NY NY - Ellery, Rte 17, WhtFem 30-37, UP15489 193UFNY, GSW, poss from Canada or Europe, note, clothes, Dec'83

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have received a follow up email on the potential match for Sylvie Ouimet and Ellery Jane Doe. Guess this submission passed with the review panel to move forward for additional review with Montreal Police.

Your possible match has now been submitted to Montreal Police. The Doe
Network will contact you about the findings from investigators when
known.

Thank you for your submission.

I don't know if this helps at all but I'll share anyway. My husband's mother and basically his whole family came to the US from a town in what was once northern Italy. After WW 2, their hometown was made part of Austria. Today it's part of Croatia where there's a small population that speaks Italian. Lots of political history in that area. Many relatives show up in immigration records several times even though they only came here once and stayed. Here's the kicker, I have 3 camisoles from his aunt who has since passed that are made in Italy and were unused for many many years. V necked with what appears to be a very old style label

I have received a follow up email on the potential match for Sylvie Ouimet and Ellery Jane Doe. Guess this submission passed with the review panel to move forward for additional review with Montreal Police.

Your possible match has now been submitted to Montreal Police. The Doe
Network will contact you about the findings from investigators when
known.

Thank you for your submission.
I really doubt that's her. Eyes aren't the same and Sylvie had ear pinning surgery & no dental work.

Reactions: ipa
I think LE is getting closer and closer. This is from a FB page, run by the Sheriff's office Unsolved Chautauqua | Mayville NY

We are seeking any and all information about Robert C Minard who lived previously in the 1970's in Stowe and Ashville New York. Mr. Minard, born in July of 1935 moved to Florida with family sometime in the 80's. We are looking for any immediate family members of Robert (Bob) Minard and wife Ruth. This information is for reference only. Please reply to unsolvedchautauqua@sheriff.us or call (716)753-4579.

They are not searching for Robert C. Minard in particular, he is allegdly deceased, but close living family.

Word from Unsolved Chautauqua is that the note was written in “trucker shorthand”.

Trucker's shorthand note identified.

“Pick-up A- 6 pallets, 24,233 pounds, Pick up B - 14 pallets, 68,301 pounds. shipping average load, 74,261 pounds. The US limit is 80,000 pounds. But actual load is 92, 534, overweight for US Scales. Product shorthand indicates the loaded product to be K.Ro and K.Ba. 18 wheel drivers have verified the shorthand. Any experienced truckers out there want to "weigh-in" with an opinion and educated guess on the product?”

1722542944946.png

I am so glad someone managed to figure out the shorthand.

With this confirmed Trucking connection, she really could be from anywhere.

I wonder if that gentleman’s lineage is linked to her as a relative or as potential perpetrator?

Word from Unsolved Chautauqua is that the note was written in “trucker shorthand”.

Trucker's shorthand note identified.

“Pick-up A- 6 pallets, 24,233 pounds, Pick up B - 14 pallets, 68,301 pounds. shipping average load, 74,261 pounds. The US limit is 80,000 pounds. But actual load is 92, 534, overweight for US Scales. Product shorthand indicates the loaded product to be K.Ro and K.Ba. 18 wheel drivers have verified the shorthand. Any experienced truckers out there want to "weigh-in" with an opinion and educated guess on the product?”

View attachment 521950

Not sure where they're getting the pallet info from, but if true, that's some heavy stuff.

I haven't been able to find the rule-out list, is Jeanette Marcotte on it?

Side by Side Comparison of Jeanette and Jane Doe

1723181536560.png1723182069395.png

On July 12, 2021, Jeanette Marcotte was reported missing in Vancouver, British Columbia. Jeanette was last seen in Saskatchewan in 1981 or 1982, where she stated that she was headed to Vancouver, British Columbia. Jeanette has not been seen or heard from since.

If Jeanette is Jane Doe, maybe she hitchhiked to Vancouver? And the driver wrote the notes she was found with?

I know I'm likely reaching and it's late. Goodnight!

Last edited:
I haven't been able to find the rule-out list, is Jeanette Marcotte on it?

View attachment 523365View attachment 523366

On July 12, 2021, Jeanette Marcotte was reported missing in Vancouver, British Columbia. Jeanette was last seen in Saskatchewan in 1981 or 1982, where she stated that she was headed to Vancouver, British Columbia. Jeanette has not been seen or heard from since.

Wasn't there also a Saskatchewan link to this Jane Doe in the notes?
Oh, there is no public rule out list! Oh no!

Last edited:
The white camisole being from Italy, and the IUD from Finland/Holland/Belgium is interesting because a long line of Marcotte's are a part of the Canadian Armed Forces. Look up that last name and armed forces and you'd be surprised.

Could any of the wording on that note be linked to the armed forces somehow?

Honestly, now that I am thinking about it, maybe Marcottee's is a very common last name. I just find it interesting that Canadian and Military connections would also match with this Jane Doe quite well.

Then again there is a strong chance I should be sleeping and not sleuthing...

Last edited:
The white camisole being from Italy, and the IUD from Finland/Holland/Belgium is interesting because a long line of Marcotte's are a part of the Canadian Armed Forces. Look up that last name and armed forces and you'd be surprised.

Could any of the wording on that note be linked to the armed forces somehow?

Honestly, now that I am thinking about it, maybe Marcottee's is a very common last name. I just find it interesting that Canadian and Military connections would also match with this Jane Doe quite well.

Then again there is a strong chance I should be sleeping and not sleuthing...

Could be a connection. RCAF members have been stationed periodically in other NATO countries, in fact this is still common practice.

JMO

74211 seems to be a postal code in Mannheim Germany.

Nothing seemed to crop up for 24233.

So the postal code thing doesn't seem to be panning out.
Interesting. Ok bear with me as I explain my far-fetched research...

I wont get into specific names, but there are two brothers from Alberta. At one point they owned a Garage shop in Salt Springs BC, which is an hour and a half ferry ride from Vancouver. Both brothers have now passed. But neither brother mentions their parents at all.

- Brother 1's obituary mentions step-children but no mention of the mother of said step children.

- Brother 2 does mention a wife. Brother 2's wife married into the Marcotte family but her maiden name was Randahl. Then I went digging.

The most Randahl families were found in USA in 1920. In 1880 there were 4 Randahl families living in Nebraska. This was about 36% of all the recorded Randahl's

Hold on, wasn't one of the numbers the postal code of Nebraska 68301

Continuing with that last name I found this in google.

The German state of Bavaria is the ancestral home of the Randahl family.

I also found this when inputting this last name into google.

Isn't Ellery Jane Doe believed to have connections with Sweden and Germany? Wasn't Ellery Jane Doe also was at one point in Vancouver. Where Jeanette was believed to be heading?

I think all this culminates into this Jane Doe being Jeanette Marcotte. And that she is connected to these two brothers somehow. The brothers have the same last name.

The only thing I can't figure out is if she is the partner of Brother 1, or the sister of both brothers.

If she is the sister of these two brothers, then the fact that neither sibling mentioned their mother or father in the obit leads me to believe they were all adopted by a RCAF Canadian Armed Services couple.

Why RCAF? Well according to the FBI
There’s been a lot of clues, and trying to identify the individual, we did work with the FBI,” Di Zinno said. “We’ve done a forensic genetic genealogy profile on her. And she has markers -- DNA markers from the Netherlands, Germany and Belgium.”
Which matches up with this

Strategic Bombing : Juno Beach Centre
RCAF Bomber Squadrons Overseas>Strategic Bombing.
Cities are practically wiped out: Cologne, Essen, Dortmund, Düsseldorf, Hanover, Mannheim

The second possibility is that Jeanette Marcotte/Ellery Jane Doe is the unlisted mother of Brother 1's step children who is also not mentioned in the obit. Brother 2's wife is German and Swedish, could Brother 1 have also met a young German/Swedish woman too? See the thing is, I cant find out where the brothers were born or to whom. So I don't know how long they were in Canada only that they died in Canada.

That's all I have been able to find out but it all matches quite nicely.

I left a voicemail and an email to the detective on file. All this could be late night musings going nowhere or it may actually be her after all...

Brenda Bidner? Age is off, but interesting NY connection

1723204577688.png1723204585021.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl