Deceased/Not Found NY - Etan Patz, 6, New York, 25 May 1979 #1 *P. Hernandez guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO - What they do NOW in the school systems when a child is not in school, they did not do back when Etan went missing.

In 1979, I lived in New Jersey and only 10 minutes from New York. When my son wasn't in school, the school never called me. Although he was home sick and I was sick also and just went back to sleep, still no one called the house. :(

The book After Etan was so amazing....it gave such great insights to this case.
Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I am so praying they find Etan. 33 years a 6 year old boy is lost an longed for. I hope for all the missing to be found ,this is the first time I actualy hoped for them to locate a body. If that makes any sence.

Praying for Etans family as I know the news of finding him will still be just as painful as it would have been 33 years ago.

The seven-story building housing 127 Prince Street and the basement being searched was built in 1900. Not to be Neddy Negative here, but it was around for 79 years before Etan disappeared; we can't be sure the cadaver dogs are scenting evidence in the Patz case specifically, even if their indications do point to a dead body either there, or having been there.
---
127 Prince Street #129, New York NY 10012
---
Year built: 1900
Neighborhood: SoHo
Zip: 10012
http://www.trulia.com/homes/New_York/New_York/sold/21635530-127-Prince-St-129-New-York-NY-10012

IMO - What they do NOW in the school systems when a child is not in school, they did not do back when Etan went missing.

In 1979, I lived in New Jersey and only 10 minutes from New York. When my son wasn't in school, the school never called me. Although he was home sick and I was sick also and just went back to sleep, still no one called the house. :(

Well, my son is 13.. 7th grade and I get a call at 8 PM..
A little too late if you ask me. I'm a single mom and he walks to the bus stop every day. Some days I get an uneasy feeling and I worry all day long.
One day the bus was VERY late (I did not get a call) and I can feel what I could compare to Etan's mom's absolute horror for a good 20 minutes until he came home. I can not imagine living a lifetime with that anxiety...
I hope they bring Etan home :please:

I read he renovated the basement right after Etan went missing. That is what put him on the radar originally. I am not sure why the police would not pursue it though. Even, if the family felt he was a good friend...confused. Does this happen a lot in investigations? Curious.

LE was not the same LE in 1979 as it is today.

Prayers that they find him. SO close to home, yet so far away. My heart breaks for Etan's parents.

Etan would of been 39 now, I cant help but think of his parents, never seeing him grow up, married, his children. Oh the heartbreak. Today must be mixed emotions, bittersweet.

I'm sorry that I am so confused on this, but I am hoping someone can clear it up for me. Was Ramos the original suspect but now they have this other guy? Did BOTH of them live where the basement is? Parents believe it was Ramos and he's in jail for molesting two kids? Who remodeled the basement? Ramos, or the other guy? Sorry...I've read every post on this forum the past couple of hours and still can't figure it out.

Whatever happens, I wish for some sort of peace for Etan's parents, and justice for little Etan himself. I have always been a bit confused about the milk carton thing, however. There are numerous missing children cases that I follow, but when I think about the "milk carton" thing, there are three that always come to my mind, and you can find statements on the internet that one or the other of them was "the first missing child on a milk carton". How did that story start? :waitasec: I associate the milk carton identity with Etan Patz (missing May 25, 1979 - New York City, NY), Johnny Gosch (missing September 5, 1982 - Des Moines, Iowa), and Eugene Martin (missing since August 12, 1984 - Des Moines, Iowa).

I'm sorry that I am so confused on this, but I am hoping someone can clear it up for me. Was Ramos the original suspect but now they have this other guy? Did BOTH of them live where the basement is? Parents believe it was Ramos and he's in jail for molesting two kids? Who remodeled the basement? Ramos, or the other guy? Sorry...I've read every post on this forum the past couple of hours and still can't figure it out.

I think Ramos was an early suspect, and has consistetly admitted to being with Etan that day, but he "put him on a train to visit his aunt" or something ridiculous. LE never bought his story, (and neither do I), and Ramos has been a HUGE suspect from very early in the case. The Miller guy, was a handyman who had some sort of workshop in the basement they are now digging up. As far as I know, there is no connection with Ramos and the building being excavated today. I have never heard of O. Miller until today. They appear to be REALLY intent on this basement, so I have to assume they have something pretty solid (i.e. a confession) in order to dig this enthusiastically. :waitasec:

"Since then drywall has been put up over the room's brick walls. The drywall will be removed and the bricks examined and tested for blood evidence using advanced forensic techniques that were not available three decades ago, officials said.
The floor will also be dug up in a search for human remains, clothing or other evidence."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/fresh-search-etan-patz-york-boy-vanished-33/story?id=16171740

Interesting....

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_..._cadaver_dogs_smell_30_year_old_corpses_.html

Researchers from the University of Alabama, hoping to zero in on how long the scent of death might linger at a crime scene, designed a test for the state police’s cadaver dogs. A single human vertebra, more than 30 years old, was buried 12 inches deep. The dogs were let loose across a 300-by-150-foot plot, and several succeeded in sniffing out the dry bone fragment. So it’s certainly possible that the canines recruited for Etan Patz’s search could detect parts of a 33-year-old body hidden in the basement on Prince Street.

I think Ramos was an early suspect, and has consistetly admitted to being with Etan that day, but he "put him on a train to visit his aunt" or something ridiculous. LE never bought his story, (and neither do I), and Ramos has been a HUGE suspect from very early in the case. The Miller guy, was a handyman who had some sort of workshop in the basement they are now digging up. As far as I know, there is no connection with Ramos and the building being excavated today. I have never heard of O. Miller until today. They appear to be REALLY intent on this basement, so I have to assume they have something pretty solid (i.e. a confession) in order to dig this enthusiastically. :waitasec:

"Since then drywall has been put up over the room's brick walls. The drywall will be removed and the bricks examined and tested for blood evidence using advanced forensic techniques that were not available three decades ago, officials said.
The floor will also be dug up in a search for human remains, clothing or other evidence."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/fresh-search-etan-patz-york-boy-vanished-33/story?id=16171740

Thank you so much! Now I am understanding this better. If Ramos had nothing to do with the building/basement, no wonder LE wouldn't know where to search.

In 1979, did the police know the wood shop/art storage basement was indeed a location where sexual liasons took place?

If so, why did they not dig then - they'd considered it. Were they really so trusting to let Etan's parents alibi for the family friend, without taking further action other than their word?

I know that the general feeling about child kidnappings then was that strangers were the likely suspects. But what we're seeing today just boggles me.

Thank you so much! Now I am understanding this better. If Ramos had nothing to do with the building/basement, no wonder LE wouldn't know where to search.

I am not really sure if Ramos had anything to do with that building or not.... I just can't find any reference to it, and I don't recall ever reading anything associated with that location and Ramos. One of the news reports I saw on TV tonight, said something along the lines of "that basement was 'known as an area for sex'". WHAT??? That caught my interest because that can mean a lot of different things... truck stops are known for hook-ups for gay sex.... certain street corners for heterosexual sex... - certain locations for swingers... WHAT WAS THAT BASEMENT known for?? And.... why was it not searched more thoroughly when Etan went missing? Did anyone else see a news report about the basement being 'known as an area for sex'? I will try to find a link. I KNOW I heard it because I poured salsa on the counter instead of on my fajita!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme