Deceased/Not Found NY - Etan Patz, 6, New York, 25 May 1979 #1 *P. Hernandez guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This gives hope that more studies can be made to prevent abductions and investigtions.
Bring our missing back home to loved ones for proper burial and closure!
(((HUGS))) to all that need it right now.

I am sure they will feel a range of very conflicting emotions but I would say that it's the responsibility of the law enforcement to decide who to investigate and who not to. The distraught family can give helpful hints but they can't rule anybody out on the basis that they like him.

True donjeta...
i just think back in the day, LE did alot more investigating based on "a gut feeling" than hard evidence... but... that will all be revealed I'm sure if precious Etan is found where they think he may be...

ETA: Because "hard evidence" like DNA wasn't available!

From Susan Candiotti and Adam Reiss CNN
Feds scour basement where Etan Patz met carpenter, sources say

NEW YORK (CNN) -

Snipped

One day before Etan Patz, 6, disappeared in New York in May of 1979, he apparently encountered a 42-year-old carpenter in a Lower Manhattan basement, which is now being searched by police and federal authorities, according to a source with knowledge of the investigation.

Snipped

Investigators now also want to expand the pool of possible suspects beyond Ramos
, a source said, even though he's been considered a key focus of the probe for years.

The carpenter, now 75, is not in custody, though authorities say they know where he is and are currently in contact with him. CNN is not naming the man because he has not been charged with a crime.

Epiph: Not "family friend"?

True donjeta...
i just think back in the day, LE did alot more investigating based on "a gut feeling" than hard evidence... but... that will all be revealed I'm sure if precious Etan is found where they think he may be...

ETA: Because "hard evidence" like DNA wasn't available!

I agree. And I really hope they don't blame themselves for any of those decisions. How could they have imagined the nice neighbor,a father himself, was a sick twisted monster.

It makes me wonder though, IF it was the handyman, did he ever act out again? What about the little boy recently who left the foster mothers apt to throw out the trash? And never returned?

I want to thank the District Attorney Stuart Grabois, who has refused to EVER let this case be forgotten. He has chased after Jose Antonio Ramos for YEARS... and justifiably so, because Ramos is an admitted pedophile. When Grabois could not prove the murder of Etan by Ramos, he made sure Ramos went to jail for other crimes, which probably helped save other children from abuse. I also want to thank Emily Cohen, the author of "After Etan, The Missing Child That Held America Captive"... she has also helped to keep Etan's case in the media. She actually posted here on WS's years ago - not sure if she still reads, but I appreciate her dedication to seeing Etan's case resolved.

I agree. And I really hope they don't blame themselves for any of those decisions. How could they have imagined the nice neighbor,a father himself, was a sick twisted monster.

It makes me wonder though, IF it was the handyman, did he ever act out again? What about the little boy recently who left the foster mothers apt to throw out the trash? And never returned?

Patrick Alford...nothing new on him either..

I don't know anything about the handyman..

I also wonder why the police would not continueto investigate someone just due to the family thinking otherwise..I get it was 3 decades ago but still there's intiuition...gut feelings...statements made....I wonder who this tip or affidavit is from...

Hello,

I'm the author of the recently released "AFTER ETAN: The Missing Child Case That Held America Captive" (Grand Central, May 2009). This is the first book ever in thirty years on the case. I'm a former "60 Minutes" producer - I did all the longform television coverage on the Patz case, including the only interview ever with Jose Ramos, the man found responsible for Etan's death.

To finally tell this story, I had complete access and authorization from the very private Patz family, the investigators, and almost everyone else who covered the case. I can finally tell about how the Patz family endured a parent's worst nightmare, then the crazies and the psychics and the hate mail (!); the prosecutor who escaped near death and pursued his suspect out of jurisdiction to finally lock him away…for a DIFFERENT child molestation; the undercover operation behind prison walls where the serial pedophile finally spilled his guts - twists and turns that took the whole thirty years to unravel. It's one of the greatest detective thriller's I've ever heard, and it's all true. AND it's still going on.

As Ernie Allen, the head of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, told me, it’s also an important story, about the birth of a movement. PLUS a mobilized public opinion could keep the bad guy behind bars – after more than two decades in prison, he's getting out in three years. As the book explains, he's never been criminally charged for this, even though a civil judge found him responsible for Etan's death. That could change this fallo with a new New York DA, and one of the candidates, a tough woman named Leslie Crocker Snyder, wants to take the case on.

This book lays out the evidence, and the case, for the first time. Read the book and you can make up your mind for yourself, but it will answer so many questions I see on this forum and that people have been asking me throughout the 20 years I've covered this case.

see http://afteretan.com for more info or go to http://tinyurl.com/dzvslc to buy the book on Amazon.

Thanks for your attention to this important case,

Lisa R. Cohen

Can't figure out how to link to the post from 8/6/2009 when Lisa Cohen, the author of the book "After Etan..." posted on WS's about Etan's case. It was post No. 18 of this thread....
I am so thankful to be part of a group that just does NOT forget, and who does NOT give up on cases that are unsolved. I hope Etan's parents know that there are many people in the world that care, and have cared for a long, long, time. I hope Etan's family can find peace, and I pray for justice to whoever harmed this beautiful little boy.

Can't figure out how to link to the post from 8/6/2009 when Lisa Cohen, the author of the book "After Etan..." posted on WS's about Etan's case. It was post No. 18 of this thread....
I am so thankful to be part of a group that just does NOT forget, and who does NOT give up on cases that are unsolved. I hope Etan's parents know that there are many people in the world that care, and have cared for a long, long, time. I hope Etan's family can find peace, and I pray for justice to whoever harmed this beautiful little boy.

She and Mark K were on HLN and were speaking about this case. (within the last hour)

How could FBI and NYPD keep this quiet?

Location of Search:

The neighborhood has boutiques and restaurants in the northern area along Broadway and Prince and Spring Streets. The sidewalks in this area are often crowded with tourists.

A look at the neighborhood here:

http://www.nyc.com/visitor_guide/soho.75863/editorial_review.aspx

They could take a clue from the crew that ripped up our street and made our lives pretty darn inconvenient for a good few months. Something to do with Con Ed, I think.

IOW, even something like this can be camouflaged. Probably lends itself quite well to hiding in plain sight, actually. People are used to all kinds of utility crews jackhammering the streets, often with one utility undoing the patch-up work done by another.

They could have ripped up several blocks worth of a street under guise of being the phone company or electric company, and nobody would have given it a second glance.

I am not sure if Nancy is live right now, or was live earlier today and it's airing at 8:00 PM EDT.

How could this guy stay under the radar for 33 years??? If they do find him there I will be shocked. Would make me wonder if this guy is the perp if it was more a case that Etan witnessed something or ticked him off some how more then he was a preditor. You would think there would be other victims if he was a preditor and I dont know of any others over the years in that neighborhood.

Nancy (and guest) suggesting LE put rats (informants) in with Ramos and perhaps he gave up some info...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme