Deceased/Not Found NY - Etan Patz, 6, New York, 25 May 1979 #2 *P. Hernandez guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you imagine? Probably a lot of mob victims too.

Have the Patzes made any public statements about this? I apologize if someone already posted about that, but I haven't had much time to read the news and haven't had my TV on yet today either.

I'm not sure on this, but I don't think the Patzes said anything as of yet, they might be waiting till they know for sure if this guy is telling the truth or not.

Etan disappeared 33 years ago today. This has to be so hard for his family.

Etan disappeared 33 years ago today. This has to be so hard for his family.

So sad all this is happening right near or on the anniversary. My heart breaks for them. If this guy really did do it at least they get some answers to what really happen to their son but if none of this is true, it would be so very wrong. The family has enough pain. Even if it is true, without his remains being return to them there really is no true closer for them.

This poor little guy's parent's must be devistated . After 30 years they finally find out just what happend and who is responsible and having to realize there prolly is no chance to even bring him home to have a propper burriel to RIP.. wow I feel for them today.

I'm actually glad this is happening on the anniversary of his disappearance. This way they won't have another sad anniversary to think about. It seems fitting that he be arraigned today.

The suspect is named Pedro Hernandez.

Oops. I did a google search to get his name right, and the Drudge site was the first hit. It says: "New York City police have arrested Pedro Rodriguez, 51, for the 1979 murder of missing 6-year-old boy Etan Patz."

I guess that's what I get for trusting that dude's site.

just adding my 2 cents for number

Pedro has cancer and no place to live but for the goodness of his estranged wife who allowed him back in. He is thinking of his last hours on the street with no meds, no food or shelter. The most hardened crfiminals do not relish this mind image. Pedro, by accounts (thus far) does not have a criminal record and save for one family who does not like him, is even spoken of fondly. Pedro has nothing to loose and much to gain by putting a feather in the cap of ny DA with a confession, real or contrived. He will cooperate with whatever scenerio prompted.

Point? None of us will ever know what hapened and that means this case is unsolved and the beaurocrats can stop slapping each other on the back.[/quote] MOO of course

I'm very skeptical of this confession. I hope they have found the right guy because it would at least give some justice to Ethan and his family, and maybe some answers.

I'm finding it hard to believe though.

I'm very skeptical of this confession. I hope they have found the right guy because it would at least give some justice to Ethan and his family, and maybe some answers.

I'm finding it hard to believe though.

Me too, Cappuccino. So far we have this confession and a man in prison (other charges) who has been found guilty in a civil court. If LE and dhe DA toss out enough perps surely one will get crushed by the bus and we can put this nightmare to an end.

I beliieve the basement search was political and all involved tried very hard to bring the handy man to the fore as "the one" but he lawyered up and was not on psyc meds so they had to start over to find someone else with a different scenerio before November. Not a popular opinion, buy my opinion none the less.
*I will proofread my posts beginning here so you won't have to see edited posts. :)

Chillingly, he {Pedro Hernandez} added, "There is no body. You're not going to find it". the sources said.

Almost identical statement attributed to Ramos by Assistant US Attorney GraBois.

"'Etan is dead, there is no body, and there will never be a body," Ramos allegedly told the cellmate.

Etan Patz Declaration of Death was issued based on GraBois statements:
Stuart R. GraBois, a former federal prosecutor who worked on the case and is now an adviser to the Patzes, told the judge, "We have information that Etan Patz is dead."

Etan was declared legally dead - and Ramos was found liable in State Supreme Court due to GraBois statements. No public record though - no transcripts. Only a statement issued by the Judge. There was no Civil Trial. Ramos failed to appear - or failed to answer the deposition - and was found to be liable of the unlawful death of Etan - and ordered to pay 2 million$.

In a one-paragraph decision dated April 19, Justice Barbara R. Kapnick of State Supreme Court granted a judgment in the wrongful death lawsuit by the Patz family against the defendant, Jose A. Ramos, because he did not comply with an order she made more than a year ago to answer questions under oath about Etan's disappearance. The decision became public yesterday.

I find it frightening that LE pursued Ramos for all of these years - Ramos has been found liable for the death of Etan - for statements he may or may not have made to jailhouse informants. And hearings that he did not attend - he was in prison. Poor Miller must have had the scare of his life as well. If the new suspect did commit this crime - the fact that Etan has not been found will make no difference at all. That is not the reason Ramos was never charged. Even if Etan was found - Ramos would still not have been charged - unless Etan was found on his property - and Ramos property has been searched and cleared.

NY1 reporting PH was in a conference room at Bellevue and has been arraigned.

His attorney said during arraignment that:

-he wants psychiatric evaluation
-his client is bipolar; has schizophrenia and hallucinations

Snipped

According to the criminal complaint, Hernandez told police he strangled Patz and placed him inside a plastic bag, causing his death. His court-appointed lawyer, Harvey Fishbein told the court that Hernandez is a schizophrenic and had both auditory and visual hallucinations. Fishbein requested hearing to determine his client's mental fitness.

Snipped

Relatives have said Hernandez has a history of some mental issues.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...urder-154007265.html?dsafdsafdsafdsafdsafdsaf

So it looks like we're looking at a guilty plea in exchange for a lifetime sentence in a state mental hospital.

I am afraid that the Patz family is still not going to have the final truth about what happened to their little boy. This story seems so sketchy to me. I feel so awful about this because there is no closure for them still,after all of these years. JMO

So it looks like we're looking at a guilty plea in exchange for a lifetime sentence in a state mental hospital.

Among Fishbein's most noteworthy cases, according to his website, was that of Andrew Goldstein, a schizophrenic man charged in 1999 with shoving 32-year-old Kendra Webdale in front of a subway car, killing her.

The case led to Kendra's Law, a state statute that allows families to demand court-ordered psychiatric treatment for troubled relatives. Goldstein, whose first trial ended with a hung jury and whose conviction at his second trial was overturned on appeal, pleaded guilty to manslaughter in 2006.

In 1996, in a similar case, Fishbein persuaded a jury that Reuben Harris was not responsible for his actions when he pushed a 63-year-old woman in front of a subway car because he suffered from schizophrenia. According to Fishbein's website, Harris was hospitalized for treatment rather than incarcerated as a result.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/05/25/us-usa-crime-boy-lawyer-idUSBRE84O18Z20120525

That might be the best case scenario, depressing as that sounds. We might be looking at a delusional false confessor, which would not only leave Etan's family back in limbo but also totally destroy the credibility of the investigation into Etan's disappearance and/or send an innocent man to prison and leave the guilty person free.

I'm not trusting this confession at all, I'd like to see some objective confirmation of it.

Not sure about NY state law but some places - in some instances I've read of - the plea bargain will be in place and there'll be a non-jury mini-trial in which sworn testimony will be taken (from the defendant and, say, the people Hernandez told this story to years ago, plus LE after their having done a whole lot of foot work to nail this case as tight as it can be nailed after 33 years). After, per plea bargain, the judge finds for the state and sentences the guy to a life in a mental facility.

attachment.php

This is what the bodega is now. JF Rey Eyewear Design. 448 W Broadway.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/25/nyregion/man-claims-he-strangled-etan-patz-police-say.html

Attachments

• EyeglassStoreNY.png
    EyeglassStoreNY.png
    548.4 KB · Views: 196
Well, for the time being...his confession works for me. I don't care where they put him, just as long as he's locked away for the remainder of his life.
G-d bless the family...and their sweet little boy.
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member