GUILTY NY - Driver pulled from SUV, viciously beaten by bikers, Manhattan, 29 Sept 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I best refrain from comment for a bit.

Sitting on hands

Thanks DD for the article. Reading about another cop being involved just makes me ill. :moo:

It just keeps getting more stomach churning and seedier every day doesn't it? I can't imagine what the Lien's are going through, especially finding out that policemen were participants in their attack.

I am the usually the one defending cops being wrongly blamed for defending themselves and others but these undercover cops are worse than the lowest in the gang. Any cop who was witness or participant to the running down and attempted murder of this innocent family should be immediately fired and detained the fully prosecuted. They should rot.

Any decent human being would have reported the gangs rolling mayhem long before the SUV was surrounded and hunted down. One phone call straight to other on duty cops could and should have shut that down immediately. They knew what would happen when the family was caught. They knew that the family could not escape. Motorcycles are much faster. Then they either watched the beating for sport or participated in the attack. They are not worth my puke.

I would categorize these thugs with perverts and others who prey on women and children. The horror this family went through is something that will torment them, including the baby, as long as they live. The only remorse displayed by any of the low lifes will be for getting caught. Put them in a cold empty cell and let them rot. Their wives and children will be spared from the future pain they will cause if left to walk among the free.

I join with the real hero's ...decent, honest, law abiding officers and their families who are disgusted by these soon to be former cops. Can't get rid of these posers fast enough for me!

MOO

(I don't believe for a second that any involved cop turned himself in. I think they were known to participate in these ridiculous road parties and were called out. They were given the opportunity to turn their self in as a professional courtesy. No honorable act of remorse required.)

MOO again

I hope NYC gives the hero who put his life on the line for strangers some kind of reward. I think giving him the salaries of the involved LEOs would be appropriate after all he was doing their job.

oh god.. this latest news makes me sick.. i just.. wow..

http://nypost.com/2013/10/07/bike-cop-joined-in-on-suv-beatdown-video-reveals/

So he wasnt just part of the ride.. He hit the vehicle. although they dont mention him ever hitting lien... Still. He should be fired and charged.

When it first came out that a couple NYPD officers reported to their supervisors, days later, that they were a part of this group, I believed it was because the you tube videos came out and they thought they might be identified. jmo

http://youtu.be/UfHBKzj5wuU

short youtube video of the few seconds leading up to when Lien drove off the first time. It is zoomed in on the SUV and you can see a biker striking the window/mirror before what looks like reaching forward for the door handle.

He claimed Chance was knocked off his motorcycle by Lien's SUV after bikers had surrounded the vehicle earlier.

"The law does permit someone who is a victim of an accident to at least attempt to get the identification of the motorist," Watts said. "My client obviously overreacted in that manner, but he is not this assaulting someone who's harmless, contrary to the public opinion that's being put out there."

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/07/us/bikers-attack-video/index.html?hpt=ju_c2

You *$&#^(&#$ that is EXACTLY WHAT YOUR CLIENT IS. A who assaulted someone harmless.

as far as that bullspit about trying to get the gentleman's ID at the scene of an accident is this guy friggin kidding?

Back to sitting on hands.

So I figured we are going to start needing a summary of charges, especially if the officer and 4 others are arrested. we are at 4 right now, so that would bring it to 9. we can add to this later if more charges are added or reported, since the media likes to just say "other charges" then going one by one. if any of you have a source that lists all the charges or if i miss any, please let me know so i can add them.

Craig Wright, 29 - Charges of first-degree gang assault, first-degree assault and unlawful imprisonment.

Reginald Chance, 37 - charges first-degree gang assault, first-degree assault and criminal mischief.

Robert Sims, 35 - charges of first-degree gang assault, first-degree assault and third-degree criminal possession of a weapon.

Christopher Cruz, 28 - charges of unlawful imprisonment, reckless endangerment, reckless driving, endangering the welfare of a child and menacing

It just keeps getting more stomach churning and seedier every day doesn't it? I can't imagine what the Lien's are going through, especially finding out that policemen were participants in their attack.

Snoods, It sure does get seedier. Scares me more than a little. I always think even off duty LEO's would aid someone in need. Apparently not. :(

Snoods, It sure does get seedier. Scares me more than a little. I always think even off duty LEO's would aid someone in need. Apparently not. :(

As I've said before, there is good and bad in everything. Just like good bikers, and bad. I tend to think there are good cops and bad. These off duty cops fall into the category of bad - IMO

I don't think it is fair to say that ALL off duty cops would have acted in the same way. KWIM?

I tend to think there are plenty of off duty cops who always try to do the right thing. :twocents:

This case is so disturbing to me. I have watched the entire video from start to finish. I can not believe more are not being charged.

TGIR, excellent post.
Softail, I agree, name him.
DD, thanks.

As I was listening to NJ 101.5 yesterday and they were discussing this, They had bikers calling in and saying " charge them all! "

IMO, they all acted together. If they did not call police they are all accessories.

As I was listening to NJ 101.5 yesterday and they were discussing this, They had bikers calling in and saying " charge them all! "

IMO, they all acted together. If they did not call police they are all accessories.

I believe so too. In one of the videos I watched yesterday, there were more than a few bikers...WATCHING. They definitely were not coming to the aid of someone who was beaten.

I believe so too. In one of the videos I watched yesterday, there were more than a few bikers...WATCHING. They definitely were not coming to the aid of someone who was beaten.

And you know, I can even understand that but then WHY are you not leaving the area and calling police. That is what I don't get. I understand being afraid it will happen to you, But sneak out and call police.. Don't let someone and their family be threatened. There was baby in the car for Crying out loud.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back