NY NY - Ellery, Rte 17, WhtFem 30-37, UP15489 193UFNY, GSW, poss from Canada or Europe, note, clothes, Dec'83

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The Wikipedia article shows some there were five digits and the one right on the note is five
Still prefer a simpler version of postcodes. I find some of the areas not only close to the murder but to Vancouver, BC very strong. No need to add extra codes. But I'm open to change my mind if you can find a telex directory that proves these numbers existed or were close to the evidence. My theory though is the murderer was a driver of some sorts, either moving people across the border or delivering stuff and picking up hitchhikers. She just chose the wrong person. All the letters are either initials to who he's picking up in those locations or if the telex numbers come back with companies that relate to them then again your right.

I keep coming back to the same question why would you have this note in your pocket and why?
A woman with either postcodes to back country roads or telex codes to businesses just doesn't fit for me. I think it was the drivers and she understood it's relevance to steal/or take it.
The DNA looks like the only thing that could unravel this mystery and if we find her identity we can perhaps find travel records. Shame the murderer's DNA wasn't present on the body also.

Still prefer a simpler version of postcodes. I find some of the areas not only close to the murder but to Vancouver, BC very strong. No need to add extra codes. But I'm open to change my mind if you can find a telex directory that proves these numbers existed or were close to the evidence. My theory though is the murderer was a driver of some sorts, either moving people across the border or delivering stuff and picking up hitchhikers. She just chose the wrong person. All the letters are either initials to who he's picking up in those locations or if the telex numbers come back with companies that relate to them then again your right.

I keep coming back to the same question why would you have this note in your pocket and why?
A woman with either postcodes to back country roads or telex codes to businesses just doesn't fit for me. I think it was the drivers and she understood it's relevance to steal/or take it.
The DNA looks like the only thing that could unravel this mystery and if we find her identity we can perhaps find travel records. Shame the murderer's DNA wasn't present on the body also.
Might not be businesses. I’m going to see if I can find anything about telex directory. The other thing is that according to the Wikipedia article a name or initials would follow a telex address which is exactly what there is here. Initials and 5 digit codes. Maybe she was glowing.

Might not be businesses. I’m going to see if I can find anything about telex directory. The other thing is that according to the Wikipedia article a name or initials would follow a telex address which is exactly what there is here. Initials and 5 digit codes. Maybe she was glowing.
Cool, good luck Baddux. Also please do me a favour though for my own sanity and put the addresses found via the Canada postcodes(theory) into google maps and get directions from them to where to the body was found. At least two of these postcodes follow the same direction across the Canada/US border round lake Erie. Very weird coincidence?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-10-19 at 17.30.52.png
    Screenshot 2022-10-19 at 17.30.52.png
    281.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot 2022-10-19 at 17.42.14.png
    Screenshot 2022-10-19 at 17.42.14.png
    800.2 KB · Views: 7
This sounds like another spy story a la Oslo Woman… Canadian operative who operated abroad for a while? Foreign operative working on Canadian soil?

Just thinking out loud…

I'm gonna be honest, after Evelyn Colon and other Does thought to be European but actually being Americans, I'm betting this Doe wasn't European at all and definitely not a spy. Probably just a random lady from East Coast USA or Canada. JMO. Many preconceptions like "foreign dentistry" were later proven false. Evelyn is definitely the most well-known example of this, but also includes ex-Does like Mary Silvani.

I'm gonna be honest, after Evelyn Colon and other Does thought to be European but actually being Americans, I'm betting this Doe wasn't European at all and definitely not a spy. Probably just a random lady from East Coast USA or Canada. JMO. Many preconceptions like "foreign dentistry" were later proven false. Evelyn is definitely the most well-known example of this, but also includes ex-Does like Mary Silvani.
Very confused! thought we were all trying to find the culprit? Or help solve this poor woman's end of life, the worst of human puzzles?

Please explai
Hi Springrain I think the police have a theory she maybe Europeon because of her dental work and gold in her teeth said to have come from Europe. She had on a blouse/shirt also an 80's Italian brand but this again is all just theories. But this is not definitive. She could have been a spy, a drug runner, an average joe doing a visa run to Canada or worse a woman being trafficked. Not sure we'll ever know.

ok, I think this is a list of (telex?) numbers of some organization with multiple locations.

Like imagine:

Mcdonalds NY - 716-000-0000
Mcdonalds PA - 215 -000-0000
Mcdonalds CA - 209-000-0000

The are all basically combinations of "sa" and "kr"

What organization has a name that those initials would make sense ad have multiple locations?

So I imagine she is at the hotel desk with this pad. She is either copying these numbers down from a phone book or she called the desk or information. She accidentally copies down the 68302 and corrects it either by checking the phone book or with someone on the other end

Maybe the Saskatchewan one is the closest considering Vancouver is west coast and she was found nearer the east coast

• Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP15489
  • Estimated Age Group
    Adult - Pre 40 Years
    Estimated Age Range (Years)
    30 - 37
    Estimated Year of Death
    1983-
    Estimated PMI
    Hours
    Possible First Name
    --
    Possible Middle Name
    --
    Possible Last Name
    --
    Nickname/Alias
    --
    Sex
    Female
    Race / Ethnicity
    White / Caucasian
    Height
    5'-4" - (64 - inches) Estimated
    Weight
    128 - lbs Estimated

Type
    Unidentified Deceased
    Date Body Found
    December 6, 1983
    NamUs Case Created
    July 21, 2016
    ME/C QA Reviewed
    --
    Location Found(Map)
    County
    Chautauqua County

GPS Coordinates (Not Mapped)
    --
    Found on Tribal Land
    --
    Circumstances of Recovery
    Discovered in a ditch along Route.17, the Southern Tier Expressway, now Interstate 86, in the eastbound lane, in the Town of Ellery. The partially clad body was found by utility company employees at approximately 8:30 a.m. ~~It is believed the victim is from Canada or some European Country. Computer checks in the United States, Canada, and Interpol have been unsuccessful in locating any missing persons that fit the victims description. Attempts to identify the victim through fingerprints have also been unsuccessful.
  • Artist Rendering
    Uploaded:
    Jul 26, 2022
    --
  • Artist Rendering​

Artist Rendering
    Uploaded:
    Sep 20, 2016
    --
  • Facial Case Id​

Facial Case Id
    Uploaded:
    Aug 29, 2016
    --
  • Facial Case Id​

Facial Case Id

• Hair Color

Brown
    Head Hair Description
    some gray
    Body Hair Description
    --
    Facial Hair Description
    --
    Left Eye Color
    Brown
    Right Eye Color
    Brown
    Eye Description
    wart above left eye

Distinctive Physical Features
    Item
    Description

Scar/mark
    wart above left eye, large mole behind the left ear, scar on throat.

Clothing and Accessories​

Item
    Description

Clothing
    white V - neck camisole made in Carpi, Italy; a green/brown/red checked trench coat reverse to drab olive wool (size 40), blue/gray wool crew neck pullover; plaid wool skirt various shades of brown blue and red.
    On the Body

Footwear
    No shoes on but would have worn shoe size 5-6
    On the Body

Accessories
    hand written note from the Blue Boy Motor Lodge in Vancouver, British Columbia
    Near the Body''

• Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP15489
  • Estimated Age Group
    Adult - Pre 40 Years
    Estimated Age Range (Years)
    30 - 37
    Estimated Year of Death
    1983-
    Estimated PMI
    Hours
    Possible First Name
    --
    Possible Middle Name
    --
    Possible Last Name
    --
    Nickname/Alias
    --
    Sex
    Female
    Race / Ethnicity
    White / Caucasian
    Height
    5'-4" - (64 - inches) Estimated
    Weight
    128 - lbs Estimated

Type
    Unidentified Deceased
    Date Body Found
    December 6, 1983
    NamUs Case Created
    July 21, 2016
    ME/C QA Reviewed
    --
    Location Found(Map)
    County
    Chautauqua County

GPS Coordinates (Not Mapped)
    --
    Found on Tribal Land
    --
    Circumstances of Recovery
    Discovered in a ditch along Route.17, the Southern Tier Expressway, now Interstate 86, in the eastbound lane, in the Town of Ellery. The partially clad body was found by utility company employees at approximately 8:30 a.m. ~~It is believed the victim is from Canada or some European Country. Computer checks in the United States, Canada, and Interpol have been unsuccessful in locating any missing persons that fit the victims description. Attempts to identify the victim through fingerprints have also been unsuccessful.
  • Artist Rendering
    Uploaded:
    Jul 26, 2022
    --
  • Artist Rendering​

Artist Rendering
    Uploaded:
    Sep 20, 2016
    --
  • Facial Case Id​

Facial Case Id
    Uploaded:
    Aug 29, 2016
    --
  • Facial Case Id​

Facial Case Id

• Hair Color

Brown
    Head Hair Description
    some gray
    Body Hair Description
    --
    Facial Hair Description
    --
    Left Eye Color
    Brown
    Right Eye Color
    Brown
    Eye Description
    wart above left eye

Distinctive Physical Features
    Item
    Description

Scar/mark
    wart above left eye, large mole behind the left ear, scar on throat.

Clothing and Accessories​

Item
    Description

Clothing
    white V - neck camisole made in Carpi, Italy; a green/brown/red checked trench coat reverse to drab olive wool (size 40), blue/gray wool crew neck pullover; plaid wool skirt various shades of brown blue and red.
    On the Body

Footwear
    No shoes on but would have worn shoe size 5-6
    On the Body

Accessories
    hand written note from the Blue Boy Motor Lodge in Vancouver, British Columbia
    Near the Body''
I just wonder...why don't they turn to using genealogical dna-analyses. It's about time isn't it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SleuthingIndeed
Back