Found Alive NY - CS, 9, last seen 6:15pm at Moreau Lake State Park, Gansevoort, 30 Sep 2023 *arrest* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
According to property records, Ross lived in the Saratoga Village Mobile Home Park on Rock City Road in the early 2000s, around the time White was abducted.

When asked about Ross’ earlier residency in that Milton neighborhood — which has a maze of small roadways that are lined with more than 100 mobile homes — Robinson said he is “aware of Ross’ prior addresses.”

“He and his family have lived around the west Milton area for a very long time,” the investigator said.

Christina White’s mother, Suzanne, said her family — her daughter and son, and their grandmother — had been living at the Rock City Road mobile home park for about five years when her daughter vanished just two days before her 20th birthday. Suzanne White said her daughter regularly took walks at night.

Suspected child snatcher Craig Ross kidnapped CS and held her for ransom in a sick bid to get hold of her late grandfather's fortune, an ex-girlfriend exclusively claimed to DailyMail.com.

Ross, 46, is accused of 'targeting' the nine-year-old girl after learning her grandfather, Patrick, had successfully sued the small town of Greenfield for $2.2million in 1998 over a sledding accident.

[...]

Patrick S, who died in 2015, had been sledding with CA’s father David, who was seven at the time, when they hit a bump and were sent flying. He suffered a broken pelvis and a spine fracture.

Amanda Preece, 33, a former partner of Ross, believes that the father-of-three held CS to ransom for $50,000 because of his financial struggles.

[...]

'CS's grandfather sued the Town of Greenfield years ago, and people around Saratoga are aware of this,' Preece told DailyMail.com.

'He's never wanted to work. He's always wanted to find people to mooch off of whether it be girlfriends or making his mother feel bad because his MS is so bad.'

I have a hard time believing this idiot who left his own fingerprints on a ransom note concocted something to this magnitude.

Personally think the ransom note was an afterthought once this became very high profile very fast and hitting national news immediately.

Guess we shall see.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kidnapping Rescue (copy)

Local experts say its a lesson for parents and kids to have good communication at all times

Sheldon Lyon, executive director of the St. Joseph Safety and Health Council, said the survival rate for child abduction goes down considerably after 24 hours. He said that parents can only track their children so much, so families need to encourage kids to do whatever it takes to survive if in a similar situation.

"If you go with someone that's going to abduct you, you're probably not coming back. So you encourage your child to fight at all costs. Parents need to talk to their kids and say at all costs, 'I don't care what the threat is. You don't go, whatever it takes you, get away,'" Lyon said.

A child goes missing or is abducted every 40 seconds, according to the Child Crime Prevention
While there's not one easy solution to lowering those numbers, Lyon said there are a few things parents can do to put their minds at ease when it comes to safety. Having open conversations at home is a good start.

"Stranger danger is a great topic to reinforce at home repeatedly as they grow until they do get the concept, because there are a few people out there that would harm your child if the circumstance were right," Lyon said.

"We want to keep our child doing activities in areas where we know they're likely to be safe rather than go into an area or go into a situation where they may be harmed," Lyon said.

Tracking services like mobile apps and even Apple AirTags (*note: special thank you to member who first brought this up, I‘d not heard of it) are also options for keeping an eye on children or their belongings.

"These things evolve quickly and we hope the child can recognize the danger ... Folks that do this type of illegal behavior are very clever and they use a lot of things that will attract children," Lyon said. "If (kids) want to go somewhere, understand where they go, where their friends live, what they do. Encourage them to stay in areas that have other people. We don't venture out by ourselves alone in a desolate area. We stay with the other people. We go in groups is a great idea, too."

Last edited:
Can you imagine law enforcement NOT looking into prior cases with a similar modus operandi?

I can't.

They must. And they will look hard.

Kidnapping a little girl out of the blue is heinous and we still don't know what transpired with little #CS or what was threatened.

Look hard LE. We are counting on it!

Looking forward to discussing tonight with @markgeragos @ChrisCuomo on @NewsNation.
#CraigRoss #C #CS
CA's alleged kidnapper Craig Ross Jr. faces scrutiny in unsolved murders nypost.com

Filling in for Cuomo on @NewsNation at 8pmET.

Latest on the man accused of kidnapping CS -- and new reporting he was after her late grandfather's fortune.

ALSO -- @JeremyCorbell joins me to talk about our UFO special coming up Sunday.

For everyone posting on social media regarding #CS, her family through CS’s aunt, has asked for the photo below to be used in place of a photo of CS.

CS’s photo going vital was imperative for finding her. Now, there is no reason to continue using her face. I realize some articles are still using her image, but I plan to only use this heart in lieu of her likeness. #victim #Kidnapping #NewYork

Amanda Preece, 33, told the Daily Mail that she thinks he was attempting to get a $50,000 ransom because of his financial struggles.

“That kind of money would set him up for around four or five years,” Preece told the paper.

In 1998, Patrick S won a $2.2 million lawsuit against the town of Greenfield, NY, after he was seriously injured in a sledding accident. He died in 2015.

Ross was reportedly behind on tax payments for a property less than two miles from CS’s home and was forced to move back in with his mother due to money problems, according to the paper.

Preece said was “evil” and even his own children felt he was a “monster.”

“He had been following her family, he knew where they lived,” she said.

Preece claimed that Ross could have met CS while taking his own daughter to softball games in the area.

He would also take his own children camping in Moreau Lake State Park, swimming and biking with his family.

"To go to the campsite where they were at, to know where they lived, and to go to the park when they are there. He definitely had this planned," she told the paper. "He's the type of person where he pre plans and it can be months ahead to do something."

Preece says she had a restraining order against Ross after he attempted to choke her in 2017.

“He always terrorized me and anybody he encounters where he feels that he is mentally stronger than them he will terrorize them,” she told the Daily Mail.
LINK

A clipping from the Post-Star newspaper from 1998 show that the Town of Greenfield received $1.8million of the settlement in two payments from their insurance company. The town paid Sena $242,500 directly.

Robert Stokes, supervisor of the town of some 8,000 residents, said in a press release at the time: 'Obviously we don't have $242,500 just lying around.

'We do have approximately $25,000 previously set aside to defend the case which can now be put toward the settlement, and we will try to find an additional $17,500 out of what is left in the 1998 budget.

'Our intention is to bond the remaining $200,000 over a five-year period to minimize the effect on Greenfield taxpayers. We are sorry that Mr Sena was injured.

'The Town Board, after consultations with its counsel, unanimously believed it was in the best interest of the town and its citizens to settle the case and move on.'

Does anyone here work in law enforcement? Is there a rule, a standard practice for what to do if you are guarding the home of a missing person? What do you do if someone approaches the home, or drops off a gift, card, letter? Does law enforcement have to read all the letters and cards? Are they expected not to touch them if they are in a sealed envelope?
I think it is easy for us to say I would have chased down the suspect or I would have not chased him and jeopardized the case. We all have our own instincts and react differently. I’m wondering if the experts who work in this field have a legal standard or a protocol of what they have to do. If they don’t maybe this case will suggest that it be furthered examined and considered if it’s ever needed in the future.
I’m guessing the dude was sleeping . Ever work at 4:30 am?

OCT 6, 2023
[...]

Police are investigating whether Craig Ross Jr. has any involvement in the deaths of 18-year-old Jennifer “Moonbeam” Hammond and 19-year-old Christina N. White, the Albany Times Union reported. The girls disappeared in 2003 and 2005, and their skeletal remains were found in Lake Desolation State Forest, some 10 miles from where they went missing in Milton, N.Y., where Ross lives.

Saratoga County Sheriff’s Investigator Matthew Robinson, the lead investigator on the women’s unsolved homicides, told the Times Union: “At this time, we have no information to indicate that he was or was not involved.”

“I can tell you that one of the investigative steps that we will take with regards to the ongoing investigation around Mr. Ross will be any association he has with any major case in the area,” Robinson added. “And that is something that we are actively working on. But at this time, we have no information to indicate that he is involved in any of those (two) cases.”

[...]

I’m having a hard time considering money as the motive even with the (apparently) publicly well-known payout to CS’s grandfather. I think if it was my ex who had done this, even if I already hated him, it would be far easier to accept he’d done it for money rather than because he was attracted to young girls.

Now, her loved ones are likely focused on her recovery from the harrowing ordeal, Hambrick says.

She says the 48 hours that CS was allegedly held captive by Ross likely scrambled her sense of time — which could delay her emotional response to it.

"Was it five minutes? Was it five years? Your body's in this zone where survival is the only thing that matters, and even time doesn't matter," she says. "It can also take time after the event to know what the impact and effect will be."

Hambrick says trauma often emerges from experiences that overwhelm a child's coping mechanisms, with kidnapping undoubtedly falling into this category.

"Someone has taken away your agency, they've taken away all of your safety and comfort, they've taken away your ability to predict the future," she says, adding that children typically exhibit strong stress responses during abductions — "fight, flight or freeze" reactions.

After abducted children have been returned to safety, an initial treatment approach will likely involve administering Psychological First Aid within the first two weeks post-event. This approach aims to ensure the child's immediate safety.

"As soon as the person is back with trusted adults, let them know this event is over — you are safe now, and here are the measures we've gone through to ensure you are safe," Hambrick explains.

"Therapists would want to think about how to recreate experiences where this child can learn that it's okay to be competent, and it's okay to be independent, and that doesn't mean something bad will also happen to you," she adds.

"We can try to get them back on an eating and sleeping routine as quickly as possible because trauma took away the ability to predict the future," she says. "And with routine, we can return that predictive power. When we can predict things, we feel safer. We feel more control and more agency."
LINK

If CRJr. has a history of DV or violent crimes, it's really too bad he was walking free and able to do this. But thank goodness CS came out alive and seemingly not violently attacked (?)
How did he plan to obtain the ransom without being arrested? He doesn't seem very intelligent when it comes to the note, yet he did manage to buy property, have a family at one time, drive, work, function day-to-day, and kidnap a child without being caught until he left the note. So IMO he is very capable of having possibly gotten away with other crimes. He shouldn't be underestimated.

According to property records, Ross lived in the Saratoga Village Mobile Home Park on Rock City Road in the early 2000s, around the time White was abducted.

When asked about Ross’ earlier residency in that Milton neighborhood — which has a maze of small roadways that are lined with more than 100 mobile homes — Robinson said he is “aware of Ross’ prior addresses.”

“He and his family have lived around the west Milton area for a very long time,” the investigator said.

Christina White’s mother, Suzanne, said her family — her daughter and son, and their grandmother — had been living at the Rock City Road mobile home park for about five years when her daughter vanished just two days before her 20th birthday. Suzanne White said her daughter regularly took walks at night.
Whoa!!! That is massive in my opinion.

from: Craig Ross pleads not guilty to kidnapping and sexual assault

In Saratoga County Court earlier today, Ross pleaded not guilty to nine charges, including kidnapping in the first degree and sexual assault against a child.

[...]

The judge ordered him to be held without bail following today's appearance.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fiend_nyx
Back