VERDICT WATCH NY - Dr. Mary Yoder, 60, fatally poisoned, Whitesboro, 22 July 2015

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess many don't know about the case. It wasn't a high profile case. Are you getting the Jodi Arias vibes?

YES! I didn't follow the first trial, but read the threads, and that's what most people were saying then! :eek:

YES! I didn't follow the first trial, but read the threads, and that's what most people were saying then! :eek:

The defense blamed the husband last time because after Mary died he started a romantic relationship with her sister. Looks like this time the defense is going to blame the son.

Cara Thomas‏ @CaraThomasNews 4m4 minutes ago
Policelli says Conley has no motive to kill Mary. “It doesn’t make sense.”

Cara Thomas‏ @CaraThomasNews 3m3 minutes ago
Policelli: “Adam Yoder is not a credible witness and you will see that when he testifies.”

Cara Thomas‏ @CaraThomasNews 2m2 minutes ago
Policelli says Adam set Conley up, using her phone and devices to purchase colchicine. #ConleyRetrial

Cara Thomas‏ @CaraThomasNews 1m1 minute ago
Policelli: During her “interrogation” she says “she’s so scared,” not because she’s guilty, but she’s afraid of Adam.

Replying to @CaraThomasNews
Policelli: All police wanted was a confession.

Policelli says the amount of colchicine that would have had to be poured in her drink, she would have tasted it. #ConleyRetrial

Julia LeBlanc WUTR‏ @jleblanc_WUTR 7m7 minutes ago
P: the electronic evidence prosecution talks about that leads to Conley-- "he set her up."

Julia LeBlanc WUTR‏ @jleblanc_WUTR 6m6 minutes ago
P: When they interrogate Conley on dec 21 she tells them she's scared.. She writes the letter bc she doesn't know what Adam will do next

Julia LeBlanc WUTR‏ @jleblanc_WUTR 4m4 minutes ago
P: Adams DNA is not on bottle of colchicine? Why? Because he used gloves. And he got sick from the colchicine before

Julia LeBlanc WUTR‏ @jleblanc_WUTR 2m2 minutes ago
P: It was done (put drug in supplements) by Adam at the house either on Father's Day or Mother's Day.

Joleen Ferris‏ @joleenferris 56s57 seconds ago
More
Defense: A. Yoder took advantage of Mary, Katie. M. Yoder signed letter of intent & W9 form for Colchicine #ConleyRetrial

Joleen Ferris‏ @joleenferris 3m3 minutes ago
Defense: all police wanted was to get a confession from Conley. She wanted to help them#ConleyRetrial

Julia LeBlanc WUTR‏ @jleblanc_WUTR 3m3 minutes ago
P: 363 times they (the investigators) ask her (Conley) why. She didn't say anything incriminating in that interview

Julia LeBlanc WUTR‏ @jleblanc_WUTR 3m3 minutes ago
Replying to @jleblanc_WUTR
Conley throws up during this interview

Joleen Ferris‏ @joleenferris 3m3 minutes ago
Defense: poison researched on her phone, but police can't say when or why it was done. They want you to assume#ConleyRetrial

Julia LeBlanc WUTR‏ @jleblanc_WUTR 2m2 minutes ago
P: How do you know she didn't research colchicine as part of an assignment from school? Adam had access to all of her electronics @ any time

Joleen Ferris‏ @joleenferris 2m2 minutes ago
Defense: we'll call local judge to testify some some research was part of a class he taught her #ConleyRetrial

Joleen Ferris‏ @joleenferris 37s38 seconds ago
Defense done with opening argument. Lunch recess#ConleyRetrial

Since there isn't a lot of interest, I am going to post the premise of the defense case from their closing. Then I will come in occassionally, every once and a while and update the latest from the courtroom. No use spending hours here posting tweets hardly anyone is reading lol...

Policelli says it wouldn’t have made more sense for her to take the colchicine in pill form. #ConleyRetrial

Policelli says Mary was an enabler. #ConleyRetrial

Cara Thomas‏ @CaraThomasNews 2m2 minutes ago
Remember: Nothing said during opening statements is evidence!

Policelli says Conley throws up during interrogation, because police asked her “why” hundreds of times and wouldn’t let up.

Cara Thomas‏ @CaraThomasNews 5m5 minutes ago
Policelli: She says nothing incriminating during that interview.

Cara Thomas‏ @CaraThomasNews 4m4 minutes ago
Policelli ends opening statement by asking jury to be open minded.

Cara Thomas‏ @CaraThomasNews 3m3 minutes ago
Lunch break. Back at 2pm.

Since there isn't a lot of interest, I am going to post the premise of the defense case from their closing. Then I will come in occassionally, every once and a while and update the latest from the courtroom. No use spending hours here posting tweets hardly anyone is reading lol...

Okay - sounds good to me! Off to catch up on my other threads!

:wave:

I live in the next county over. I too am surprised at the lack of interest here. After the mistrial in April locals were split about 50/50. I'm hoping for a conviction. I think she did this to frame Adam.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Thx Harmony... I followed the first trial on twitter and will follow this one as well. I am working, however, so I can’t commit to posting tweets here. (Just in case “the boss” catches me [emoji6])

I am surprised there isn’t too much interest in this case as well. I find it fascinating!

I live in the next county over. I too am surprised at the lack of interest here. After the mistrial in April locals were split about 50/50. I'm hoping for a conviction. I think she did this to frame Adam.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I think she totally tried to frame Adam. My guess is there is evidence which couldn’t be brought in that showed some stalking/obsessive type behavior on her part.

I guess many don't know about the case. It wasn't a high profile case. Are you getting the Jodi Arias vibes?
I didn't know about this case until today. It’s absolutely riveting. Shades of Jodi Arias and also the novel (and film), "Presumed Innocent" by Scott Turow.

Thanks to all those posting tweets.

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk

over view of today's witnesses and testimony:

Joleen Ferris‏ @joleenferris 3h3 hours ago
1st prosecution witness: Dr. Lingappa Amernath. ER Dr., formerly of St. Luke's

Joleen Ferris‏ @joleenferris 2h2 hours ago
2nd witness: Dr. Maria Gesualdo. Pulmonary critical care. President, Slocum Dickson Medical Group #ConleyRetrial

Dr. G: she continually was going into cardiac arrest#ConleyRetrial

After speaking w family, Dr. G ceased life preserving measures, declared M. Yoder dead #ConleyRetrial

3rd witness: Melissa Muckey. Regional Director, LabCorp#ConleyRetrial

Joleen Ferris‏ @joleenferris 1h1 hour ago
4th witness: Yoders' daughter, Liana Hegde#ConleyRetrial

Joleen Ferris‏ @joleenferris 1h1 hour ago
Hegde: brother Adam Yoder came to stay with her family on Long Island July 15, 2005 for the summer#ConleyTrial

Joleen Ferris‏ @joleenferris 53m53 minutes ago
Hegde: dad in tears, in shock, not moving. Adam kneeling on floor outside room while mom coding, clutching pic he'd painted for her

Joleen Ferris‏ @joleenferris 37m37 minutes ago
Judge says prosecution still has a way to go w this witness, so court in recess until 10am Tuesday #ConleyRetrial

I'm definitely following the trial. I was just late today.

Thank you for posting the tweets!

Sorry! I got hung up waiting for Jessica’s verdict today. Will see you guys tomorrow!

Strong accusations by the defense! If they have credible and convincing witnesses and evidence to back up their claims I can well see another hung jury or even an acquittal.

Okay - I see we have a few more members interested in this one, soooo..... I'm going back & going to post most of Cara's tweets from yesterday, so we are all up to speed - well somewhat, considering they ARE tweets! :) If there is a picture with the tweet I'll post it "embedded", otherwise, just the tweet.

Cara Thomas‏ @CaraThomasNews [video=twitter;919984984269688832]https://twitter.com/CaraThomasNews/status/919984984269688832[/video]

We are back in court for #ConleyRetrial. First witness to take the stand is the doctor who treated Mary Yoder in the ER.

Cara Thomas‏ @CaraThomasNews 18h18 hours ago
M. Yoder was taken to Faxton St. Luke’s morning of July 21, 2015 - experiencing vomiting and diarrhea. #ConleyRetrial

Cara Thomas‏ @CaraThomasNews 17h17 hours ago
Doctor says Mary Yoder’s white blood cell count and hemoglobin was elevated. #ConleyRetrial

Doctor says he gave M. Yoder medicine for nausea and diarrhea. #ConleyRetrial

Doctor is describing the different tests they did on M. Yoder, meds they gave her... by around 4pm, he wanted the patient admitted.

ER Doctor has finished testifying. Defense had no questions for him.

Dr. Maria Gesualdo is up next. She is currently the president of Slocum Dickson Medical Group. She is an expert in critical care.

Gesualdo was called in the middle of the night by hospital, asked for advice in Mary Yoder’s case. #ConleyRetrial

She says Yoder’s symptoms appeared to be a GI bug, but then took a turn for the worse.

Gesualdo wondered if M. Yoder was suffering from sepsis, began treating her for that. #ConleyRetrial

Gesualdo says M. Yoder was on a ventilator. She went into cardiac arrest. #conleyretrial

1st cardiac arrest happened before Dr. Gesualdo got to hospital the morning of July 22.

“It was a very very puzzling case.” ~ Maria Gesualdo

Gesualdo says typically her patients have a history of medical issues and are older... M. Yoder was younger and appeared to be healthy.

Dr. Gesualdo says William Yoder eventually arrived, gave him an update - had to give M. Yoder meds without consent b/c she was deteriorating

Dr. Gesualdo says she spoke with victim’s daughter, Liana, over the phone. Liana is also a doctor. #ConleyRetrial

Despite their efforts, Mary Yoder went into cardiac arrest 6-7 times.

Dr. Gsualdo: During the final cardiac arrest, doctors tried to revive her... asked family if they should continue their efforts.

“She was already on multiple medications trying to keep her alive.” ~ Dr. Gesualdo

Gesualdo says she was very unsettled by what happened.

Dr. Gesualdo says she remembers M. Yoder’s husband and daughter saying, “that’s enough” - regarding efforts to revive her.

Dr. Gesualdo says all cultures came back negative, still couldn’t determine what caused her death when blood sample results were returned.

ara Thomas‏ @CaraThomasNews 17h17 hours ago
Dr. Gesualdo says she spoke with hospital personnel about requesting an autopsy because case was so puzzling. #ConleyRetrial

Dr. Gesualdo finished testifying. Defense has no questions.

Melissa Muckey is the next witness. She is the regional director with LabCorp. #ConleyRetrial

Muckey describes how blood/bodily fluid samples are taken and how they test samples from hospitals. #ConleyRetrial

Cara Thomas‏ @CaraThomasNews 16h16 hours ago
Muckey now testifying about specific samples, samples taken from Mary Yoder. #ConleyRetrial

Cara Thomas‏ @CaraThomasNews [video=twitter;920006530249916416]https://twitter.com/CaraThomasNews/status/920006530249916416[/video]

Mucky off the stand. Liana Hegde, Mary Yoder’s oldest daughter, takes the stand. #ConleyRetrial

Hegde says her parents were married for 37-38 years and owned Chiropractic Family Care together. #ConleyRetrial

Hegde is recounting what happened during the summer of 2015. Her brother, Adam, visited several times. #ConleyRetrial

July 21, 2015 - Hegde received a phone call from her father around 9am - call was in reference to her mother. #ConleyRetrial

Hegde says she told her dad to take mom to hospital to address vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain. #ConleyRetrial

Hegde says her brother, Adam, was visiting her in Long Island from July 15-July 21. #ConleyRetrial

Hegde: As she got updates from her dad about her mom’s condition, she relays that info to Adam and her husband. #ConleyRetrial

Hegde says Adam decided to head back to Utica so he could be with their mother in the hospital.

July 22, 2015 - received a call from her father around 6am. Hegde says her father was very upset. Then she spoke with doctor over the phone.

Hegde starts to cry - she called her sister, Tamaryn, to tell her that their mother was critically ill. #ConleyRetrial

Hegde says she immediately packed a bag and headed upstate - about a 5 1/2-6 hour drive. #ConleyRetrial

Hegde says she pulled over when her brother called, her mother was having cardiac arrest. Took about 10-15 minutes to revive her.

Once Hegde arrived at the hospital, she was given an update by the doctor.

Hegde went in to see her mother. “You wouldn’t have recognized her.” Says her legs were a strange color, cold, and twice the size.

M. Yoder was incubated at that time and unconscious.

Hegde says Kaitlyn Conley was considered a family friend - Conley was also at the hospital. #ConleyRetrial

Hegde says she knew that her mother’s body couldn’t sustain further resuscitations, her body was shutting down. #ConleyRetrial

Hegde says Adam went to get a painting he made for Mary for mother’s day. He held it and sobbed outside the ICU. #ConleyRetrial

Hegde says she believed an autopsy would be done considering the circumstances. They wanted to know why. #ConleyRetrial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rhojensenbeach