let this sit cold and unsolved indefinitely. I figure this is a community that may want to help too. Thanks in advance. - Dave Carota

Thank you for at least trying. Sad there wasn't any DNA found. At least we know that now. To jock our memory; are you able to post a picture of the clothes (once more)?

May 20, 2022. 'Missing' investigates small town girl's journey from cheerleader to sex-trafficked 'hostage'

In the next episode of 'Missing', Eyewitness News investigative reporter Kristin Thorne examines the disappearance of Corinna Paige Slusser, who went from small-town Pennsylvania cheerleader to sex-trafficked "hostage" in New York City, where she vanished almost half a decade ago.

According to police, someone reported seeing Slusser leaving the Haven Motel on Woodhaven Boulevard in Rego Park, Queens early one September morning in 2017. She has never been seen again.

Video embedded.

Welcome to Websleuths, Dave! Glad to have you here and on Corinna's case.

I really don't think Ishi or his girlfriend had anything to do with her going missing, aside from making her leave the motel.

The tiny bit of Yhovanno Peguero we see in "Missing" (Bit of hope's link above) made me very sus of him. He'd already assaulted her, and the day she disappeared she wanted to go and see him.
He knows a lot more than he's saying, imo.

DEC 5, 2022

Corinna Slusser

corinna_slusser.jpg

Corinna Slusser was last seen in the early morning hours of September 20, 2017, at the Haven Motel in Queens, New York. According to Corinna’s Aunt, Julie Anne Becker-Calf, two months earlier, in July – just as the 19-year-old was set to finish high school – Corinna contacted her mother and said she had met somebody who could give her a place to stay in New York City. Corinna left for New York with just her cell phone, ID, and the clothes on her back. Corinna was in contact with family and friends throughout the summer of 2017. Then in August, according to Julie, Corinna’s mother, Sabina, got a letter in the mail from the New York Police Department, addressed to Corinna. “It was a copy of a letter of protection notifying her that the attacker was incarcerated,” Julie told Dateline. “Sabina freaked out, called the NYPD and said, ‘What is going on?’” When Sabina spoke to Corinna about the incident, Julia said Corinna downplayed it. But the family was worried and started looking through Corinna’s social media pages with the hope of gathering clues as to what she was doing in New York. Julie says the reality was immediately obvious to her. “I called Sabina and said, ‘Oh, my God. She’s prostituting’,” Julie said. “One and one was making two. Everything was coming together. If you were to scroll through her Facebook, it was, like, an advertisement. Julie said she contacted her niece and expressed her concern. “I said, ‘I know somebody hurt you’,” Julie told Dateline. “But that was it. That was the last communication I had with her.” Her family said they feared Corinna had been entered into a sex-trafficking ring against her will. In November of 2018, authorities announced the arrest of Ishi Woney, 23, for sex trafficking and other offenses involving the sexual exploitation of young women, including Corinna. A press release at the time stated “Woney compelled his victim to engage in prostitution through force and coercion, and he used both this victim and Corinna Slusser, who has been missing since September 2017, in online advertisements promoting prostitution.” News4 New York reported in 2018 that Ishi was charged with the use of an interstate facility to promote, manage, and carry on prostitution, sex trafficking by means of force, threats, fraud and coercion, and with violating the Mann Act after being arrested. On November 26, 2019, Woney was sentenced to federal prison on sex trafficking charges, according to a spokesperson with the Southern District of New York U.S. Attorney’s Office. He confirmed that Corinna’s disappearance was mentioned publicly at the court proceedings. The NYPD Deputy Commissioner of Public Information spokesperson told Dateline in an email that they do not know Corinna’s whereabouts, and that the investigation is active and ongoing. The NYPD describes Corinna as having blond hair and blue eyes. She weighed approximately 140 lbs. when she was last seen and is about 5'7". She also has a large black flower-type tattoo in the middle of her chest. Anyone with information about Corinna's disappearance is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477) or, for Spanish, 1-888-57-PISTA (74782). The public can also submit their tips by logging onto the Crime Stoppers website or on Twitter @NYPDTips. All calls are strictly confidential.

This post touched my heart. Thank you so much for caring and for doing such good work. LE needs people like you on the forces. God bless you and your family

Fifth holiday season without any answers..where are you, angel?

Bumping in the hope of keeping this thread alive. I’m shocked at how little coverage this case has got. I pray that Corinna is alive and will one day be reunited with her family, but after this long..

I think it’s more likely she came to harm at the hands of an individual John or ‘small’ pimp like Woney than an organised network of traffickers. She was just a girl. It breaks my heart.

Fifth holiday season without any answers..where are you, angel?

Bumping in the hope of keeping this thread alive. I’m shocked at how little coverage this case has got. I pray that Corinna is alive and will one day be reunited with her family, but after this long..

I think it’s more likely she came to harm at the hands of an individual John or ‘small’ pimp like Woney than an organised network of traffickers. She was just a girl. It breaks my heart.
bbm. She's been featured on Dr Phil and the recent Hulu "Missing" show, there are several articles (including ones where her mother gave exclusive interviews) out there.
The problem is the general public, they are the ones not interested, imo.
Maybe they assume they know what happened or they have no empathy because they believe Corinna should have known better.
It's sad.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beyondthewallofsleep